Brookdale Mentor - Mentor, OH has yet not published prices.

This would be an ideal situation for someone who is in need of assisted living and who can afford it. Staff was extremely helpful, understanding, and although we realized that I am not yet ready to need a facility such as this, they were very helpful answering all of my questions. I would highly recommend this facility.

Great Place

Our loved one lives in the memory care and we are so happy with the care, associates, food, activities and management. Our loved one enjoys many wonderful activities as well as care and as normal a life as possible considering all that the dementia has taken away.

for mobility patients only

I would NOT recommend this location for Alzheimer's patients who are considered 'high functioning'. We thought this would be a place for Mom with her dementia/Alzheimer's, but once the need for memory care became apparent, we were then educated on the nuances of memory care---she was too 'high functioning' for their unit and we had to move her to another location---only 2 months after the initial move!

Has all the key elements essential for providing my mom critical care, engaged residents, and safe environment.

A good place for mom

Our mom lives in the memory care unit at Brookdale Mentor and we visit a few times daily. We are pleased with her care and the staff who care for her. I feel good knowing mom is safe, happy and well cared for.

Great Community, Location Didn't Work for Our Families

This is a top notch community, and my tour of it went very well. The only down side for us was the location. However my tour was a good one. The community looked nice. The staff was kind, and cordial. My questions were answered. Unfortunately it didn't fit all of our needs, but it was top of the list.

A tour

This community consists of two stories and I did not think this would work for my loved one. The community was nice and the person that took us on tour was nice. The community is set up in a very inclusive manner with several wonderful activities. All the residents that we encountered appeared happy and well cared for.

Great Community

I am so happy my mom is living at Brookdale Mentor. The community and all of the staff are wonderful to work with, any problems or concerns are quickly addressed and communication is good.

nice clean many activities,

Excellent Care

They took very good care of my mom while she lived there. If anything did arise that needed their attention they handled it immediately. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this to facility to anyone who might need it.

We love it here!

I absolutely fell in love with this place from the first time I walked in. The staff is super nice and very helpful. They all really just go over and beyond the call for me and him. I can not think of not one thing that I have to say bad about them at all.

Very happy with the care he has been receiving. Rough start but each day much better. A very caring facility with staff that really cares.

Comfort For Mom!!

I would recommend the Brookdale Mentor because of it's been a great place for my mother. The place is kept clean and is very well maintained. The maintenance guy is awesome, he always fixes my mother's TV. The meals are great, they have 5 different menus that change throughout the week if they don't like what's on the menu they can request something different. They also have a freezer with ice cream and popsicles that the residents can snack on whenever. They have decaf coffee, regular coffee, and tea. The chef makes fresh cookies and muffins daily. The dining room is like a restaurant, a staff member comes out with a tablet and takes your order.

Brookdale Mentor is a clean well maintained community!!

The staff are friendly, helpful and answer our questions. Mom does not care for the food. They offer daily activities, however she is not yet participating in them as she is still adjusting to living there. I would recommend this community.

A Peace Of Mind

My mother is having some health issues but overall we are pleased with this community. The staff is lovely here, they are very attentive. The community for the most part is well-kept. There are great activities offered, she is really getting involved in the community. She is pleased with the food. They have really provided me with a peace of mind, knowing she being cared for well. This is a community I would recommend.

Brookdale Mentor dementia care

Well organized activities, caring people, I would want to live there

Change has come for the good

They have recently had some management changes, and I can tell you it is for the better! There is a new Executive Director and Head of Nursing who have both been very good at listening to our concerns and getting things rectified quickly. If we ever thought about moving our mom out previously, we have fully changed our minds now.

Lots of activities and the staff is fantastic. While I don't think anyone or place will ever be perfect all the time, Brookdale is earning my faith back.

Not pleased at all

Terribly disorganized from corporate to local branch. Local branch understaffed. Poor care. Billing department extremely disorganized. Moved my loved one out after 5 months.
Would not recommend.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your experience. We have passed along your feedback to our regional operations team for review.

