Garden Village - Kansas City, MO

Excellent experience. [Removed] was understanding and informative. Facility was clean and cheerful.

Mom's Care at home

I like the enviroment and the staff is very nice and professional. They were warm and caring to my mom. The caretaker was always on time. We liked that she was able to help with cleaning and organization task. We liked that they helped us find someone for care as soon as needed. We would recommend both the service and the caretaker to other for great care.

Great Place

My brother is doing well at Garden Village. It is a really nice and beautiful community. The people there are very friendly and helpful. They are very welcoming to our family when we come to visit. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. They have an exercise room and activities for the residents to participate in. They have the activities posted regarding when and where the activities will be held. They do offer off-site activities. I have not dined there with my brother but he says the meals they serve are really good. It is a very nice community. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

A nice place for mom

We like the size of this community and the rooms they offer. The staff have been nice, helpful and I have good communication with them. They offer plenty of activities and the food is good. The community is very clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

A good fit!!

We really appreciate all of the help from A Place For Mom, with their help we were able to find this community that we are very happy with. My father's apartment is very comfortable. They provide meals which are very good. We mainly picked this place because it is close to my home. We are happy with our choice.

I stayed in one of the guest rooms after Thanksgiving and was very impressed with Garden Village. Of course it is always better if you have your own furniture and bed but it was roomy and clean. If there was any one thing I did not like was the amount of time it took to serve food. The food which was pretty good took way to long to serve. One meal it took two hours to serve and most of the time it takes at least an hour plus to be served. That is not good. Also the chairs in which you had to sit on in the dinning room were very uncomfortable for a larger person. I found the servers as a whole very nice and they did the best they could... just not enough of them. Enjoyed my time with my mother and so pleased she has found a nice place to live.

It's a great place and mom is really making a smooth transition.

It's a great place and mom is really making a smooth transition. They have very good food, and they do a lot of activities. They have housekeeping once a week. They have an on-site healthcare company that is separate from them, but very convenient to have nearby should personal assistance be needed. So far we have been pleased.

Not A Fan Of Elevators!

The Garden Village was nice but it was just too far from my home. Also, it was multiple stories and I was not a fan of the elevators. The staff was very friendly and answered all of my questions.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

My tour of the Garden Village went well, the staff was very friendly and answered all of my questions. The community seemed very safe. The complex could have been cleaner and more kept up. The residents didn't seem to have much variety in activities and were all just sitting in the lobby while we were on our tour.

Positive Atmosphere!!

The garden Village residence has been very good to me. The place is kept very clean and organized. Meals have been very good they are healthy and tasty. The staff interact with me and tend to my needs. I would definitely recommend this community.

The tour was interesting. The rooms and facility were nice. We did not like the location. It seemed to be too distant from local shopping. The price range was higher than we cared to afford.

I love This Community

I love this place and everything about the Garden Village is great. I wish my parents would take advantage of everything they offer here but they tend to stay in their room. The community is wonderful and very clean and nice looking. They enjoy the food and haven't said anything bad about that. Staff has been great with all the help they give my parents. This is more like an apartment complex and not a senior assisted living, and I would highly recommend this community.

Nice place overall

My mother-in-law's only complaint about the place is the food.

Excellent Care

I would say that the interim nursing group has done an excellent job. I have been very impressed with the amount of communication they have had with me and with taking care of my mom and the staff in general all seem to be friendly and willing to help, and I felt like she has good care.

He loves it

This is the first place we looked at for out family member. It is also the last. This is the most amazing place. All of the staff are very friendly. The residence are very helpful. The food is very delious. My family member is so happy that when we come to pick him up he does not want to leave. He loves Garden Village.

Everyone at Garden Village has been very nice. My mother really likes it there. The food is really good too!

We had no concerns, it's just very big.

We had a short stay here, while we waited for an opening at a community closer to us. We had no concerns, it's just very big. It's nice and clean, and the staff are all pretty friendly. There are lots of lots of people, and a lot of activities going on. There is only one dining room, so there are 200 people plus, and it takes a long time. With that many people, it's hard to get to know the other residents.

wonderful wonderful value monetarily

Garden Village is a wonderful wonderful value monetarily. It is a wonderful place. The atmosphere is lovely here. They don't have enough staff to serve the food though, so it takes forever to get served. The food quality is really good. This is such a minor issue. We really love this facility and are very pleased.

Very nice place!

We've only been here a short time, but so far we're really enjoying it. Garden Village is a very nice place, overall! The apartments are very nice, the people are friendly, and the food is very good!

We are very happy with Garden Village.

We are very happy with Garden Village. The staff has been great, and it's beautiful. I haven't had any complaints or concerns come up. I would recommend them to others. It's been a pretty good experience so far.

