Elmcroft of Sherwood - Sherwood, AR

Home like

Top care by the best staff. If you want true care delivered with kindness in a home like environment this is the place.

Great care for mom

The care from this community is good. The staff is attentive and caring. The menu needs improving. The community is clean and it was nice to know that the other residents appear to be happy and let me know that they were happy with the care that they are receiving The community is clean and has a good environment. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

High rating!

Whatever the highest number for the rating is that is what I would rate it. So far my aunt is settling in quite nicely at the Elmcroft of Sherwood. The overall atmosphere is very warm and inviting. They are very welcoming to family members when we come to visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my aunt's care needs. I have not had a chance to dine at the community with her but she says the food is good. They offer a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. They have a nice courtyard for the residents to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. We are satisfied that they are taking good care of my aunt.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your aunt is loving her new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Very Pleased With The Level Of Care

We are extremely pleased all the way around with this community. Mom is doing fairly well she is being treated wonderfully She is starting to socialize with the other residents. The staff is attentive and caring and compassionate. The community is well kept clean, bright and the temperature is perfect. She likes the food. But the best part is the location it is only about 5 minutes from my brother so that gives up peace knowing someone is close by in case of an emergency.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having your mom here.

A lively atmosphere

Mom likes the staff at Elmcroft. They are considerate. Mom is still adjusting to living at this community and is slowly starting to make friends. They offer a lot of activities. They have singers and other outside entertainment come in. I have eaten here and I think the food is great. This community is clean and well taken care of. I would highly recommend this community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Daughter

Let me start by saying I couldn't have ever asked for a more loving place my family member. From the moment we came in the door the staff were friendly and the residents were having a ball. Everyone smiling laughing and enjoying themselves. I too toured the building and yes it's not the newest building but the staff and care my loved one received was the best. I felt loved , my mother was loved and I saw the same treatment of everyone there. To place your loved one is difficult and the guilt I felt just looking around thinking about it was hard. I went to every place around until I finally chose Elmcroft of Sherwood . I believe God led me there and it was a blessing. I honestly believe no one could have done a better job including myself. From the top to the bottom each person worked to make sure they did the best job. I will forever be grateful to them for the outstanding job they did. I would recommend them to anyone .

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having your loved one here.

IF YOU LOVE YOUR LOVED ONES DO NOT SEND THEM HERE!!!!

Before visiting the facility, I called and spoke to Mrs. [name removed]. I did not get a good vibe from her on the phone but decided to still check it out. If you are putting a loved one in assisted living, it is extremely hard for them and the family. Upon arriving the lady told me to sit and wait to speak with her which was fine. As I'm looking around I'm noticing that they have all of the residents just sitting in one big room. None of the staff is talking to them. They were just all sitting there looking very unhappy. Not one staff member took the time to even notice or speak to the residents. Which bothered me. As she finally makes time for me she looked very messy. Her office was trashed and left the door open whIle we talked. There was no privacy. I did not feel that she cared whether or not I was interested at all. She was not interested in getting to know my grandmother, or her condition. I was shown a room that someone was already living in. I felt I was nicer to the lady than Mrs. Benna was. I felt as if she blew her off and went through her home as she pleased. She kept telling me and showing me all these "great activities " but yet they were all in one room just sitting there. My grandmother is a very outgoing person once she is comfortable in her surroundings. I was ready to go within the first 5 minutes of her opening her mouth because it was all a bunch of crap. I can see my grandmother saying hello to her and trying to get to know her, or she may have a couple of questions and she would feel as if she was a bother. I have visited other facilities, and this for sure was the most unprofessional and nursing home like facility I have ever came in contact with. The rooms were horrible and small. There was a tiny refrigerator and a very small microwave in the living room. There was no kitchen at all. No counter space anywhere. On the phone she made it seem so glorious. She asked no personal questions, but yet I'm here to view a what I thought was a good home for my grandmother. I was disappointed and could not belive how the director of the facility treated me and the nice lady that she barged in on. I would not dare have any loved one living there. If you do I highly suggest you try your best to find a more suitable place because this was definitely not it. She personally should be ashamed of the way she presented and represented herself and her facility. If I had taken my grandmother with me I would have been embarrassed, and she probably would think every place is like that which is not the case. I would rate this place a -5. If you have other choices please go with them. Do not let her sell you and your family a dream. It's a joke.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

Hardworking staff!

The people working their were very nice and did their best to help my father as a resident.

I'm pleased with Elmcroft of Sherwood...

I'm pleased with Elmcroft of Sherwood. Staff is friendly, and the cleanliness of the facility is up to standards. I'm satisfied with the attention staff provides, activities offered, and services they provide. Overall I'm pleased with Elmcroft of Sherwood.

Recognized by the Wall Street Journal as one of the 10 best cities in the US, Sherwood is a quiet, hometown neighborhood with all the amenities of an active city. An abundance of parks and ponds contribute to Sherwood’s natural setting, while a short 12-mile drive will bring you all the cultural offerings of the capital city of Little Rock, just across the Arkansas River.

Elmcroft of Sherwood is an assisted living community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Sherwood has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Sherwood features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.