Love this place. If you are truly active adult, and a self starter this is the best place on earth.

I was not impressed

This is a nice facility but I was not impressed. It used to be an amazing community but since has gone downhill. While on tour, the staff let me know right away that they only had one room available and the room they did have was way too far for my sister to walk. The marketing director who gave us the tour was nice and answered all of our questions clearly. I would recommend this facility to other families.

We chose this place over and above the other eight. It had large rooms, was garden level (a casita), washer/dryer hookup, and the staff was very outgoing and friendly. It also had a large bonus room at the back of the house so it was over 1,000 square feet.

I absolutely recommend

While looking into various options for my relative this property seemed like a good fit. The staff and residents are fabulous. If I was twenty years older I would want to live here myself. The food there is excellent. There are two eating areas, it is well-run, and the people there are super friendly. They also provide housekeeping. For my loved one housekeeping comes in every two weeks. The entire environment is very clean. There are plenty of activities as well. They offer bus trips and there are walking trails outdoors. Many residents have dogs so they spend some time outside walking them. The facility is separated into five courts. In the court that my relative is in they will set up certain activities and encourage others to participate. They keep everyone up to date on what’s happening on a newsletter that they send out routinely. I absolutely recommend this place to other families that are looking for options.

Glencroft

I drove by Glencroft while looking at living options for my mother. The community seemed nice. It isn’t in the worst part of town, but it isn’t in the best area either, and I was really looking for good community in a nicer area, so I chose to move her elsewhere.

Great place, lots of walking, too far from family.

Grounds Are Very Nice

Since the search was for dad I thought it only fair to him to choose where he wanted to live and this was his choice. We really like the community the grounds are very lovely. It's an older building but the inside has been renovated and is updated so it is nicely decorated and very clean. Dad is having a hard time socializing and my hope is that as time goes on the staff will get him engaged in events and activities. They are doing the best they can they are so nice and friendly very patient. The community is very close to me so dad can come and spend some time at my house if he wants.

Wonderful Community

Glencroft community is a beautiful and clean community. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The management is very easy to communicate with and they try and help accommodate you with any questions or concerns. I really our two bedrooms, two bath apartment. It is very clean and inviting. The food they serve here is very good. The meals are well-balanced and they offer a lot of variety. They offer a lot of activities for the residents. They announce the activities each day on the T. V. channel. I haven't had a chance to participate in them just yet. All my energy is directed toward getting my husband moved from rehab into our new home here. It is a very nice community, it's like a little neighborhood where everybody knows everybody and the residents are so friendly. I've already recommended this community to others, it is a good place to call home.

Excellent, Caring, and Attentive

This community is excellent. My mom is living here and I like the caregivers who are attentive and caring with her. I like the fact there is 12 residents with a great patient to staff ratio. She has 2 caregivers to help her. The community is extremely clean. My mom loves the food she is served. I would recommend them to my family and friends.

Great choice for Dad!

Absolutely clean, well-maintained community. They have come through with everything they promised for my dad. He has been living here for two months and is settling in quite well. We definitely picked the right place. There are many activities to choose from. The staff is very helpful and caring. The food is very good, no complaints in that department. The residents are very friendly, it's a very pleasant atmosphere.

Happy environment!!

I have recently made the move into this community and so far I am pleased with how things are going for myself. The staff are all very friendly and have made sure to accommodate my needs to the best of there ability. I have no complaints about the meals and enjoy the social environment with the other residents throughout the week. Overall I think I picked the perfect place for me and would recommend it to anyone.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care for my mom. We wanted an apartment community. The staff was nice and the assisted living is very helpful for the residents for care. They offer a nice variety of activities and a nice menu. Families might want to consider this community for the care of a loved one.

My Loved Ones Really Enjoy Living Here

My aunt and mom are doing well. Everything is good for them. They are happy with the choice that was made. The staff are wonderful. My aunt and mom absolutely love it. IT has a family atmosphere, the residents are always looking out for one another.

Comfortable living

This place is great! I was in living in CA but wanted a place closer to my daughter. I put down a deposit and moved in sight unseen. To my relief, it has been a wonderful choice. The staff is friendly and easy to talk to.
I usually have lunch in the dining room and the meal is so big and wonderful I never need more than a light dinner. They also have so many activities. They even let you come up with some of your own! They have 2 buses that take us to many other events around town.

