Horrible management Victimized staff

Caregivers were great, but victims of incompetent management-
Over the six months we had a loved one there the care given by the nursing staff was excellent- however the management was so inept that the staff left one after the other- without being replaced. The manager avoided addressing the staffing issues and in the last month and a half there was just one single caregiver left- who was heroically working 70+ hours a week to make certain that the residents were cared for . I consider this caregiver an angel, with a heart of gold- who was also victimized by the incapable management.

It was clear to me that management was the problem with this place- they gave us less than 48 hours notice that the facility was shutting down ( during the coldest week of the year and during the holiday season)
These people should never be permitted to open another caregiving business!!!
However the Care givers were great

dig deep

As a past family member of a resident, very limited in care provided, not much of a social setting,
small and cramped at times, a bit overpriced. Well meaning folks but I think in some financial trouble. Care givers spoke poorly of owner. A few questional things, surrounding staffing, meals, do your homework, look around lots of choices in that part of town. I know its a tough job, but
This one just not what it seems
on your first visit.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY. PLACED MY HUSBAND THERE ON 9/2/14. PAID $3,000 FOR ONE MONTHS CARE. VISITED HIM ON 9/9/14 AND SAW A SEVERE DECLINE IN HIS ABILITIES - COULD NOT WALK WITHOUT ASSISTANCE AND NEEDED HELP GETTING UP AND DOWN FROM A CHAIR. HE WALKED PERFECTLY FINE WHEN I PLACED HIM THERE AND NEEDED NO HELP GETTING AROUND. I FELT HE WAS OVER-DRUGGED AND THIS PLACE WAS NOT A GOOD FIT FOR HIM. REMOVED HIM THAT DAY. ASKED FOR A REFUND AS THE PAPERWORK I SIGNED REFERRED TO "CHARGES ARE PRORATED". IRMA GONZALEZ DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY. SHE VERBALLY SAID SHE WOULD REFUND ME BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER. IT IS NOW OCT. 19, 2014 AND SHE REMAINS UNRESPONSIVE TO MY PHONE CALLS, E-MAILS AND LETTERS. IN MY VIEW, SHE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A THIEF AND A LIAR.

I PLACED MY HUSBAND AT THIS FACILITY ...

I PLACED MY HUSBAND AT THIS FACILITY ON 9/2/14 AND PAID $3,000 FOR ONE MONTHS OF CARE. I FILLED OUT ALL OF THE PAPERWORK, BUT DID NOT RECEIVE COPIES OF IT EVEN THOUGH IRMA GONZALEZ (OWNER) SAID SHE WOULD GET ME COPIES. I REQUESTED COPIES A SECOND TIME, AND SHE SAID SHE WOULD MAIL THEM TO ME. IT'S SEPT. 30, 2014 AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEM. I VISITED MY HUSBAND ON 9/9/14 AND NOTED THAT HE APPEARED "DRUGGED" AND COULDN'T WALK OR GET UP AND DOWN WITHOUT ASSISTANCE. HE HAD A BLANK STARE ON HIS FACE, NOT AT ALL HIS USUAL SELF. WHEN I PLACED HIM THERE, HE HAD STRENGTH AND WALKED JUST FINE, HE WALKS ALL THE TIME, HE HAD NO TROUBLE GETTING UP AND DOWN FROM A CHAIR OR BED. HE'S AN "ENERGIZER BUNNY" MOST OF THE TIME. I COULDN'T GET OVER HOW MUCH HE DECLINED. SO, I TOLD IRMA I WAS TAKING HIM HOME.

I ASKED FOR A REFUND FOR THE UNUSED DAYS AND SHE SAID SHE COULD MAKE PAYMENTS OVER TIME. I REMARKED "ARE YOU THAT BROKE?." HER RESPONSE WAS SHE WOULD HAVE NEVER "CASHED" MY CHECK, IF HE WAS ONLY GOING TO STAY FOR A WEEK. THAT MADE NO SENSE TO ME.

THE NEXT DAY I SENT IRMA A LETTER EXPRESSING MY DISAPPOINTMENT WITH HER AND HER FACILITY AND REQUESTED MY MONEY BE REFUNDED BY THE END OF SEPT. 2014. I CALLED HER ON SEPT. 17, 2014 AND ASKED IF SHE RECEIVED MY LETTER, SHE SAID "NO". I ASKED IF SHE RECEIVED MY E-MAIL SENT ON SEPT. 15TH.. SHE SAID, "NO". I TOLD HER I WANTED MY MONEY BACK BY THE END OF SEPT. AND ASKED IF I WOULD RECEIVE IT. SHE SAID, "YES". I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED IT.

I CALLED IRMA TODAY AT 12:45 PM AND SAID I WANT MY MONEY BACK. SHE SAID SHE WAS BUSY AND WOULD CALL ME BACK IN A HALF HOUR. I RECEIVED NO CALL BACK. I CALLED HER AGAIN AT 1:20 PM AND GOT A VOICE MESSAGE. NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONE.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO ANYONE WHO CARES ABOUT THE CARE OF THEIR LOVED ONE.

I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND I SURELY FEEL "ROBBED".

Good Community

Gabrielle's Sunset is a good community. The staff is friendly and the community is very clean. They are very accommodating with us and we are just working out the kinks. Overall it is a good community that really tries to make the situation better for everyone.

Home not suitable for advanced Alzhei...

Home not suitable for advanced Alzheimer's from their web page

"For a Lifestyle Like No Other Assisted Living”

We’ve just built…

a Home designed for friendship, wellness, comfort & care

a House designed with the beauty & amenities of the larger facilities

MONTE VISTA PLACE offers the best of both worlds - - - the beauty & amenities of larger centers
with the quality care of a family setting.

(Home not suitable for advanced Alzheimer's)