Lamplight Inn of Baltimore - Baltimore, MD

Needs work

Lamplight Inn has had numerous managers and nursing directors within a 6 month period. When my parents were staying there, there were gnats and roaches all the time; they kept giving me excuses as to why the room was always dirty, saying it was because my father was eating in the room, but they weren't good at cleaning things. They started out okay, but after moving my parents in, they changed over management and have gone downhill. I had to move my parents and before I could even move their furniture in anywhere else, I had to have it all sprayed to get rid of the bugs.

Seems like a nice place, overall

My loved one has only been here a short time, but overall I think they do a good job here. The staff are friendly and attentive, and they've been very accommodating in terms of care level and how often my loved ones and I like to visit. They offer a good variety of activities and events, they'll take them on shopping trips every Friday, and also go out to restaurants from time to time. It has been a bit of a rocky start, they've had some problems with the sprinkler system in a few of the rooms, which they are still working on.

This place seems very nice. I have been working with David Zink who is wonderful. He seems to think we can do it. The nurse from there is coming Monday to do an assessment than we'll know more.

Sincere Effort Time and Care Given To Me

I take this opportunity to thank David Zink and the staff for your sincere effort, time, and care given to me and my dad during his transition from rehabilitation to assisted living. Your dedication and assistance working with me made my task easy to manage. It has been a blessing to find a facility so nice and caring. The staff always have a smile, kind words and ready to assist me each time I am there. Lamplight is a beautiful facility which you should be proud to be a part of. Lamplight has set the bar to a level other assisted living facilities will find difficult to match.
It is difficult for me to articulate the joy in my heart at this time. Until better words can be found. Thank you.

Very pleased with everything

Note - now Lamplight Inn of Baltimore. I am so happy I found this facility five months ago. My father who is 87 is thriving here. He is very well cared for. The aides are attentive and caring. He gets his medication on time and his health is monitored. The dining room is lovely and the food is very good. His room is kept very clean. They are also very efficient about getting him to PT and OT. It is also in a very lovely wooded setting, yet convenient to Baltimore City.

DO NOT MOVE YOUR LOVED ON INTO THIS FACILITY

Very dissatisfied with this facility. No one seems to know anything. Staff in kitchen are very nasty with attitutes. No hair nets or gloves worn when serving food. Food is awful, No attention is paid to resident's Diets. One maintenance person for the whole building. 2 Resident assistants for approximately 77 residents. Rooms are suppose to be cleaned once a week. the staff are to assist residents with Bathing and other ADL's. The resident's are suppose to be notified for meals and if they are not seen in the dining room the staff are suppose to check their rooms and to assist them with getting to the dining or bring the meals to them .None of this is being done. I can go on and on . I'm looking for another facility for my family member ASAP. DO NOT MOVE YOUR LOVED ONE INTO THIS FACILITY>

Purnell gave us a tour, but...

Purnell gave us a tour, but he was not aware we were coming, even though we scheduled a tour. Could not tell residents from employees, no uniforms. Good lunch. Friendly staff. Watching TV is considered an activity here. Most residents were just sitting around, doing nothing.

Horrible experience ..

Horrible experience ..

The tour was good. The director is no...

The tour was good. The director is not as friendly as expected. The environment is good but the memory floor smelled of urine as sson as you enter the large activity room.

Rooms great size, liked diversity of ...

Rooms great size, liked diversity of menus, very active community, price moderate.

Moderately modern with a bright light...

Moderately modern with a bright lighting scheme situated on an 8 acre urban city lot on a campus with John Hopkins Kennedy Krieger Institute. The staff is friendly and warm, I didn?t detect any funny smells and the location is good. All utilities are included, except Telephone Cable TV is included Assisted Living Rates Studio $2,495 /month One Bedroom $2,995 /month Community Fee $1,000 Very secluded, but nice. The facilities are nicely coupled with open spaces ranging from the dinning room to the hallways to common areas. After talking with a few people who have love one there, I am no longer interested.

Can help with finances, has transport...

Can help with finances, has transportation plus medical care. Probably the best price in the area.

Visited with MS during a outbreak. E...

Visited with MS during a outbreak. Everyome required to stay in their room, Blgd had deferre4d maintenance issues and all new staff. did no get a chance to meet the residences.

A Wonderful Place To Call Home

Welcome to Lamplight Inn of Baltimore located in Baltimore, Maryland. At Lamplight Inn, we understand what families face in finding a community with the right care along with the right feel for your loved one.
Nestled into a beautiful park and educational campus, Lamplight Inn of Baltimore provides the perfect place to meet new people, keep active and feel right at home. In addition to care, you can expect a clean, safe and supportive environment that makes us an excellent choice for assisted living.

A Community of Care and Support

Our on-site Resident Care Team, including the administrator, sees to resident's needs, and provides care and assistance 24-hours a day. Apartments at Lamplight Inn are rented on a monthly basis, and are equipped with individual climate controls, emergency call systems and other comfort and safety features.