Love Glencroft

I helped a friend find a independant living home.
Glencroft
is the perfect place. First the food is delicious! the pricing is reasonable. they have a bank on site. The apartments, are
clean and fresh. They have a bus that will take them to places like walmart, target, the dollar store and more that runs Monday through Friday.
She is hard of hearing, so she has a caption phone, which their IT guys hooked up for her.
They have thought of everything a senior might need and provided it. Plus the residents are happy and smiling and there lots of activities so the residents can have fun.

friendly Staff!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far everything has been going well for her. She has been really enjoying her experience and is comfortable in her living environment. She has had no complaints about the food and enjoys participating in activities from time to time with the other residents. I would recommend this facility to anyone interested.

Very large!

Glencroft felt like a huge city. I was not very impressed with them, but my loved one thought they had a lot to offer. The people there were friendly and gave us good information, but it was not the best fit for my loved one.

A new home

My husband in this community. The moving experience was an adjustment. The staff did not show up on the first day to help them adjust, The staff is nice. We did not like the dining area and I had to move them to a different room. They were never shown a tour of the community when they moved in. The menu of the meals is good. they have adjusted to the move in. We would recommend this community to other families for good care and value

A great tour!

When I toured Glencroft, I thought it was aa nice place. The person that took me around was read with information and very accommodating. They really worked with our schedule and we had a great experience, but it was not the best fit for my father. We wanted something with more personal one on one care.

Happy with everything!!

My grandmother seems to be very pleased with how things are going for her since she recently made the move into her new living environment. She has really liked all of the meals they provide as well as taking part in many of the activities they have to offer. She feels comfortable and safe in her new apartment and that is what is most important to me. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

This residence made the "short list" for taking Mom on a tour. Mom selected another assisted living community closer to my home and did not tour Glencroft.

Care and comfort for mom

I am happy with this community. The staff here are very nice and attentive. The menu here is very good and she is please with the nice variety They do offer her activities to participate. We like the value and the care that is received here and we recommend the community to other families

No place like home

We have been here only little more than a month in independent living, so we have no way to evaluate much of what's here. However, we are well pleased with our choice and the opportunities it affords. We would never have found this opportunity on our own.

This place only had rooms with stoves and my mother-in-law can't be trusted with a stove.

A positive atmosphere!!

I think overall, my father is happy with the surroundings at the Glencroft. The staff is all very friendly and welcoming. The place is very clean and well maintained. He likes the food that they provide as well. We are happy with how things are going with the Glencroft so far.

Mom's Care

We are very happy with the great care at this community. The staff is very nice and helpful. The meals appearing to be very good. We like the activities that are offered here. We would recommend the over all care and value to other families.

Very friendly residents!!

My dear friend seems to be enjoying her stay at this community and has really made a smooth transition. I like the fact that they have resident advisers who come and greet the new residents when they move and really take the time to show them around and introduce them to everyone. They also have a new members orientation which shows her the schedules and times of everything which I though was really neat. This facility also offers transportation to and from doctor appointments and other little errands she may need help with. i do think this place could do a better job at organization with the move in process as well as have faster response times to call lights. I am not impressed with the fact that my friends pendant that she wears for emergencies is not working properly and we have put in many request to get it fixed and they have yet to do so. That is just dangerous and unexceptionable in my eyes. All in all we are happy she has a great apartment with her cat and has made her self right at home.

Great place to live!

My mother has really been enjoying living at the Gloencroft. She likes the friendly positive atmosphere. They provide one meal and some activities. The only thing I wish they could improve on is the shuttle service. I wish they had a schedule and routes posted somewhere. Other than that, the place is great.

Our first impressions of Glencroft

My Mom visited Glencroft to see if she would like to live there after living on her own. I was hopeful she would like it, but skeptical because she has never seriously considered an independent living environment. She fell in love with the place after visiting, and committed to moving there on the spot.

We have since moved her there, and the staff has been extremely helpful and caring. We are delighted she is happy living in an environment without the worry of managing a home at 90 years old.

Here's a special shout-out to [Removed] at Glencroft for helping us manage my Mom's move. Since we live in Virginia, and Glencroft is in Arizona, we couldn't be there to manage this move.[Removed] answered all of our questions and emails in a timely manner, and took the concern of us not being there off our shoulders. Thanks [Removed]!

