Elmcroft of Shippensburg - Shippensburg, PA

Did a good job with the respite care

We used Elmcroft for a brief respite stay, and overall I thought they did a good job. I thought they could have done a better job providing information about the process and what they provide, but my loved one seemed to enjoy her stay well enough. We would use them again if our regular caregiver were not available for an extended stay.

Moving to Elmcroft

I like Elmcroft's layout, It seemed more like a home to me with large gathering areas that a resident could sit quietly in and still interact with others.
The staff was very helpful and was welcoming even though it was a difficult time for me and for my mother.

Level of care dropped

In the beginning it wasn't bad, it was kind of decent but then the level of care really dropped and he got dperessed so that's why we moved my father. The last time we went there and we finally decided to move him, we went and we walked in the room and his room smelled really bad, like old man smell. I walked in the door and said "Oh we need to open up some windows!" The smell just hit you. They weren't washing his clothes, he would go down and eat and come back to his room and lay down until it was time to eat again. It was the same things every day and when we asked him what he had bene doing he told us there was nothing to do there.

We have paid the introductory fee for...

We have paid the introductory fee for dad to become Elmcroft's next resident. Director has been great to work with and I believe my father will be happy here.

Elmcroft of Shippensburg is located in the rolling hills of the picturesque Cumberland Valley. Conveniently located off Interstate 81, Elmcroft sits on the northern edge of the historic town of Shippensburg. While maintaining its rural farming community feel, Shippensburg enjoys all the modern conveniences, such as nearby shopping, entertainment and cultural events.