Brookdale Desert Ridge- Phoenix, AZ

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Simply the Best!

My Mother ([Removed]) has been here for more than 2 years. She is very content and pleased with the staff, cleanliness, and activities. The place is really amazing in that she kinda needs to be entertained and they do that!
She has a dog and he gets treated very good as well. She loves Bingo and the activities provided along with church on the premises.
Brookdale has been a real blessing for our family.
[Removed]

I like that they have lots of live music for the residents. The activities are varied and each month looks to offer many daily choices for people. The staff is very helpful and easy to interact with.

Cindy was great!!

I had spoke to [Removed] about possibly moving my mom into this community and she was excellent to work with. She was very kind and patient with all my questions and made sure to answer them all in detail. They just did not have the availability that I needed at the time for my mother but it was great working with [Removed].

very helpful and truly caring staff. great food. would recommend without any reservation to all.

Not Enough Longevity With Staff

On my tour I saw the community was in the midst of a transition, separating the Assisted Living unit to a separate area. I discovered that the staff didn't have longevity with the community and they didn't measure up to my needs for my mom.

Good so far

We started services with them for my mother and they've been really good.It's been one person and she has been very helpful and friendly. My mom said she has done more than she expected. This was our first time using in-home care it's been a good experience.

My opinion

This community seemed clean when we took our tour. The people there were nice and friendly. This community was just a little larger than what we were looking for.

Can we be Happy?

The vibe I got from the first time I walked in the door was this place is an institution. The community was clean and maintained, but the residents seemed sad and the place gave off a sad vibe. The staff really did not talk much and answered little questions I had. I would not recommend this place. This is not where I would put my loved one.

Great Community

I was at this Community today and very impressed with the happiness of the Staff and how clean this Community looked. It is very well organized and the Managment Staff is excellent. I would highly recomend this Commumity and would move in one of my loved ones.

Brookdale Desert ridge is the cleaniest community I have ever been too, the atmosphere is warm and it feels like home. the staff is friendly and are willing to answer any questions I may have. the residents seems very happy and are always out and about.

this community has done a complete 180 the staff are friendly and informative. they have great attitudes, when you walk through the door it feels like home. the residents are happy and always smiling. Brookdale has great activities and wonderful entertainment. I really recommend this community to anyone and everyone.

a few mix ups with her medicine

Brookdale North Phoenix is nice. There were a few mix ups with her medicine but we've gotten it resolved. It was frustrating because they were not very complex instructions. There was a mix up with the laundry also and the staff member was very rude. I haven't heard anything about that lately from my mom so I am hoping the problem has been resolved. She has some dietary restrictions and they didn't really seem to be accommodating her. They were giving her turkey sandwiches all the time. This week she did say the menu is better. I told her as much as she is paying they need to offer more choices with their menu to account for different dietary needs. The facility is beautiful. I love the director there.

very impressed

The staff at Brookdale North Phoenix is very friendly and attentive. My mother is really happy and comfortable with them.

I do feel that there could be a few more more activities. But other than that everything is going great and I have been very impressed with them.

The staff is very friendly.

My mother-in-law is very happy there. My mother-in-law tells me the food is good. The staff is very friendly. There is a nice camaraderie. The rooms are of a nice size. There is an outside area.

Run Away - Run Fast

They can't keep any employees for any time at all. Very short on staff. Constant employee turn over. Housekeeping is virtually non-existent. Management of medications is very poor. Management is always "in a meeting". Very non-responsive to family reports of problems. Regional and corporate management only seem concerned with the bottom line and resident care is the lowest priority. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.
I could go on, but what's the point.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear about your experiences with our community. Your experience in not a typical one, and we would like to hear more information regarding your loved one’s stay with us. We invite you to contact our Ethics First program at www.emeritus.com/ethics. Ethics First allows you to openly, and anonymously, voice your concerns directly to the Emeritus Leadership team which helps us strengthen our commitment to high quality service to our seniors.

visited this property when ...

visited this property when looking for a place at Christmas - was dirty and short on staff

Needs More Activity Choices

The activites don't seem like the best fit for most elderly people - there are not a lot of choices. It's expensive but the food looks good and everyone is friendly. My father is there - he has mixed emotions about it. He's elderly so you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

This place does not have two bedroom ...

This place does not have two bedroom accomodations. [staff representative] was a wonderful young woman and showed us immense kindness before and after our tour. It just would not fit our criteria for space to live comfortably.

Nice place. Will have to give this a ...

Nice place. Will have to give this a try.