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff

Donna gave my mother and I a very informative tour of the facility. The pamphlets describing services and activities were accurate and inviting. The residents we came into contact with were truly content and had nothing but good things to say about the staff, security department, dining amenities, and all services offered. The marketing division was especially helpful when my mother unexpectedly ended up hospitalized only days after signing her move-in contract. It took over a month for her to finally get medically cleared to move in and live on her own. Glencroft worked with us every step of this process. My mother has been there several months now and couldn't be happier with her choice to live at Glencroft. I would recommend Glencroft to anyone who wanted the peace of mind to know their loved one is well taken care of and happy.

The person we were to meet with was not there. Lady eventually took us to a couple of places but we had to leave for next appt. I did not like the facility. Did not smell good either

My caring community.

I am very happy with the care that I am receiving here. The staff is wonderful and caring at all times. The food is very good and a nice variety. I do enjoy the activities that they offer for me to participate. The community is always very clean here. I would highly recommend this community to others for great value and the great care.

Consideration on care

I did a tour of this community. I was not very happy with the staff here. The rooms would not be a good fit for my father to enjoy. He was wanting a room with a patio view to enjoy being outside in the mornings. I did not feel good about my father coming to this community for care. I would suggest other families consider this community before placing a loved one here.

Awesome!!!

This community has been great for my Father in law. The staff are friendly and willing to help however they can. They offer 2 restaurants and the food is good. You can dine in or have food delivered to your room. They have a lot of services on site such as a beauty shop and barber shop. There is a doctor and nurse care services available. This is one of the best communities I have seen.

An Excellent Community

I am happy with the care and I love it there. They are fantastic and she loves the dining experience. She gets to meet her friends and she tries to attend activities. The community is clean, I can't complain. We are overall happy with them and I would recommend them to anyone.

Great Care

This is a very nice community. Staff is always willing to care help when needed. It is very clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this to anyone. They do have activities to get to know the neighbors

Corporation doesn't care about anyone.

My mother lived there for 17 years in a garden apartment. The campus is nice, the food isn't very good.
My main problem is that my mother had bought into her apartment, she moved out 8 months ago and no one will return our calls. They don't wish to return her money that they owe her. She is 82 and now living off social security only. This is not a security deposit I'm talking about.
Do not let your family member move in here without reading the contract throughly.
Do not let your family member be placed in the care center too. They had my mother there for appx 6 weeks and never removed the catheter until my mother threaten to pull it out herself.

I would recommend this community if you had a lot of money!

This community does have an indoor swimming pool and offer some activities such as a bridge club I started. They do have an issue with gnats in the kitchen so they did shut it down to correct this problem. I am not impressed with the food. The community is kept clean.

They're very accommodating. They had an ice cream social the first day there. The food is good, everyone had a smile on their face. It's close to transportation, and they have their own transportation. It was a great place for our stay there, and we can't thank them enough!

Glencroft 45 years of wonderful service!!!

Glencroft Senior Living is a 45 year old property that was designed as a Faith-based community. The campus was in serious financial condition many years ago and the past CEO was asked to leave. A new CEO was appointed and developed a plan that yes in fact would fix and help Glencroft to grow. He is a blessing to Glencroft and in fact has "fixed" what was failing. Glencroft is now in the black financially and our campus of 900 units is at 92% occupancy. Clearly, the reviewer that posted is a disgruntled employee that has been weeded out or is obviously afraid of being weeded out. As with any long time property the motto "out with the old and in with the new" rings true here. Glencroft has put together the A Team and to many the positive is out weighing the negative. The rumors that were spoken of couldn't be further from the truth. Sadly, the reviewer received some bad, bad information. Glencroft has a wonderful reputation and an amazing staff that is dedicated to what they do. Shame on you for writing because YOU are unhappy with YOU. Hopefully you will be weeded out soon.

These reviews do not reflect Glencroft's current state

These are mostly fake reviews. You wouldn't get so many positive reviews for heaven.

Glencroft is falling apart. Most of the senior staff and department directors have either been fired or asked to resign. These senior personnel are then being replaced by much lower paid staff from other departments, and new directors with less than half the experience are hired at a 30% pay cut.

There is a rumor that Their skilled 5 star status will be downgraded to 1 star after their latest state inspection.

2-1/2 years ago the CEO left and was replaced by "fixer'--someone who fixes failing organization. He has failed to fix Glencroft and made it like any for-profit corporation, no longer faith based in any way as proven by how they treat employees.

