Atria Newell Creek - Mentor, OH

Beautiful Community

I really liked this community it was beautiful inside and outside. I just didn't feel that it would have been the best choice for my dad.The community is a little too large for our taste and I didn't get that personalized feeling I was looking more for a community that gave off a homey feeling. The staff was friendly and nice. I was look

respite stay

We used this community for a week of respite care and it was a positive experience. My only concern was the call button pendant that he wore around his neck for the first couple of days didn't work. So he would push the button and no one would come. He liked the ice cream social that had on one of the floors. In the mornings he enjoyed visiting with his neighbors they would sit in the hallway and visit. The staff was very nice and very caring. The community was clean and well maintained. I would use this respite care service again.

Tour was ok

My tour here was done well by the staff, they showed me all around and answered all my question. My main concern was the turn over of the staffing and after speaking with some of the other resident's family members who were visiting there I felt that this just was not going to be a good fit for my wife.

I would not recommend!!

We are very unhappy with the Brookdale. We initially chose this community and they said they needed to evaluate my loved one. That took over 2 weeks and when they finally got back to me, they just send me a message to tell me they had decided not to take her. They did not even call me. We had chosen them because ethe rooms were bigger than other places and decorated nicer but now that I look back, the staff did not have as much interaction as the place she is at now.

Home for a loved one.

Brookdale is a homie community. The location was not a good fit for us to come and visit. The staff was very nice and friendly and did answer are questions. We liked how the staff was always available. We were happy with the community being so clean. We would recommend families to see this homie community.

Taking Good Care of My Mother and Her Needs

My mother seems to have adjusted well to this community. Everything has worked out pretty well so far. They have a friendly staff, and they are taking good care of her and her needs. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. She is getting involved in the community, and that is nice to see. Overall a has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

just rating the tour only

Lynn was very nice, patient with my mom having to get along slowly because of being in a wheel chair, which we appreciated, but, it would have been so much better if my mom would have seen the rooms first. After roaming the halls to see the cafeteria, library, puzzles, cafe, etc..my mom was exhausted when it finally came time to see the rooms. To me that was the higher on the list thing to see first!
You might want to consider this for next time! Other than that, mom is trying to get accustomed to her surroundings and seems to be enjoying meeting new friends.

Respite Stay

I have found that this particular facility is understaffed and unable to provide services for my loved one that we arranged.

Seemed very nice!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Emeritus at Newell Creek is a brand new, very nice looking community. The staff I met all seemed friendly and professional, as well. We ended up choosing another community that we thought fit our care needs better, but Emeritus is definitely worth a look!

We are really pleased.

We are really pleased. We are really happy with Emeritus.

I didn't like that the rooms were just one big room.

This didn't really work for us. It wasn't as cheery and bright as another community we were considering. I didn't like that the rooms were just one big room. I wanted something with a separate living area from the sleeping area.

Located just northeast of Cleveland on a campus with beautiful gardens and breathtaking oaks, Atria Newell Creek is a senior living community designed for those looking for the simple life, along with discreet, round-the-clock professional support. In addition to independent and assisted living services, Atria Newell Creek offers Life Guidance® memory care for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Each day welcomes new opportunities for fitness, fun, creativity and connection. And because Atria Newell Creek takes care of the cooking, cleaning and home maintenance, residents have more time to pursue their passions – and discover new ones.

Every day is a chance to make new memories. Residents can enjoy a conversation with neighbors over a chef-prepared breakfast. Meet up in the grand parlor for a piano sing-along. Or, if they’re in the mood, they can even have an adventure with friends at Mentor Lagoons Nature Preserve and Marina.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them to keep making a positive difference in our world.