Golden Age Care Home - Carmichael, CA

[Name Removed] has been a pleasure to work with. I am a geriatric nurse practitioner and have had patients at her facility. She has been tremendous in caring for my patients and communicating with myself or my office. Her home is very clean and organized. I would recommend this place to others.

A place for Dad too :-)

It is my pleasure to recommend Golden Age Care Home to anyone who wishes to have a safe, loving, and affordable place for their elderly relative. My father has Alzheimer's disease and we have tried to place him in several care homes. I have found that many care homes will take Alzheimer's patients but few have what is needed to truly care for people afflicted with this disease. The owner and her staff are wonderful people who care for each of their tenants with love and patience. I knew I found the right place when my father said to me "I like it here"

Golden Age Care Home

I toured Golden Age while looking for living options for my mother. I felt that the facility itself was alright, but I did not feel that the staff was as caring and attentive as other communities I looked at. It seemed to me that the person giving our tour did not seem quite as ready and prepared to answer our questions. Overall, I just don’t feel as comfortable putting my mother there, and I wouldn’t recommend it to others.

Outstanding personal care.

It is my pleasure to recommend Golden Age Care Home to anyone who wishes to have a safe, loving, and affordable place for their elderly relative. My father has Alzheimer’s disease and we have tried to place him in several care homes. I have found that many care homes will take Alzheimer’s patients but few have what is needed to truly care for people afflicted with this disease. The owner and her staff are wonderful people who care for each of their tenants with love and patience. I knew I found the right place when my father said to me “I like it here”.

Gem of a care home.

During our first meeting my father and I found Elena to be warm, welcoming and sensitive to our difficult situation. She offered references without our asking. Elena and her staff cared for my mother for approx four weeks until her death. Elena was kind, sympathic and comforting. She communicated with me regularly on my mother's condition. She was sensitive to my wishes.

Golden Care Home was clean, organized, well staffed and safe. There was a house wide security system and in room alert system. There seemed to be a good supply of fresh food. Elena offered to prepare any favorites foods.

Elena and her staff were genuinely interested in those under her care and their families. She was always welcoming to visitors. Activities is only fair because my mother was unable to do much so I cannot speak to that category.

Exceptional care

My father was at Golden Age Care Home for a short time at the end of his life and the owner Elena went beyond expectation in taking care of him. She and her staff gave him the best of loving care with respect, kindness, compassion and a sense of humor. The home is exceptionally clean and feels calm and peaceful the minute you walk in the door. The food was fresh, well balanced and chosen for each individual resident’s needs and preferences. My family and I always felt very welcome and comfortable during our many visits. I observed the strong level of caring and connection Elena and her staff share with all of the residents. Although, it was not an easy decision to have my Father cared for by someone other than family I know that I made the right choice in choosing Golden Age Care home.

My mom Barbra Mars has been at Golden Age center for almost 3 years. The staff is very friendly and professional. Has more of a home feeling then other facilities we've visited. They truly care about my mom and are making this much easier on our family. More importantly she is in great hands and deserves the best.

Mars family