Assisted Living at Summerplace - Portland, OR

Summerplace Assisted Living is a home-like community located in Northeast Portland near Halsey Ave and 148th. We have 102 studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, of which 16 studio apartments are located in our award-winning Expressions Memory Care. We are conveniently located off Interstate-84 in northeast Portland near the Glendoveer Gold Course, shopping, public transportation, medical clinics and two hospitals.

The services we offer are respite care, assisted living, palliative and hospice care. We also have a full-time personal trainer available to work 1:1 with residents to reduce falls, and build strength, balance and stamina.

We have 6 levels of care - no "packages" - but customized care plans to assist our residents with the care they need.

We offer KP Cares and Housecall Providers to provide in-home medical care and professional oversight.

Our personal care staff is on-site, 24/7, and we coordinate with local providers to bring specialized services to you, such as PT/OT, foot care, dental hygiene and home health care.

Staff and management know every resident.

Small pets are welcome.

Crappy place

Don't bring your loved ones here. Caregivers are not trained properly, they have such a high turnover, caregivers [Removed] from residents. The menu is always the same. A few okay wait staff but mainly foreigners who just want to serve fast instead of delivering proper attention to the residents. Their juice and milk sits out for hours. No ones does anything about concerns. Management is barely ever there. They treat the residents like babies and have them do children projects. They are out for money. Not care.

Not a good place

Poorly staffed. Extremely high turn-over of management staff and caregivers. This place looks nice but once inside, you see the truth, long waiting for help, short staffed.

Strongly recommend Summerplace Assisted Living Center:

When I contacted the staff at Summer Place,, I had less than a week to find a suitable living situation for my 93- year old mother who was about be discharged from a post-surgical care facility in Bend. With no clue and no family to assist me, I was in over my head and nearly despondent.
My request for a tour of Summer Place was answered immediately and I found: not the medieval environment I remembered from my youth, but a home that my mother would be proud of.
This facility is extraordinarily clean and organized, with up-to-date knowledge of the social, physical, emotional, and medical needs of the residents in its care. The respect and rapport between administration and staff is also apparent.
Grace Hall, the executive administrator, knows the name and status of every resident. She is gracious and takes a personal interest in providing the finest care possible. She and Nancy Silliman, the head RN, were sympathetic to my confusion and reached out to put me at ease. They didn't hesitate to take all the time necessary to ensure that I was comfortable with the life changes my mother was about to face.
When problems arose that threatened her placement or well-being, they were quick to inform me of them and to get them resolved.
For the length of time that she was there, my mother was comfortable and satisfied that she was being well cared-for. A fiercely independent woman who I thought would never accept having to leave her home, she was content, and told me repeatedly that she was in very good hands.
The interior and the grounds are beautiful and set in a quiet, out-of-the-way neighborhood.
If you have need of assisted living, please visit Summer Place Assisted Living. I'm sure that you'll be glad you did.

a fine community

It was a fine community and I don’t have anything unpleasant to say about it.

Wonderful Staff!!

It's a wonderful place! We just love it! We only looked at a couple places, and we just fell in love right away. The administrative staff (Grace, specifically) is just wonderful, and always in touch. She's out there among the residents and always ready to talk if anything comes up! The nurse, Norma, is very involved with the patients and their families. The caregivers are all nice and patient. The only downside is that the bus only accomodates 2-3 wheelchairs, so that makes it tough for going out. Also, all doctors appointments have to be on Mondays or Tuesdays, which can be difficult sometimes. Overall though, she gets very good care here and we are so happy.

Assisted Living

Summerplace was okay but it was geared more towards assisted living than what my mother needed and it was a lot more money because it was assisted living.

We Loved It

My husband is not at Summerplace because the didn't have any openings at the time. My daughter and I spent an hour with Grace there. They didn't have openings at that time so he was put on the waiting list. My daughter and I both loved it. We were hoping that we could put him there. The atmosphere was friendly and I've heard others have been there too. My neighbor's father was there and he had good care.

Top Notch

Assisted Living at Summerplace is a great place. It is everything we thought it would be and more. They are just a top notch community. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a community for their loved one.

Staff is Wonderful

It's great. My mom have been there for a week and it was hard for her at first but it's good. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. So far, the care is very good. It's kind of difficult to rate the value just yet.

We chose it because they had a patio unti that was available and a lot of places don't have patios and my mom really enjoys it with all her potted plants and things. Also, looking at the overall condition of the place - they've gotten an award 2 years back to back!