Emerald Pointe Senior Living Community - Keizer, OR

very helpful

They have been very helpful in so many ways. They are there to help find doctors any time there is specific care that is needed. They are very genuinely warm and caring people at Emerald Pointe Senior Living Community.

It's very good, I've been very pleased.

It's very good, I've been very pleased. There are a few little things that I don't like. The noise level is a little higher than I would like, and I am a little further from the elevator than I would have hoped. On occasion I have been unhappy with how clean it's kept. They do a good job with my bed and the kitchen floor, but they didn't clean my bathroom today. I haven't complained about it, but it's an important part of cleaning. The common areas are kept pretty good, and there are no odors or anything like that. The food is okay, but I'm tired of chicken, they serve a lot of chicken, a little more variety in the menu would be nice.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Emerald Pointe so far has been a good one! They do a great job of making you feel welcome and appreciated. They try and accommodate you and treat you as part of the community, unlike some of the bigger chains that just treat you like a number. We also like that they only charge you for one meal here, as some of the places we looked at charged for 3 meals and we knew that our loved one wouldn't go to all 3 meals.

Too Fancy

Emerald Pointe was beautiful but it weans't very welcoming. It was a little to fancy for what we were looking for. The people that showed us around were great. They answered my questions.

Cari Buchholz

I'm sorry you didn't feel welcomed. As the owner of Emerald Pointe, and with my mother living at Emerald Pointe, I take your reviews and comments very seriously and I will be having a sincere conversation with our staff about their warmness and welcoming attitude. If you could email me at [removed] with more details about your visit, I would greatly appreciate it.

Met with sales director. Received tou...

Met with sales director. Received tour. saw some studios, nice layouts. What was impressive was the full kitchens vs the small kitchenetts of the other places. Also noted that there may be financial assistance (or discount) for Mom, depending on income. Not all meals are included - 30 a month. Newest facility I have seen and shows.

VISITED..... IMPRESSIVE

VISITED..... IMPRESSIVE

This was a lovely facility and we enj...

This was a lovely facility and we enjoyed our visit immensely. We had lunch in their in their beautiful dining room and their grounds were beautiful.

Really nice place. Two years old. Lar...

Really nice place. Two years old. Large kitchen and nice shower/bathroom area. Secure. Had lunch. Food was good to excellent. Affordable. Sheets and towels done weekly and cleaning done weekly. Other arrangments can be made for regular laundry. Really nice facility. Had a good feel about it.

both parents liked it

both parents liked it

Seems to fit our needs. only 1 meal ...

Seems to fit our needs. only 1 meal a day and the price is the best of all communties

Cari Buchholz

Thank you for your review.

At Emerald Pointe we have made a conscious decision to include one meal per day in our basic rent, but to also have all three meals available for our residents and their guests. In our 25+ years of serving Oregon's honored seniors we have found that residents do not like paying for meals they do not want to eat. Our competitors charge residents for three meals per day, whether they eat them or not. We have found that including one meal per day in our base rent strikes a good balance between resident's desires for value and their family's concern that their parent(s) eat at least one good meal per day.

In addition, our apartment homes include a full kitchen so those who want to cook for themselves have a stove/oven, full sized refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher; the tools they need to live more independently and cook for themselves if they choose.

Emerald Pointe is renowned for several key things that are important to those considering senior housing.

First, we have an unwavering commitment to customer service. Residents who have moved to Emerald Pointe tell us our level of service and commitment to our residents is far higher than the community they moved from. Visit our website or our Facebook page to read the comments of our residents and family members.

Second, Emerald Pointe is locally owned and locally operated. The “Our Tradition” page of our website describes our owner and why he had the vision to build Emerald Pointe. Dr. Hawkins’ mother lives with us at Emerald Pointe. He is at Emerald Pointe regularly and insists that his mother, as well as all Emerald Pointe residents have ‘the lifestyle they deserve’.

Third, food is one of the key services a community provides to its residents. Food needs to be nutritious, BUT also needs to taste good. Residents and their family members who have eaten at other communities tell us our food tastes better than other communities they have eaten at.

Fourth, optional meals. Virtually all other communities include three meals per day in their basic rent. That means, if a resident doesn’t eat breakfast or lunch, they are still paying for those meals. At Emerald Pointe, we purposely include one meal per day in our basic rent, AND we make the other two meals available for a nominal cost. That gives our resident an even better value; they aren’t paying for meals they aren’t eating and they don’t feel like they have to eat meals they don’t want.

Fifth, enhanced independent living. Emerald Pointe offers enhanced independent living services for those that need a little help from time-to-time with things like medications, bathing, dressing, transportation, etc. Those services (and more) are available at Emerald Pointe for thousands less than the cost of similar services in an assisted living facility. Visit the “HealthCare Services” page of our website for more information.

These are just five of the many things that sets Emerald Pointe apart from other senior living communities. Contact us today so we can talk with you about “The Lifestyle You Deserve”.