They like to advertise that they are one big happy family. I liked that they had a lot of activities, and the meals, they welcome families to come and have meals, without charge. That's all very nice, but I did that a couple of times but if you sat in the wrong part of the dining room, and you had to wait a really long time to get served, we sat for more than 30 minutes before anyone came by. Sometimes they would run out of certain meals. The people were very nice, but it seemed like once someone got in and the fees were processed they kind of left you on their own. I was under the impression that they would kind of keep an eye on the residents and let families know if something needed more attention. They didn't really have much of an assessment process at all. She needed a higher level of care than they offered, but we didn't know that. They just didn't seem to be very attentive, or proactive about their residents at all. They just keep saying that it's independent. If it wasn't for how they handled a few incidents, I would have given them a 3 or 4, but I can't do that. We had to leave before the contract was up, because of doctors orders, and they were not very happy about the whole situation. They were initially very threatening, about the whole thing.

The people are nice, but the residents are pretty grumpy.

The people are nice, but the residents are pretty grumpy. The population here seems to be closer to assisted living than independent, even if it is an independent place. The food is included in the monthly price whether I wanted to eat it or not.

My mom enjoyed her tour and liked the decor and activities. The sales rep was hospitable and seemed genuinely interested in our situation. They have a good variety of activities and amenities available to the residents. Since there is a wait list for the smaller units, we went ahead and got put on there but I like that there is no pressure.

Truly Beautiful!

Caring, compassionate, helpful staff! Beautiful, peaceful atmosphere!

It's Great

My mother loves it here. It's great. Everything has been great. I only have positive things to say about the Garden Village. I am glad that my loved one is comfortable here. This is a really nice community. Everyone is nice.

very helpful

One area where they could improve is the food. It used to be ok (not good, but ok) and it seems to have gotten worse.

They are very helpful though any time I need anything, and seem to really go above and beyond their duties.

I'm very satisfied with Garden Villag...

I'm very satisfied with Garden Village, and the care they provide. I am pleased with the cleanliness of the facility, friendliness of the staff, activities options, food choice, and service provided. I would highly recommend this facility.

We are really happy with it.

We are really happy with it. The people are really friendly. We liked the location, and that they serve three meals a day, and the food is pretty good. They had bigger rooms for a lower price as well. There could be a few updates with the carpeting and things. It's very clean, but just a few updates. The front is beautiful with flowers, and the courtyard is lovely but a few more flowers would really brighten it up.

I loved this community and ...

I loved this community and all it had to offer for my mom. It was too far north of the river for my sister, but it would be a lovely place for any senior. Friendly and welcoming staff, excellent dining facilities, many floor plans, lovely artwork throughout, tons of activities, and most of all the residents seemed very happy to live there.

Nice place, ask questions.

My mother in law has been at Garden Village for 2 months now and seems to really like it. The residents and staff (especially the residents) have made my mother in law feel very welcome. The place has the look of a luxury hotel and seems to be kept clean although they are currently having maintenance issues. The rent is reasonable but they failed to inform us that the rent is increased annually by 4-6%. They do offer a rate lock in occasionally, ask questions.

Happy at the Garden Village

So far our experience has been very satisfactory. The staff was very helpful and friendly, even with me working long distance to get my mom organized for moving. The apartment was cleaned and refurbished as they said, and any concerns we had were addressed quickly and effectively. While it is still early, I think my mom really likes it there. Of course there will be adjustments when going from living alone in a large house to a more regimented, apartment community, I believe I already noticed a difference in my mom's mood and activity level.

first time in this situation

Friendly understanding

Fantastic

They've done a fantastic job! That's really all I can say!

Friendly and accommodating staff

Overall we've had a good experience with Garden Village. We had a bit of difficulty during the move-in process, the room was missing a few finishing touches when it was time for him to move in, but they got it straightened out quickly. The staff have all been great, it's a warm family environment, and they're very communicative with both their residents and the families.
One big issue we've had is that the medication distribution/assistance service they use has not been reliable. There is also not a lot of uniformity when it comes to pricing and room size/structure. Our loved one ended up with an odd shaped room that made furniture placement difficult, but the cost was the same as larger and better laid out rooms.

Very friendly and caring staff!

I think they do a great job here, I'd give them high marks across the board! It's a wonderful place, and you really get the feeling that your loved one will be in good hands. The staff are all very compassionate, caring, and professional. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Very nice community

Overall our experience with Garden Village has been a good one. It's a nice looking community, they do a great job keeping everything clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. They're definitely worth a look if you're searching for senior living!

Happy Dad ingaged again

I moved Dad down from Nebraska, he has been very pleased with his new home.
I have been very impressed by the friendliness of all the staff, and with the value which he receives. I believe it is a great place to keep him active and engaged with other people.

I liked this facility, but ...

