Elmcroft of Maumelle - Maumelle, AR

A safe, clean place you will be thankful is caring for your loved one!

My husband of 59 years has advanced Alzheimers and it had reached the point I could no longer safely care for him. However, finding the right place was not easy. He has never liked crowds, and many homes are crowded. I wanted him to have some personal care and the respect this fine man deserved. When I found Elm Croft, it felt right, very clean, not over crowded, people not only cared for, but cared about and much to my surprise, his own room and he could have his own furniture. I was so worried the day to took him, but the minute he saw his favorite chair waiting for him he went to it sat down and smiled. He was A-OK. Yes, when I go to see him, he hardly knows me, but it I see contentment in his eyes, he is clean and well cared for, his room is clean and neat. I had the privilege of eating a meal there and it was delicious, nicely served and food that is easy for the elderly to eat. Yes, it is costing me, but he has taken great care of me for many years, now it my turn to give that care and honor back to him.

This is the most beautiful place I have visited in Arkansas thanks to the staff of Elmcroft of Maumelle

Father's good care

We like the care at this community. The staff is caring and attentive. The community is clean and offers a nice environment for him. They have nice activities for the residents and I like that they have my father active. We would recommend this community for all the good options that are available for a good value.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Staffing Concerns

Concern: The CNA staff on call from 7am-11 pm are great and dependable. The 11 pm-7 am are lacking in attention to residents. They are found sleeping at times after residents are asleep. This is not acceptable.
They need more staff on the 3 pm - 11 pm shift and the 11 pm - 7 am shift. Two CNA's cannot watch 19 people in the common area when both CNA's are busy elsewhere. Therefore, those residents in wheelchairs and others that have issues walking and falling are not being watched.
I have a problem with the Memory Wing being called "assisted living" when these residents need more one on one help.

The nursing staff is AWESOME! They are always good to call me with any medical issues.

The housekeeping staff constantly needs to be reminded to clean better, especially in the bathroom.

The weekend shift is also short-staffed as well. Some fall incidents have happened the past 6 months that have been very vague and/or the staff was not present when it happened. This is a concern to me and I would think it would be to anyone who's loved ones are staying there.

Overall, my parent is treated well, needs are met, they love on my parent, and is loved by the staff. With the exception of the 3rd shift concerns, since I've not met the staff on the 3rd shift but have had past experience with them not being available when needed.
There is a lot of turnover in CNA's at this facility which doesn't help matters with Dementia residents.

Bottom line is this, more staff is needed to accommodate the residents, especially in the Memory Wing.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. We take these matter very seriously. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

Needs to be bigger!

I really did like this community. I can't see any issues that they had. The only thing that I did not like was that it was a smaller community and it was not open. It seemed to be very congested and we wanted something a bit bigger for mom.

Activities good, Food good choice, nice courtyard, Friendly staff. Things to improve or wish were better. More nutritious snacks not so close to meals. Better attention to bathroom cleanliness (floor sticky / toilet – fully clean). Better communication between shift & staff have to tell all of concerns. Staff pay clear attention to signs of illness. Frustrating that phone not answered more consistently in evening need better phone that will each throughout the building. More fruits & veges – less breading on meats.
Suggestions: Quiet background music at dinner. Better TV programs or DVD’s in main areas that interest the elderly.

My mother has been a resident for 5 years. The staff is wonderful, caring & patient. We have been thankful for all the activities and resident involvement in activity choices. Elmcroft of Maumelle is clean, well-staffed and friendly & informative to families & visitors.

Very happy with Elmcroft’s facility and staff. I highly recommend it. Everyone is so eager to please.

I love Elmcroft.

Mom and Encrust

My Mom is a new resident. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to be on site. The staff and I talk through e-mail and on the phone. They have been great to help me feel comfortable and know that mom is in good hands. We are going through the learning process, which in all processes takes time. It is awesome to have people and villages helping with our parents. And, I thank them for helping my mom. And, I understand that my mom is becoming quite a domino

Friendly, accommodating staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Elmcroft of Maumelle! The staff here is friendly, professional, and very accommodating when it comes to care. They really pay attention to detail, and I appreciate how they took all of the history we gave them into account when getting things set up for our loved one. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they just do a very good job overall caring for the residents!

Excellent Food !

My aunt is having a great experience at The Elmcroft of Maumelle. We are very pleased with her move her she seems to really like it. It doesn't have any bad smells around the community smells really great and looks nice to. The community gives you a homey feeling as if your home not just a facility. The staff here is excellent and super helpful to my aunt and her needs. She really enjoys the food they cook here excellent meals. Overall things have been great and I would recommend it.

Mom is Happy With The Help

The process was very easy and the owner was very nice. The franchise owner, Pete, took his time in getting to know us and understanding my parents and their needs. He asked a lot of questions and did a personal interview with my parents which was very important. He was patient and very personable. Everything seems to be going good right now we are happy with the help that my parents are getting. The woman comes in and helps out with the cooking and cleaning and my parents are enjoying her cooking. It been a good experience so far I would recommend this agency.

Initial Impressions

Staff is helpful and courteous. Meals are reasonably tasty and diverse. Accommodating in transporting wheelchair clients to doctors and such.

Overall really good, activities are the only concern.

The staff seems to be doing really well. My concern is with the activities, we were told all these activities would be happening, and they weren't happening. They were between activities director, but now they have a new one, and I haven't had a chance to see what she will do yet. The nursing staff is good. I don't have complaints about the food. She likes her room, and everything is pretty clean.

Excellent.

Review of Elmcroft of Maumelle Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Maumelle, AR

nice location and the facility tour was nice, but i have yet to be called by anyone following up after the tour to get my mother set up for respite care.

Susan Goff and her staff we...

Susan Goff and her staff were awesome during the tour of Elmcroft--helpful to the max. This facility has some wonderful benefits - close knit, best patient to caregiver ratio, new computer monitoring of medications to be given, patient care tasks to be done, etc. for CNAs and nursing staff. Susan, director, especially is very personable and knowledgeable of a multitude of services and resources to help when placing special needs persons. This group of caregivers does everything in their power to maintain the dignity of their patients. Love that!

Very nice facility, few too...

Very nice facility, few too many hills.

I Couldn’t Ask For Better

I was just using them for respite which is $99 a night and that is extremely reasonable! I couldn't ask for better care. I am extremely pleased with everything! They keep them busy all day with whatever they want to do. They have bingo, exercises, coffee, things in the afternoon - I don't even know all the activities but they were constant. I have been absolutely thrilled. I would recommend them to anyone.

good facility. staff was very good.

good facility. staff was very good.

Nestled in a peaceful, wooded setting, Elmcroft of Maumelle is located in Pulaski County in central Arkansas. Little Rock, the state capital, is just across the Arkansas River.

Elmcroft of Maumelle is an assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community in Arkansas offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Maumelle has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Maumelle features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.