Brookdale Farmers Branch - Farmers Branch, TX

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

My mom has been there since May 2017.So 9 months in and $34k later.I am extremely dissappointed that they have no activity director since day 1 in memory care.I dont even think Assisted Living side does.Bored silly it is hearbreaking!!They sell you on the Claire Bridge Program when it is all talk no action.Please trust my word that it makes my skin crawl that I am going to have to move my mom out do to increasing rent and they do not commit to even half the stuff they offer and management changes hands like a roll of toilet paper.And the billing wow the worst.I have read all the reviews and every one of them were point on.The activity thing just makes me so mad.They need interaction they need stimulation.And the aides they are either on their phones or doing their homework while the residents stare at the tv at 6 pm at night or they are in bed.Ridiculous!

This is a very nice community. It is small and seems like a very comfortable environment. Very friendly staff. Rooms look comfy. Nice dining room. I like the fact that everyone knows each other like a big family.

Needs improvement

I have a dear friend in the memory department. At first. It was a good place. Now after going thru so many staff changes , not so much.
When I go visit him, there maybe 1 staff member on that side. The room smells horrible and most of the patients smell the same way.
Over all it needs improvement. A better friendly staff, a staff that comes to work to care not for punching the time clock

Not the right impression

Brookdale Farmers Branch did not leave me with a good impression when I was considering the community for a place for my loved one to live. One of the two men was very nice and friendly. The other one made some inappropriate comments that did not sit well with me. It was a difficult time for my loved one and myself because we had just lost a member of our family. I did not feel I would feel comfortable communicating with all of the staff at the community if there were any concerns or issues.

Did Not Provide The Level Of Care Needed

The staff was very nice and helpful here. They told us right up front after describing the level of care that my husband needed that they were not equipped to handle him. I appreciated that they were up front and honest with me. The community itself was nice it seemed clean and a friendly atmosphere.

It was nice and clean, but it seamed big. no receptionist at front to greet and monitor the front area. might have been the 12:00 appointment time.

A good tour..

I toured Brookdale Farmers Branch, and everyone there was nice and welcoming. They took me around the facility and it appeared to be clean. It was a nice place, but not the best for for my mother.

Getting a View of The Community

After touring the community, I liked what I saw. It is a good place for a resident. I considered it as an option for my dad. The representative was thoughtful and caring. The center courtyard was well maintained and very pretty.

Delighted to Have My Dad Here

The tour went very well and I decided to pick this community for my dad. He is doing really good with the help of the community.

My Father's Care

This is a nice community. We are happy with the staff and they are great. He was not always happy with the food. They did offer him alot of nice activities . We would recommend this community for the great care and value offered there.

Ok for the money

My mother was here for about 15 months. During that time there were 3 Executive Directors. All of them were nice, but there was no continuity. They also promised a few things going in that they had absolutely no intention of doing. It all worked out pretty well, but could have been terrible. I will say the caretakers she had were fantastic and most of them seemed to genuinely care about her. The food is very lacking at dinner but fine during the day. If your LO is a big eater, this will be a problem.

too small not the right pla...

too small not the right place. Seems old and not enough amenities.

long carpeted hallway with ...

long carpeted hallway with interactive items on walls; each person's biog at door; small courtyd for mem care, but larger one to go as group (pond, birds, gazebo).wire shelves.

Very nice place

Love place. Comfortable, friendly, good food.

Feel very good about this one.

Feel very good about this one.

I don't like the physical l...

I don't like the physical location of this facility and did not think it was as secure as some of the others that I visited.

Competitive Prices and Curb Appeal

We chose the Emeritus because of its competitive prices and its really nice curb appeal. They could use a bigger variety of activities but overall it has been a good experience. We are very pleased with our choice and would recommend it to anyone

Might start as low as $1400/month, bu...

Might start as low as $1400/month, but could be $1,000/month additional for services. Elizabeth is great. $1500 community fee ($1,000 this month); 45 residents; probably additional $1,000-$1300 from what i told her about mom. At this rate, she may get a room mate someday, because it actually is a friendship suite.

wt limit of 25 but will make exceptio...

wt limit of 25 but will make exception. can help us w/loan till va kicks in.

I haave spoken with the director and ...

I haave spoken with the director and she even came by and left a cute Holloween gift. She said that for what we are looking for "Friends Place" is highly recommended. Will look into this as well.

Will be evaluated by a nurse to deter...

Will be evaluated by a nurse to determine level of care needed. Takes about 45 minutes for evaluation, plus additional 3-4 hours to receive final assessment of cost. Base cost for 337sf "flat" is $2525.

I liked the size, the people and the ...

I liked the size, the people and the cost. some very bad reviews about not enough staff to observe and care for the patients/seniors. Physical therapy room was almost non-existent.