Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills - Northfield, OH

Older building, updated. First impression-lobby-residents looked very depressed. Lighting dim. Extra charges for pets, dinner trays delivered to room. Staff we saw did not engage us, other than [name removed] who gave us the presentation and tour.

My favorite community

I loved this community when we toured it. The staff seemed very nice and helpful. The community was very nice inside and out. There is an enclosed courtyard outside which is very lovely. The location of the property just was a little further than I would have desired we needed them closer to the family.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We wish your loved one could have joined us here at Elmcroft.

Tour for mom

We like this nice and clean community. The staff was able to inform us on the types of care that are needed for the residents. We liked the menu and the list of activities. Families would like this community, but we would recommend a tour for the options.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for sharing your positive experience here at Elmcroft!

Very pleased

The staff are outgoing, quick to respond , very caring and concerned about the residents. Mom enjoys some of the activities they offer. The food sounds good and mom seems to like it. She has a nice room and they keep the community clean. I am comfortable with the level of care she is receiving and I would recommend this community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

My Aunt Loves It

My aunt loves it here at this community. She is doing very well, and I'am satisfied with her move here. The staff is wonderful. They are very attentive, and helpful. Everybody is very kind. The meals are nice, and they offer nice activities for the residents. I would recommend this community, it is working out well for us.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

We were overall very impressed with the facility and the price. [Removed] was very nice, informative, friendly and knew the residents. Seems like a great place.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words!

A GOOD PLACE FOR MOM

ELMCROFT IS A VERY NICE PLACE FOR MY MOM.IT`S CLEAN,STAFF FREINDLY ANY ANY QUESTIONS ASKED A ANSWR IS PROMPTLY GIVEN.

To depressing!

When we walked into this community I knew that it would not be good for my dad. The community was very, very depressing to me. It just was not the type of place I wanted my dad. The people were nice though.

In the time of need they really delivered

We were in an urgent situation, my being out of state, my brother heading out of town. Dad was admitted to the hospital and Mom could not stay alone. Elmcroft came to the rescue, literally, to provide respite care while Dad was in the hospital and at the very least until I arrived 2 days later.
They helped me get the information from the primary care doctor's office, medications, etc. and picked her up and took her to Elmcroft. It was an amazing experience in a stressful time. The Director, driver and staff were top quality in their caring and service. Her care for medications, meals and room were all it should be. These are special people that provide these services. Mom can be a pistol at times, and they handled it all with kindness and grace. I would definately use them in the future.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us.

Mother Is Doing Great Here

My mother is doing great here at this community. I know she is safe and being cared for very well. This is a good community, they do a good job keeping the community nice and clean. They have a great staff here, they are very helpful and attentive. They are providing her with good care, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

wonderful place for your loved one, they will go above and beyond

It Could Be Better

This community is altogether good. It is well maintained with exception of reminding staff to do the weekly cleaning in rooms, which has been resolved now. My mom says the food is alright and could use some improvement. The community offer plenty of activities for residents. I like how prompt they are when Mom need help and the staff are all friendly and respectful. For the most part I would probably recommend this community to others.

Love it!

Mom has been at Elmcroft and things are going well so far! She's made friends and even participated in some activities. We were able to try the food prior to moving her in and it was quite good although Mom doesn't care for the veggies and really enjoys the desserts! We are still learning the schedules for laundry and shower times but other than that things are going great!

Nice place, but very expensive

Our experience with Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills has been a very good one, overall. It's a very nice place, and they take wonderful care of the people who live here. My loved one has had a little trouble settling in, but the staff is friendly and accommodating. However, it is also a very expensive place to live.

Caring and accommodating staff

I really appreciate the service that Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills provided for us. My loved one was in bad shape when we came to them, and they took her in knowing that she would need a lot of help. Her stay didn't end up being a long one, but they were a huge help to my family throughout the whole process, and did the best they could for her. My one complaint would be that I think they could improve communication between the weekend and weekday staff, I often had to repeat care instructions myself when the new shift would come in, and I know not everyone can be at the community as often as I was with their loved one.

There are a lot of things that could be improved.

I wouldn't give anything a five. I think there are a lot of things that could be improved. For the most part it's clean, and the staff is friendly. They do a lot of nickle and diming. You really have to pay attention and stay on top of the charges.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was very impressed by what we saw here, I'd say it was my favorite place that we saw. It was a nice looking, well kept community, and all of the staff we spoke to seemed friendly and professional. In the end we left the decision up to our loved one, and she opted to go with an area she was more familiar with.

The grounds are beautiful, it's peaceful and quiet.

I know that they are understaffed, however the residents have a pendant around their necks, and sometimes my loved one will have to push the button twice, and sometimes they come and sometimes they don't. They seem to have plenty of stuff to do. She is tired of eggs, a little more variety for breakfast would be nice. They don't get bread and butter with their meals very often. The grounds are beautiful, it's peaceful and quiet. I like that the staff pitches in and helps each other out, even if it's not their assigned duty. The nurses are great, and they are really good about communication with the family. I liked the area it was in, and it was a better value than the other one we were looking into.

nice community, but not eno...

nice community, but not enough ethnic diversity.

Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills

My search began with online with 'A place for Mom' in October 2013. They were very helpful in giving me a list of facilities near my desired location and budget. They set up a tour at Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills with my family and Mom. The staff there is very friendly. They explained the facility, rooms, features, and activities. We ate lunch to try the food. It was very tasty and good portions. After careful thought we selected Elmcroft to be Moms new residence.
She has been there about 3 weeks now and is adjusting well with no complaints.

Very nice place for dad

They're very friendly, the value is fair, we looked into VA benefits and that really helped cover some of the cost of Elmcroft and I highly recommend anyone's whose parent is a verteran to look into that. Luckily my father has recovered quite a bit so he's pretty independent, he's even doing his own wash so from what I can tell their care is satisfactory. He's not really doing much besides going for rides to the store and he doesn't really participate in the activities. He likes to read, he reads everyday and he talks to people so he's fine with that. It's a really tough job what they have to do and they do it well, the staff is friendly and everything but at a certain point you just blend in and you kind of feel that the initial enthusiasm for the new person kind of wanes a little bit but I'm not saying that's good or bad, just an observation. As far as the facility, great location, it's like a really nice hotel, my father does complain about the food a little, but he's a little bit of a picky eater so that may be my only complaint. As far as safety and things like that, I'm very well relieved.

8-23 -facility is ...

8-23 -facility is 4 minutes from Rt82 & 21.Assisted & independent w/assisted.3 meals,snacks, they do laundry, meds,can use there furniture for a month,then bring your own stuff.Activities, transport to med appts included if 20 mile radius. They have van for shopping/Marcs, house dr visits on Thurs., nurse practioner visits on Wed. Regular bed. Lowest level of care and smallest apartmt.= $101/day, 1 bdrm w/kitchenette = $142/day *Month to month contract Private pay for 18 months then can apply for waiver.LEAST expensive plan comes to $3030-3131 month.

Nice,close to home,small.

Nice,close to home,small.

nice, $6000 +

nice, $6000 +

Sagamore Hills is a small community surrounded by the picturesque Cuyahoga Valley Metro Park System. Elmcroft is located on five manicured acres bordered by a wooded area that is home to deer that are often seen on the property.

Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills is an assisted living and Alzheimer’s Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Sagamore Hills features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.