A Wonderful Community

After 6 weeks of staying here, the staff know me by name and that's impressive! The staff are wonderful and nice. I have a great room with 2 bedrooms, washer and dryer, dining room and 2 balconies. My room gets cleaned every 2 weeks. There are 5 dining rooms that each serve something different for different variety. The food is healthy and different.

Overall It's Very Nice

This community is very clean, they have good meals, the staff are very friendly and take the time to talk with my mom. I feel the staff are caring, welcoming and help her bathe twice a week. Mom's room is spacious and has her own private bathroom. The community provides activities but Mom likes to play games on her computer instead. I would recommend this community because my mom is in good care.

This Is A Great Community

My mother absolutely loves this community, we are very happy. This is a great community, everything is spotless. They do a very good job of keeping the facility nice and clean. The staff is amazing, they are caring for her very well. There are wonderful activities offered, she enjoys the swimming activities. She enjoys meeting all the residents. The food is great. I'am confident about the care she is receiving.

Absolutely Would Recommend

This community has started out great for my mom. The community is clean and well-kept. I'm not quite happy with the response time from staff member when needing to get in touch. They provide many activities but since mom is happy with her routine she does not join in. The meals are pretty good and very well-balanced. I would absolutely recommend this community.

Everyone Here Is Very Nice

This is truly a beautiful community and my mother has adjusted very well to it. Everything is working out very well and I am pleased. The community looks great, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they have been very helpful. She really stays busy with all the activities they offer. She says the food is good. Everyone is very nice here. So I would recommend it.

My mother loves it there.

My mother loves it there. The people are very, very friendly. They have been very kind, the residents included. She likes that it's a faith based organization. They have a new food service provider, and it's not as good as the old one.

Very Happy

I'm so glad I found Glencroft. I love it here.

A wonderful Atmosphere

This a very lovely community my mother is really enjoying herself here she is settling in very nice. It's a very clean environment I have no concerns there. The staff is very nice and accommodating to my mother and all her needs. The activities are great my mother goes down and exercise's and she really enjoys it. There has been a little hot water issue and I've spoken with the staff and their working to fix it. The food there is great just like a restaurant my mother and I really enjoy the food it's great! It's a great atmosphere and I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. I even see myself moving in here in about twenty years that how great it is.

My father did not participate in any activities, so I can't really rate them. He was in Independent Living and now we're moving him to Assisted Living. I really can't rate them right now.

Helpful and friendly staff

The staff if very helpful and friendly. There is nothing they can improve. I like everything there.

The campus seemed to be well planned out. The facility was nice and the staff seemed very friendly and helpful. We toured the villas apartments, which were the older units, and they were kept up in good condition and were very adequate for my father's needs. Overall, the facility seemed to do very well to maintain my dad's need for independent living while providing a very good support structure around him with most of his needs met there on campus, from having a small store with basic grocery needs to having a heated indoor pool and a very abundant daily activity list. We were very impressed with the facility and the price.

They Go Out Of Their Way

I am very pleased with the care my parents have received at Glencroft. My father was very well cared for at the Memory unit and my mother is still doing very well in independent living. I have had incidents where I could not get a hold of my mother, especially after the passing of my father, and staff went out of there way to make locate her. I once could not get a hold of mom and decided to just contacted the security office at the complex. The security officer took it upon himself to walk up to my mother’s apartment and check to make sure she was doing okay and to let her know I was calling. Every staff member takes there job as if they were caring for one of their own loved ones. I remember on one of my father’s last days, in the memory unit, my brother and I had to step out of his room and go down stairs for just a few minutes. We let the nurses at the front desk know we would be leaving and returning very shortly. They assured us that they would take care of dad and look in on him. When we returned, one of the nurses was sitting at the bedside reading some Psalms to him as if he was awake and able to respond to her. It was such an emotional moment for my brother. We can not thank the staff enough for the care they gave my father not just at the end of his life, but the entire time he was a resident at Glencroft. I only wish my brothers and I would have found this place sooner. I highly recommend Glencroft for the care of your loved ones.

So helpful and friendly

Everyone at Glencroft is so helpful and friendly. Every time we visit the facility they are very nice and helpful. I really don't have anything negative to say. It's been a very good experience all around and I would highly recommend them.

Glad to be a Glencroft family member.

