Brookdale Madison North - Madison, WI

We are a 62 Apartment Assisted Living Community nestled away on the Norhtside of Madison, WI in the Cherokee Marsh Neighborhood. Where you get the life of the city in the atmosphere of the country. Here at Legacy Gardens we listen closely to our Reisdents and their families. With their guidance and input , we have developed a very caring and responsive assisted living community. We offer a wide variety of interesting activities and event 's everyday. Our caregivers are chosen for their warmth & dedication, and have recieved the training they need to provide a very high standard of care. Our Registered Nurse is here full time and has over 10 years of experience, which ensures that your loved one's health care needs are in good hands.

We offer a variety of styles in private apartments. They range from 250 sq feet to 650 sq ft. Suites to one Bedrooms. Each comes with it own special look that makes it unique.

We provide a variety of care levels to meet the needs of your loved one. We do assesments free of charge to find out what it is that's unique about them. Then we create the plan to provide the care needed.

We also provide Repsite care for trial stays, break for the care giver, or scheduled vacations for the family. The first 5 days are free!!!!

We are dedicated to top quality care for a reasonable price!

Very good but too expensive. Beyond our means.

Very Pleased with This Community

We are very pleased with my mothers move to this community. Everything is working out very well. I do feel very satisfied with her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands. They have a very good staff, and everyone we have worked with has been delightful. They provide good meals, and have nice activities available for the residents. The community, and her room are well-kept when I come to visit. We are very satisfied with all they have done for us, and I would recommend this community.

Not the best experience...

My mother is doing okay with the transition, she has not been happy with a couple of things like the fact that they did not get her diet right for a week. Also, the activities that she was interested in don't happen. The residents don't gather for them and it has not a very welcoming experience. My sister has complained about them not cleaning her room like they indicate in the beginning. They did follow up and get her physical therapy, otherwise, the nursing care and therapy have been fine but the management and 2nd shift are not the best.

A lot of changes!

This community has recently gone through a major change in staffing. Just about all of the management has been changed. We did hear some complaints about the night staff not being as nice as the day staff. We had to call to get some things cleaned in the apartment. The food is still good. You do not hear back from the person you requested to speak with. We are hoping this is a temporary change as the communication between the staff as well as with the families is not there.

Wonderful Place!

My mother in law was so excited about moving in here. She had made friends here and they ate together at breakfast. She said that she was comfortable about being here. The staff was great and very helpful. The only thing that got me was that they were not upfront about the prices.

Good Care

This community is very nice. The staff takes good care of everyone. The carpet needs to be replaced, but over all clean. The activities are great. I would recommend this community for other families.

Worth looking at!!

This is a nice community and the staff I met during the tour were friendly. The community seemed clean and they offer a variety of activities. This community was just a little to far away for us.

Happy Aunt!!

I feel that my aunt is receiving great care. I would recommend Brookdale Madison North to friends and family. They maintain the place very clean and fixed. I also feel that my aunt is safe and the staff looks after her. The meals are okay my aunt feels like she receives too many sandwiches a wide variety of choices would be nice.

extremely friendly and helpful

At Emeritus at Legacy Gardens everybody is extremely friendly and helpful. They really need more of an activities program here. Other than that I am pretty pleased with everything at this facility.

Everyone is very nice. Nurse is wonderful! Has a nurse on AM and PM which is wonderful.

A Place for Mom at Legacy Gardens

We knew we had to do something for our mom who seemed to be forgetting many things including her medications and her meals.
My sister called A Place for Mom and of course she handed me the phone. I talked to a wonderful, caring lady who helped us through a lot of difficult choices. She sent me a list of places in the area we were interested in and we started the process of touring each. We narrowed it down to three and so one day I took my mom so she could look them over. The first one she seemed fine there and talked to the people. On our way to the second place she told me she didn't want to live at the first. OK, so the next one we walked in (Legacy Gardens) and they all greeted me from the one time I was there. They were so good with mom and she just loved all the attention. We toured the place and found an apartment that would work for her. All I heard is that it was close to her church and she could just walk (ahh No). She was so familiar with this area it seemed to click for her. We went back two more times and she would hug the employees when she walked in. This is the place, I know it. Yes, the expense seems costly but we have peace of mind that she is getting cared for. She gets 3 meals a day, laundry done for her, clean apartment once a week, have an exercise class, cards, puzzles, take them shopping, to appointments if needed when family can't. The staff is so friendly and helpful and actually the meals are good (I ate lunch one day with her). Now all we need is someone to help when she pushes all the wrong buttons on her remote or TV! Not funny but we do have a good laugh over this many times. We did pick the right place and we all believe she is enjoying living there.

