Brookdale East Boynton Beach - Boynton Beach, FL

Review of Grand Villa of Boynton Beach - Boynton Beach, FL

Don’t go here until they finish renovations. Right now its just depressing. Old hotel. Windows don’t open. Sales person is new to the job and gave us some misinformation

Disappointing Atmosphere for Anyone

Be careful before placing a family member in this facility. After only a few short months, we had to get dad out quickly. Most of the staff are friendly, but the services they provide are non-existent once family leaves. Poor quality food, and cookies and snacks are never available. They make about a dozen cookies for the whole complex, and then when dad would inquire to get some, he would always be told they are gone. We were promised so many social activities, but those never panned out. They consider an activity "5:00 News in the lobby". Renovations to the facility are always promised to residents and family, but they never happen. What a shame. No social games or arts/crafts, or mentally stimulating activities. We discussed our concerns so many times with the director (Crystal), who never took care of anything. You are to constantly call or come in to get her, as she never returns calls or is always conveniently "unavailable". For the money paid for care and activities, please don't be mislead. It cost us so much money to move dad, but he is much happier in his new place. Do your homework, get everything in writing, and speak to the many residents that are unhappy before you commit your loved one to this facility.

Not recommended

Investigate further before signing any contracts, get everything in writing, interview the staff members. My loved one says it’s the worst food she’s ever had. There is plenty of parking though. The staff is not friendly.

A good community but stuck in a rut.

They could step it up a little for the money we pay. We have been there over a month and they just got her t.v hooked up, and it's still not working right. The activities coordinator that runs it is very nice, but there isn't a lot of variety, it's the same thing all the time. The food would get a one, it's not good, people are leaving over the food. Homewood recently bought them out. They are hoping this will make things get updated. It doesn't have to be sparkling chandeliers and sparkle floors, but it could be updated. We liked that she can keep her pets, and the room is much larger than the others in the area. I do like that it's a month to month lease, they do have a lot of good points which is why we picked it. She likes the girls that come in and all the people.

Good care, not a great social setting

The care they provide here is good, but it unfortunately it has not been all that we were expecting. It's a nice enough looking facility, they keep it looking well kept and clean. The staff are all friendly enough, and as I said the care they provide is good. However, after moving my loved one in we discovered that a large portion of the residents are much farther along in their care needs than my loved one, and she is finding the social options very limited. They also really need to work on their food, it is not good at all.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry your experience with us at Boynton Village isn’t meeting your expectations. Since we offer various levels of care for our residents, including both Retirement Living and Assisted Living, we do have residents at many different levels of care. With this in mind, our Life Enrichment Director works diligently to provide a busy social calendar for residents of all ability levels. We understand the important of tasty, nutritious food for our residents, and invite you to speak directly with our Dining Service Director to address the concerns you have regarding the food.

This is an older property b...

This is an older property but it looked clean. The baseboards had some wear but were not dirty. I liked the community areas and the residents were more upbeat and many said hello and looked friendly. The room had a kitchenette with a sink which my Mom would like. I am trying to set up lunch there with my Mom.

Good Experience

Just about my brother, I would say it's a 4. He is getting good care, They really like him, he seems happier, but I think that he is one of the few people who communicates with the staff. Some sit in their wheelchair with winter coats and hats on, and to me it seems a little warm. They do activities, but my brother doesn't participate. He complains about the food. The room is very nice though, I arranged it all. What you have in your room depends on what you need; I didn't want him to have a stove. It is a large room with a bedroom and shelving above the refrigerator. For him, it is good. Some look like they don't have family around and it doesn't seem to be as good.

Not Right For Us

It just wasn't right for my parents. It was an older facility and it was far away too. It just wasn't for them.

This facility is a good value. The st...

This facility is a good value. The staff is very courteous. Tried lunch and the food was good. Building is a bit older but well-maintained.

Welcome to the new Grand Villa of Boynton Beach! Our lovely assisted living community in Boynton Beach, Florida, is a resort style community with fabulous features and amenities. Located just five minutes from the beach, Grand Villa is designed to help residents enjoy life to the fullest.

Grand Villa offers lifestyle options that include: Assisted Living, Personal Care, Respite Care and Senior Day Program. The different levels of care mean you only pay for the services you require and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!

Grand Villa’s friendly environment encourages residents to relax and enjoy life. Our full-time Activities Coordinator plans activities, parties, classes, lectures and excursions that are entertaining and engaging. Daily options include a variety of exercise classes and activities to promote flexibility and encourage independence.