Flory's Care Home - Beaverton, OR

Brief 2-month observations and opinions

My spouse has been a resident for approximately two months. She is dependent on her caregivers for most living functions during many hours of the day.

I consider the caregivers to be generally capable and reasonably attentive to needs of residents. They demonstrate friendliness while providing care, which I consider important to the general emotional well being of residents.

The facility is pleasant, spotless and pretty well equipped to handle the needs of residents.

very small room, not in good shape, old. No community TV, mom doesn't want to be in her room alone. Nice family

Flory is an amazing caregiver

The house is older, but it's very clean. I know that she does some Sunday service, I don't know if it's every week, there's not a lot of activity coming into the home but she does have a deck out back that they go out to when the weather's nice and they sometimes have barbeques out there.
Flory is just a great caregiver and my mom bonded to her pretty quickly and it's very obvious; when Flory walks into a room she just lights up. I feel like Flory's a saint, my mom's so clean, you can just tell they take really good care of her, her color is good, she's eating better, she's looking much better than she has in a long time. We had seen Flory's before and my mom was way too advanced to be there at that time and the room was one in the back but we fell in love with Flory. The room this time was a room out on the front of the house and Flory talked to us and just won us over, it really was Flory, she's just amazing. She also offered 24 hour care, it's expensive but we needed the night care.

Very nice home and people. ...

Very nice home and people. I loved it that the ladies were enjoying a late morning snack on the backyard deck. The common areas are very open and accessible. The place was clean. Bedrooms didn't have half baths and this, for Mom, is a strike against. Bottom of the list but remains on the list.