Review of Emeritus at Legacy Gardens

When selecting an assisted living facility for my father, I evaluated 16 providers, narrowed the list to three that my father visited. My father selected Legacy. When asked why, he said that this facility had the finest room, and the most friendly and caring staff. The decision was easy. As for me, I see a staff that treats my father like family and treats me as the customer. They are professional, friendly and act with integrity. I could not be happier know my father is well taken care of.

Review of Emeritus at Legacy Gardens

The staff always is respectful, cheerful, and kind to the residents, day or night. Unfortunately the high turnover of senior admin staff causes us some concern. However, that has not affected the quality of care.

100% Positive. They are a five star and then some!!

Everything I have to say is, 100% positive. They are a five star and then some. My dad picked this one because the suite is the largest, and the way the room is set up in quarters, so there is plenty of room and each area is equally as big. It was far and away the best space with a competitive price. I have eaten lunch with him there, the salads are fresh and crisp, and the hot food is served hot, and the cold food is cold, and they are the cheeriest people serving them, that you have ever seen. They had one little incident, which they were so embarrassed about, we needed nurse coverage, and somehow they dropped the ball between the site and the district. It was the overall district that dropped the ball, not the community, something between the hand off between corporate, and the community. Emeritus at Legacy gardens are great people. Every time he goes to the hospital, the director goes and visits like he is family. They have a motto about creating another family for the residents, and they really do. When he came home from the hospital they were there to greet him. They are the right balance between we gotta be tough and do the right thing, and being loving, and caring, at the same time. I think they are a best kept secret, it's a little off the beaten trail, but if your loved ones are with it, and can manage the metro bus system, they can go on an accessible bus anywhere metro services, for three dollars and change, and have someone ride with them for free. Legacy will even load him on the bus, but they aren't staffed to ride with him.

Seemed understaffed

My loved one lived here before we moved her elsewhere, and they always seemed a bit understaffed to me. It wasn't a bad place, but she wasn't getting the attention I'd like. When we visited it seemed like much of the time they had just parked her in front of a TV or a window for hours.

Emeritus Senior Living

We are sorry you had concerns regarding the level of care your loved one was receiving. At Legacy Gardens, we take great care to communicate with our residents and their families constantly to ensure that we are fulfilling our promise of high quality senior care at every possible level, including daily activities.

We are pleased to announce that we have recently had the pleasure of welcoming a new Life Enrichment Director to our family, and each day is full of new and exciting activities for our residents. We would like to invite you and your loved one to come meet our new Life Enrichment Director, and see firsthand our commitment to passionately serving our residents.

If you have any further concerns regarding the care your loved one received while in our residence, we encourage you to contact our the community. Any of the staff are always available to hear your concerns. If you would rather provide feedback anonymously, please contact Ethics First at [removed] Ethics First allows you to openly and confidentially share your concerns directly with the Emeritus Leadership Team, which ultimately allows us to strengthen and grow as a Senior Living provider. We appreciate your feedback and support in our ongoing efforts to improve our quality of care.

Excellent, Nothing else to say at thi...

Excellent, Nothing else to say at this point.

I toured and took my mother there the...

I toured and took my mother there the next day to look at the one bedroom on the first floor that was available. The director was engaged with the residents and staff. The room itself has an odd wall between the living room and bedroom, but nice windows that look out on the wooded property. My main concern was with cleanliness. During my first tour we passed an open door to a unit and it reeked of urine. Upstairs I thought there was a hint of that as well. On the second visit, looking at the one bedroom, the toilet didn't look all that clean and it looked like dirt or mold between the toilet and the tub. I like that it is within walking distance from my house, but am undecided.