Boardwalk Apartments - Olympia, WA

Look elsewhere

They promise you the moon when you move in, but...
If you need a repair you'll have to fight for it. And since they change managers so often you may start a request with one person and have to start a new one with a second person.

*Over a month went by until the maintenance man showed up to fix it. My son had come by and fixed it weeks before.

* Almost a two months wait for them to bring me a set of living room blinds to replace the ones that broke. They dropped it of and my son came by and installed it.

* Fed up I recently moved. I left the apartment clean and was assured I would be getting most of my security deposit refunded. It has now been 37 days and I've called them twice and I still don't have my refund. State law requires the deposit be returned in 21 days.

Adjusting well.

My friend is doing great here! She has made a lot of new friends and seems to be happy. She has mentioned they have events for birthdays and offer food and snacks.

Poorly run

I've lived here almost two years. Poor management. Poor maintenance. Thin walls so if your neighbor's dog barks a lot get used to it because management will do nothing about it. A loud water treatment nearby. Lots of loud truck and construction traffic. Homeless shelter nearby with lots of noise and dozens of people sleeping on the sidewalk around the neighborhood.

Falls short on management and maintenance

I live here as I right this. It is 6:21 am and I'm up earlier than I want to be. Management has changed three times in the past year. The overworked staff smile at you and write down your requests but don't act on them. It took 28 days to respond to my last repair request to repair my kitchen sink. They have one maintenance man to cover 280 units in Olympia and a couple hundred more in Lakewood. He can't keep up. There is a homeless shelter across the street from the back of the building where homeless gather at 5am to await breakfast. They are loud, often yelling with dogs barking. Three mornings a week around 6 am recycle or trash trucks arrive and it's bang slam, beep beep beep. If you like to sleep in you may consider looking elsewhere. That's what I'm doing.

The people are very helpful and friendly. My mom loves the area, activities and having her beloved pet has made this a great experience for her and the family.

higher rent due to income, but has fa...

higher rent due to income, but has farmers market.

The Boardwalk Apartments are located three blocks from the downtown core of Olympia. They are one block from the Farmers Market, one block from the Boardwalk at Percival Landing which extends along the waterfront between the Port of Olympia and the southern tip of Budd Inlet, one block from the Senior Center located in the Olympia Center, and two blocks from the Regional Intercity Transit Center which serves all of Thurston County.

All members of the household must be age 62 or older at the time of application.