I liked this facility, but I was very concerned about there being so many floors and felt it may be confusing for my Mom and Aunt as they have very low vision. They would not be able to read the activities list and I wondered if they would be able to adapt. The staff was very pleasant and the apartments were very nice. I am still looking.

Me and my sister really like it.

They are excellent. I’m not as familiar with the activities, because I’m not there all the time, but I see the calendar and it looks great. The community is really pretty, very peaceful. My mom likes the food. It’s got beautiful landscaping. I like it the hallways as they are very wide. There is pretty art and décor, very pleasing to the eye. There are all kinds of little sitting areas. Me and my sister really like it.

All Good!

Things are going great here. I really can't think of anything they need improvement on. Communication and consistency are all fine. This community was referred to us, and it's working out well. I have't tried the food myself, but my mom loves it. She says that it's very good, there's plenty of it, and lots of variety! It's definitely pricier than the others around though.

Good community, overall

Overall they do a good job here. The care is good and the staff are very friendly. They also do a good job keeping the inside nice and clean, however they could do a much better job keeping the area just outside the front door and the outer walkways clean.
They also could really stand to improve the food. It's not terrible, but it just seems like something you'd be served on a plane.

Beautiful senior living at a great value.

Such a wonderful, clean. and welcoming place. Great value for money expended. Almost all were very friendly and knew residents' names. The one person who could have been friendlier had such a sinus cold the day we were there-that might have been the reason.

They did pretty good right until we were ready to move out

They did pretty good right until we were ready to move out, I don't know what happened, when our care needs changed we found something more appropriate and everybody got kind of cold. When her care needs started to change at the end when she became a little more difficult. They were very friendly in the begining when we were moving in and getting settled. I know one time she hit the call bell by mistake and they responded within about a minute. They had a lot of activities but most of them were difficult for someone with impaired vision. We chose the community for the value for the money.

GARDEN VILLAGE #PARADISE

MY DAD LOVES IT THERE AND ITS A POSITIVE POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE WHERE THERE ARE NUMEROUS ACTIVITIES, FOOD IS EXCELLENT THE PRICE IS RIGHT AND EVERYONE THERE IS WARM AND FRIENDLY. NONE OF MY FRIENDS CAN BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE A LOCKED IN RATE WHICH CAN NEVER GO UP (ABOUT $1300 A MONTH), FOR A STUDIO APARTMENT WHICH IS MODERN, COVERS ALL UTILITIES, HAS EMERGENCY HOOK UPS AND KITCHEN, AND CABLE TV, CLEANING SERVICES AND DELICIOUS FOOD SERVED TO EACH PERSON AT THE TABLE OF THEIR CHOICE AND EVEN AN ATTENDANT WHO MONITORS MY DAD'S BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS.ACTIVITIES ARE OFFERED DAILY . WHAT MY DAD LOVES IS THE COKE- COLA CAFE WHERE HE CAN GO ANYTIME OF THE DAY FOR COFFEE, LEMONADE, HOT CHOCOLATE, FRUIT , COOKIES OR ROLLS AND HE OFTEN TAKES HIS FAMILY THERE TO VISIT. ONE DAY WHEN I CAME TO VISIT I DID NOT IMMEDIATELY SPOT MY DAD IN THE DINING ROOM. I ASKED A SERVER IF HE KNEW WHERE MY DAD MIGHT BE. WITHOUT HESITATION SAID "OH SURE..HE USUSALLY SITS OVER THERE BUT SOMETIMES HE LIKES TO SIT AT THIS OTHER TABLE. THE SERVER EVEN KNEW MY DAD AND WHERE TO FIND HIM. I HAVE VISITED OTHER FACILITIES WHICH COST BETWEEN $3000 AND $4000 A MONTH FOR STUDIO APARTMENTS. YOUR FACILITY IS HEADS ABOVE THEM FOR MANY REASONS. GARDEN VILLAGE IS CLEAN, FRIENDLY AND THE EMPLOYEES ARE KIND,COMPASSIONATE AND THAT RUBS OFF ON YOUR CLIENTS. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH. FINDING YOU WAS HEAVEN SENT.

Heaven Sent

I went first for a tour before taking my dad. It looked like a resort or cruise ship. Everyone was friendly and helpful. When I took my dad, it was great watching his face as he took it all in. When we got home I asked him what he thought and he said he was interested. So I called and set up a time to do the paperwork and moving date which was about a week later because of my work schedule. Since moving him in, he sounds happy and busy in the things surrounding him. Thank you for making this part of his life good again.

Garden Village Review

After visiting all three independent-living facilities north of the river, my parents felt the most at home at Garden Village. They have lived there a little over two months and are starting to join in on activities. They seem happy in their new environment and I am very grateful, especially knowing they are safe and well cared for by the very efficient staff.