My dad has been at Glencroft 1 month. He is very happy ! I have been very please also .very friendly and caring.I see a new smile on my dads face.

simply outstanding!

The staff there at Glencroft are simply outstanding! They are all so wonderful. We were welcomed in the minute we stepped in there. The residents as well as the lady that showed us around all made us feel like part of the family. We literally hugged each other and have remained in contact even just as friends.

There have been a few maintenance issues, such as with the phone. As friendly and lovely as the maintenance staff are, they can take a little longer than I think they should to get things like this done.

Other than that we are just incredibly pleased. It is a wonderful faith-based community.

Very friendly

The staff and residents are very friendly, which makes it a welcoming place. The friendliness is excellent. Everything has been going well. My mother is well taken care of. The Glencroft is a really nice community. It has a nice atmosphere. The value is pretty good for everything that you get. They offer a variety of activities. We are very pleased with the Glencroft. I would recommend this community.

This seemed to have a very active community, many people knew one another and the staff all seemed like family. They have many options to choose from for all requirements and the pricing fits right with my mom's budget. She especially likes having only one meal provided per day instead of the 3 most other communities have. Also lots of storage in the casitas and the apartments.

very happy there

Everything is going very good at Glencroft. I helped get a loved one set up there not too long ago and she is very happy there.

Everything seems to be fine there.

Everything seems to be fine there. I don't have any concerns about how it's kept. The staff is friendly. As far as I am concerned they get a five.

Joan Christensen made us feel like family. The amenities and choices for the price point are outstanding. We know our parents will be loved and taken care of in the way they deserve. With love and dignity.

Seemed more affordable. Full continuum of services in one location. Not as spacious as others.

Very Loving And Supportive

My husband has anger issues but staff is very loving and supportive .

Very Nice Tour

They have an indoor swimming pool and a bank , and an independent living area, saw dining room but not concerned about meals not a picky eater. I like the part where I will be living its like a villa and I can park my car right in front.

I have had no complaints so far.

I have had no complaints so far. They are doing a really good job. I have no issues with them at all. I would rate them very highly.

great overall

Getting the apartment ready was excellent. They worked with us very well, and it was very clean. Everybody there has been great.

If there is anything where they could improve, it would be in the orientation/on-boarding area. They do not have a very good process for getting new residents acquainted with how things work. I have had to step up and investigate things on my own and show mom thereafter how some things work. They need to make sure the new residents know where things are and how things work.

They also need some more variety of activities in the afternoon. They have a lot in the morning, but mom (like many others) is not up and going that early.

Other than that it's great and they've been awesome.

She is finally happy!

I am not nearby so I don't see it a lot. However my loved one has been in more than five different homes. There have always been problems. But she is happier here, than I have seen her at any of the other places, and that makes us happy.

Review of Glencroft Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Glendale, AZ

Tour staff not there at 9 a.m. or when I left around 9:40 a.m. Facility seems old on the outside. Security staff was friendly enough. No followup call from Marketing.

Review of Glencroft Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Glendale, AZ

Okay Apt.& Community but Outdated,Not Keen on the Outdoor Entrances to the Apt. Units themselves.Close Prox. to Mom's but Thunderbird Retirement Community is a Better Fit and a little more updated and Apt. entrances are to Hallways...seems a bit more Safer that way.

Very nice place!

We've been very pleased with the service so far at Glencroft, they've taken great care of my parents! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff are all very friendly and caring. In particular the care staff in the memory care unit are caring, patient, and well trained to handle issues that come up with alzheimer's care.

Liked the 'apartment' feel ...

Liked the 'apartment' feel of this place. My mom is moving from SLC, Utah and doesn't tolerate the heat, so the fact she had to go outside to get food was a non-starter. Wasn't real comfortable with the number of units in this establishment and the mixed usage. Didn't feel safe.

At Glencroft Senior Living there is a difference you can feel. With a servant's heart, the staff at Glencroft shower our residents with love and compassion in an atmosphere that is warm and embracing. At Glencroft we feel honored and privileged to serve people who may seem ordinary at first glance, but who have actually done extraordinary things to impact the lives of others. The residents at Glencroft continue to inspire those around them with their zest for life and their desire to try and learn new things.

Our neighborhood is 'home' for 900 residents around our 40-acre campus. With independent living, assisted living, memory care and long-term care our residents are confident that if life throws a curve ball Glencroft is there to help them thrive.