Fishers Landing Assisted Living - Vancouver, WA

This one was what I would consider your typical assigned living facility. The rooms were spacious a d the staff was friendly, but nothing stood out as saying this is the place. In fact, I left feeling it wasn't.
I was put off by the fact that the stairs needed to be vacuumed. This was a scheduled tour so I excpected things to feel cleaner.

Mom loves it here

Mom has greatly improved since moving into this community. The staff have been encouraging, friendly, kind and supportive. They know how to work with memory care residents. The food is good and they offer healthy choices. They have food available all day. The community is clean and the grounds are well maintained. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Still Getting Use to the Community

Everything is fine for my mom. In the morning I see that her bed is always open, when the girls get her up they could pull the quilt back up. A few times she felt that it too a while for them to get back to her. The meals are okay, some are good and there are a few not good meals. However, they got a new chef so I have not heard any feedback yet.

Mom is happy

My mom really likes it a lot. The place is very clean and the rooms are very nice. The workers there are very friendly.
I am not super impressed with the activities so far. And we are having minor issues getting my mom's cable TV to work.
The food is fine. Overall, my mom is very happy.

Very Happy

Everything is going very well, we are pleased with all they have done for us. My mother in law is doing well here, she seems to like it. Everything about this community to great. They have been very responsive to our concerns. We are very satisfied and learning every step of the way.

They seem to be creative, and I like that.

They seem to be creative, and I like that. It's a friendly small place. It's peaceful. The food isn't bad, but they had some trouble getting it out on time. They are working on a solution to that, and seem to have a plan in place. Overall that has been our only issue, so it's been pretty good.

Nice people

The staff is very friendly and my mom loves them however, they got a new food service and my mom said the food is not very good and the service is very slow and they have to wait to get their food. Her rent is never the same, they change it from one month to another which I don't understand.
Once you move in the management forgets you but the regular staff are great.

I like Brookdale, clean lots of activities, Jessica made me want to move in!

Very caring and involved staff

Brookdale Fisher's Landing is a great place, everybody seems to be very caring and seem to want and take an interest and they still seem very involved in my mothers care. They are also very good at keeping me informed and involved and up to date on the status of my mothers health.

Food service and maintenance are the two main issues.

I've been told by several people that the food is so-so, but the service is just really slow. Breakfast is the worst, and while it doesn't happen everyday, my loved one has waited 45 minutes before. I think they are just a little understaffed. The variety is also lacking a little. Maintenance could be a little more on top of it as well.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback with our management team.

Good care assistants, not so great management.

Love most of the med techs and assistants that do the daily care. However, management leaves a little to be desired. Several unanswered emails, lack of followup on referrals and twice I've been late getting my elderly mother to appts on time because even though I've called directly to have them remind my mother to be ready in the morning (my mother is very hard of hearing and difficult to get my point across to over the phone), they have neglected to follow through. I guess my biggest concern is management was VERY responsive when in 'selling' mode, but came to an abrupt halt once the apartment was rented. And since I'm spending a good deal of my own money over and above my own mortgage to make sure my mother is taken care of while I'm at work, etc., it's a little disheartening. But, as long as her direct card doesn't suffer I will stay with them for a while longer.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss them in greater detail.

Keeping on top of the costs

Everyone at Emeritus is so nice. My only problem was that they were charging my mom for care she wasn't receiving. We got it pretty well cleared up except I think $1300 just for care when all they do is shower her twice a week and give her meds is pretty steep. I think they will agree it is about $900 too high. My mom fractured fractured her shoulder so there have been things that she couldn't do for herself that she normally can do. However,she is much better now, but unless I say something, they won't re-evaluate her. What happens to seniors that don't have anyone looking out for them?

There is something quite magical

about a place called home

New Beginnings

New Friendships

New Memories

Welcome to Fisher’s Landing Senior Living located in Vancouver, WA. Wonderful opportunities abound for the lifestyle of your choice at Fisher’s Landing Senior Living with close amenities such as shopping, parks, and other services.

Fisher’s Landing Senior Living is an ideal choice for those looking for an option to live independently with the security of staff 24-hours a day if needed. Fisher’s Landing offers very large, spacious, private apartments on a month-to-month basis with large accessible bathrooms. Each apartment has a kitchenette, an emergency pull cord system, and individual climate control.

The building has a long list of amenities such as an elegant dining room filled with conversation at meal times, activity rooms with several activities scheduled per day, a full service salon, and a large, welcoming front lobby. The trained staff remains on-site 24 hours per day and is available to help with a variety of care if needed.

Fisher’s Landing Senior Living honors the independence of the residents and encourages each resident to remain as independent as possible, while offering assistance if desired.

Please call for any additional information or to have an information packet delivered to you. Drop by if you are in the neighborhood, you will feel the difference the moment you walk through our doors!