FirstLight HomeCare - Franklin, TN

FirstLight HomeCare - Franklin, TN has yet not published prices.

Not a good owner!

The caregivers were a 5 and the owner and the administration and there staff is a 3. He was not empathetic to his caregivers needs and I feel like he was just out for the money. Thy were good as long as we used them for an hourly basis. When came to 24 hour care it did not work out.

Great place

This is a great place for my Dad. This place i would recommend for friends and friends families.

High turnover rate. . .lots of different caregivers

Some of the caregivers or staff are friendly enough and some are not at all. It just depends on who they decide to send out. They could have better communication with the family. They also have a high turnover rate.

Make sure they have you dates correct!

Working with FirstLight has been a pleasure so far. Right off the bat there was an incident where the lady didn't get my dates of service right. The day I needed them to start they weren't there. Other than that it's been a good experience. Another thing that I like about this agency is they are willing to start off intermittently. I didn't have to go by minimum requirements to get services started and I really appreciate that aspect of things as I am not ready for full time care.

Working out well!

Things are going very well with FirstLight HomeCare! I'm very pleased with the caregiver they sent. We are entirely satisfied with the service!

They were great

They were great, very responsive, and they met the needs that we had. The lady we worked with (Patricia) really went above and beyond to meet my dads needs. I live out of town and it was very nice having her there to help out. I can't say anything negative about them. Dad was very pleased with the service.

Very Pleased

After my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, she suffered a fall which resulted in a brain bleed. After a very lengthy recovery and therapy, she returned to her home. We were immediately overwhelmed with the amount of care she required. Because we were so overwhelmed, I visited a local nursing home to check out the alternatives. After visiting the nursing home, we determined we were not ready to make that step just yet, and the admissions director of the nursing home HIGHLY recommended First Light. Upon her recommendation, I called First Light Home Care. After an in-home visit, we scheduled sitters several times throughout a week to come and care for my mother so my father could run errands and conduct business, and get a good nights rest. We have been nothing but pleased with our experience. We have had three different sitters a nd they have all been extremely professional, well-trained, compassionate, patient, as well as very easy to work with. I can't say enough good things about the administration and staff. They are always available any time of the day or night- whenever needed. I would highly recommend First Light Home Care for any Senior Care needs.

Thoughtful Care

For the past seven months, First Light Home Care has been helping my father live at home, while he suffers from memory loss. The management team showed great compassion and resourcefulness in negotiating this difficult transition as my father was very resistive. Overall, I have been impressed with their flexibility, their philosophy of care, and the recommendations for how to address my father's situation. Their actions, and not just their words, demonstrate a desire to support the entire family and provide superlative service. For example, The Director of Community Relations took the time to cook a few special dishes for Dad in her own kitchen, and even toured me around memory care settings so a quicker choice would be made if Dad's needs change in the future. Having the same caregiver was very important to my family, since we mostly live out of town. Since First Light has a higher minimum number of hours per visit compared to others, I felt that staff are more likely to remain in their employ. We are happy with the relationship that our caregiver has built with my father, but recognize she is going through a learning curve. However, each person with memory loss is different. Overall the management staff are easy to reach and do respond when issues arise; nevertheless, communicating directly with the caregiver is somewhat limited which is my one key concern with the organization.

At FirstLight HomeCare, the genuine health and well-being of others is our greatest concern. We vow to provide first-class personal service for our clients so that they may enjoy warmth, independence and relaxed comfort in their own home or any setting.

We are staffed by people who have “been there” and who understand the challenges families face when caring for loved ones across town, or across the country. Every FirstLight HomeCare caregiver is a direct employee (not a contractor), state licensed where required, bonded and insured, thoroughly screened (including drug testing) and background-checked, and must pass through our rigorous care training, including complete training in client health data privacy issues.

FirstLight HomeCare provides quality, affordable, non-medical in-home care for seniors, those recovering from surgery and other clients with need for companionship or personal care. We can serve your loved one for several hours a week up to full-time, live-in. We are fully licensed by the state of Tennessee for Personal Support Services.