Good place, difficult transition for mom

Everything seems to be going fine, moms settling in, I think I heard her say she loves it once, most of the time she says she doesn't hate it.
The people are lovely, the food is lvoely, the room is perfect, it's really nice, it's convinient, she just doesn't really know where she wants to be. It was a great price, they were offering a special and we got in on that. The people, in my opinion, are lovely, they offer plenty of activities to do and I could not be happier, I would only be happier if mom were happier.
She is starting to participate in more things, it's hard for her to tell me what she's done because she forgets but she's found some people to sit with at lunch and dinner and she's starting to recognize a couple of faces; she just keeps saying that it's unreal for her.

Load off of our mind, and GREAT price

There were no weird smells or anything like that, the staff was wonderful, they took us around and showed us and they were running a special so we wanted to come the next night because there were only a couple of days left so we took my mother in law there and she just loved it. She's living there now and she stil LOVES it. You have to know my mother in law to know it all boils down to how much it costs and the great thing about this place is that they let you lock in a price, you lock in a rent. That was actually the selling point, they had studios on sale (like $500 off) so we got that price and got it locked in. It probably rarely happens but we loved the place when we went and we knew the sale was going off and the managers were nice enough to let us know about it and they weren't lying. She has been on a few day trips, the residents are really nice, the food is nice, the staff is nice, I kind of think it was meant to be.

Not Quite Right For Us

It was fine but we just didn't feel as at home there as another place. I wouldn't say there was anything we didn't like about it though. We could just see my father-in-law living in another place.

Met with Randy. Rooms were...

Met with Randy. Rooms were fairly large but small kitchen area; seemed a little dated and not very well maintained. Good location, easy access for driving. Staff was friendly and welcoming.

Very friendly welcoming residence. L...

Very friendly welcoming residence. Liked the staff and accomodations. Must hire home health to do baths. Kind of far from me. Mom would need to dress every day and get to the dining room 3 times a day.

newer, lots of activities,no on site ...

newer, lots of activities,no on site catholic mass

Very nice.

Very nice.

Likes the ambassador program, residen...

Likes the ambassador program, residents looking out for new residents. People live in and front desk is staffed 24/7. Concern about him having to order his meal every day, could that somehow be done in advance for him. Small tables of 4 in dining room, which is good. Need to ask the question about what move out criteria. Available daily wellness with interim...need to check and get their price list.

Great place. Has all kinds of activi...

Great place. Has all kinds of activities. Residence can plant gardens. Managers live on site and are available 24hours.

I found Garden village very clean and...

I found Garden village very clean and everyone very friendly and helpful and the place I would concider living if I could get the Project Veteran Aid to help with the rent.

Most are not full kitchens, and or sm...

Most are not full kitchens, and or small kitchenetts.

We have visited and were favorably im...

We have visited and were favorably impressed with the facility, staff and apartments.

Our long standing history in the northland is a result of our real values that lie in the intangibles, such as a feeling of independence, peace of mind, happiness, and fulfillment. Our live-in managers are available 24 hours a day, ensuring the comfort and safety of our residents and their families.

Residents will stay active in daily programs both on and off-site. We encourage them to stay involved in organizations in the community as well. Examples of popular activities are Tai Chi, trips to local attractions, exercise and craft classes, ballroom dancing, and our educational seminar series entitled “Let’s Talk Seniors”. In addition, residents can enjoy the game and billiards room, cinema room, and barber/beauty salon. Our residents have also received the Presidential Volunteerism Award from Washington D.C. for our “Seniors Serving Seniors, Seniors Serving Community” Volunteer Program. Veteran Aid and Attendance Benefit Analysts are available to assist in getting the benefits our veterans deserve.

Three delicious, made from scratch, chef-prepared meals are served each day in our elegant dining room. It’s a perfect setting to socialize with friends and neighbors. We offer a variety of menu choices to accommodate special dietary needs of our residents. For a more intimate affair, residents may reserve our private dining room to share a meal.

Transportation is a key in maintaining independence. Our climate-controlled bus is available for trips to appointments, shopping, and group activities. Residents do not have to be concerned with the inconvenience of driving in traffic, especially in inclement weather. Travel for our residents can continue with Holiday’s Travel Program. Residents may stay at any Holiday property for up to two weeks nationwide, in the guest apartment, free of charge – meals included! Senior independence at it’s best!

Each apartment features a sprinkler system, smoke detectors, and emergency pull-cords that link them to resident managers around-the-clock. You won’t find any hidden costs or fees in our community. There is no lease or buy-in fee. In addition, all the utilities except telephone are included in the monthly rent.

Schedule your personal tour and complimentary lunch, we will show you our gracious lifestyle. Trial stays are available as well, giving you the chance to experience the lifestyle for a few days – on us! Enjoy your retirement living and come visit us!