Communication Needs Improvement

They can improve on communication. They do very well at making their presentation, but they could improve on efficiency. My loved one has passed and the director has not even returned my calls, even to get the bill straightened out, so I am not real thrilled with that. The hospice was good though.

Good care, administration can be difficult to work with

Overall I would say our experience with Brookdale Mentor has been a good one, in terms of the facility and the services they provide. The aide staff is friendly and they take good care of the residents, and the facility itself is well kept and clean.
However, I think the administrative staff has been difficult to deal with. We've had a lot of billing issues (being charged for incorrect services, and being charged the wrong amount for other services), and it can be very difficult to get in touch with anyone.

This is one of the worst places in the world. My mom is in the memory care unit and I believe it is dangerous there. The residents are not helped, watched or taken care of. They sit in front of the tv most days and nights. Please do not go here,,,,,she has not had glasses on for four of my visits in two weeks, has left the facility without underwear and her room is filthy.

Since brook dale has taken over this facility ---it is dirty. All of the staff from the director to many of the caregivers have left. There has been no director in months. There is no one to talk to with concerns or complaints. Even many of the occupants have gone. Only 68 people in the whole building. The beloved Stephanie referred to on this site is now gone.

The only reason I didn't give a 5th star is the price. This was an amazing facility. Steffanie was so nice. This is our second choice should things change for my mom and her finances.

Stephanie is very helpful. The facility is clean. People seem helpful.

Good place, comfortable, great staff!

My loved one currently resides in this community and likes it very much. Staff is outstanding, friendly, and treats him very respectfully. He is comfortable there. As a family member I find that the cleanliness of his room could be better and he needs to be a bit cleaner himself. A few items have gone missing but were replaced and appropriately addressed by administration.
The common areas are clean and very homey, but sometimes crowded during activities. It was sad that they remodeled the beautiful library, but I can see why as it was not used. Now it is a physical therapy room, but that doesn't seem to be used much either.
It is expensive, but the cost is in line with other similar assisted living communities.

Excellent Staff

The staff is excellent. Very friendly and helpful. Good food. A lot of different activities. We were impressed that they treated my Grandfather like the most important person in the world. He was never a number. Rooms were a bit small, but that didn't matter when you have good care. This facility has a good reputation. We had a great experience with everyone from the cleaning staff to the Directors who we actually saw caring for the residents. You can tell that people there care about their patients and like their job. Also, it smells good. Like you are in a nice hotel.

Great place

I was very impressed with Emeritus. My brother only lived there for a short time before he moved, but everything was great while he was there. The staff was very attentive and friendly. From 600 miles away, I was able to get him into Emeritus in a matter of two days with the assistance of the staff. This was a great comfort to me and took a lot of weight off of my shoulders. They provide a variety of great activities to keep residents engaged: parties, church services, readings, etc. The only issues I had personally with it were the cost and the distance -- I could not afford to pay so much for my brother to be so far away from me. If it had been closer, it would have truly been perfect!

Outstanding

We adore the staff at Emeritus. From our initial visit, we were impressed. Clean - smells clean. Lots of activities and things to do. Very good food. Mom is happy and well cared for. The best in town!

Nice..Staff I met very nice...

Nice..Staff I met very nice. For my mom, I didn't care for the common area in the front of building. Studio's were smaller than I expected.

Nice facility. Seemed very caring and...

Nice facility. Seemed very caring and homey.

Lobby / living room seemed too crowd...

Lobby / living room seemed too crowded. But maybe seniors like all the activity? Nice place and people.

Beautiful facility. We were very impr...

Beautiful facility. We were very impressed.

This was a very nice facility and the...

This was a very nice facility and the staff was very sweet and full of information. It was very clean and they had all sorts of things going on. Even the people in the facility were very nice.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.