Elmcroft of Kingsport - Kingsport, TN

we enjoyed our visit and are considering it

My mom and I had a great experience at our Elmcroft tour on Friday. The staff were friendly and the residents looked well cared for. We met one resident named [Removed] and she was on her way to play bingo but took the time to introduce herself to mom and give her a hug. The facility was clean and easy to navigate and the dinning hall was super fancy with lots of room for residents with walkers to navigate. Their intake about mom's routine was very through even though our visit was at a busy time. I liked their use of informational kiosks for residents so that information was easily accessible to all staff. I also was pleased to see that all residents wore a call button around their neck to call for help as needed. I don't know if my mom would use that resource but it was reassuring to know it's there. The only drawback was having to go on a waiting list and no way to predict if there was going to be availability when I needed it. But [Removed] felt certain that there would be an opening but it would have to be confirmed later in the month. The $150 non-refundable registration fee wasn't mentioned when I scheduled the appointment but the check won't get deposited until she becomes a resident and I will get the check back if she doesn't stay there but the check holds our place on the waiting list.

Megan Strothman

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad you had a pleasant experience with us!

Overall we found the right place for mom

I am impressed with the memory care area of this community. They are taking good care of mom and are working well with hospice. The community is clean. Someone I know had a loved one living here previously and they recommended this community. The community is close to family and friends. I feel we made the right decision in choosing this community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

We were "greeted" by an unfriendly person who didn't not even smile when we came in. She showed us to the office of the person with whom we had an appointment. She explained things but without any enthusiasm or interest inus or our mom. The facility was very hard to find rooms, it had turns and twists in all the halls. Very hard for a resident to find their way around (we even had difficulty).

Wonderful place, friendly people!

We are very pleased with how things have turned out with Elmcroft of Kingsport, they do a wonderful job! The staff is friendly, and they've been very supportive to our family throughout this whole process. I like that they will call as soon as any issues come up so that we can get them handled immediately. All the little things they do just add up to wonderful care for the residents, they really treat them like family!

Bad

My father was placed in Heartland Village because they said he needed M+ care, the most expensive. This was, they said, the highest level of care so naturally I was not hesitant about it, wanting the best for him. I can say I never saw the care they promised although he did pay for it! I also enrolled him in the Teena program which was supposed to supply him with briefs and wipes at an extra cost of 125 a month. Not! I had to buy all the wipes, briefs and pads plus gloves which they came and got to use on other patients. I bought sheet sets that went missing. Numerous bath, hand and wash cloths that were never seen again. never had a towel in his room to even dry hands on! The room was never cleaned and the bathroom wasn't touched! I cleaned it plus brought a sweeper from home to clean the carpet when it was so nasty. The food they served was not edible. Most of his food I provided because he could not eat the garbage they served. They jerked him around when cleaning him to the point of making bruises on his arms and let him lie in urine soaked briefs with horrible bed sores on his bottom. I complained several times and was assured things would taken care of. They weren't. They are so understaffed especially graveyard that I witnessed fights between residents because there was no one watching them at all! Falls happened daily and staff was always hard to find. Overall a bad experience and wish I could have put him somewhere else but because of his illness I had no choice Would not recommend it to anyone.

Elmcroft review

The transition at Elmcroft was amazing. The staff was so supportive and caring They are excellent for our parent. The staff and employees go the extra mile. My husband and I was impress the moment we saw Elmcroft.
We are inform of any changes. The activities they have for the residents allow them to feel right a home. I would recommend Elmcroft to anyone looking for A PLace for Mom.

Not Very Engaging

She did receive her medication. She did not like the food however, she thought it was just warmed up from the day before. They should have been trained on how to get someone to participate and be involved. For respit care they need to be more attentive to the families wishes. We wanted our mom to be more involved with the activities, so I was not pleased that they did not try to do that. She was isolated quite a bit and we wanted to her to have more interactions with people. She did not experience what I had hoped she would.

right decision

moving her to elmcroft was a very good decision she's receiving much better care and it's may just a world of difference in her

very satisfied

The entire experience with Elmcroft of Kingsport has been positive. They have taken excellent care of mom, and everyone there has been exceptionally friendly. We've been very very satisfied.

Elmcroft of Kingsport

The first thing that struck me about this facility was how clean and well maintained it is. I visited another facility in the area and the furniture was marked up and soft finishing were worn.

The residents rooms are kept very clean, as is the dining area. The food is also very good. Not institutional fair as I would expect. And another nice touch is that the day's menu is posted outside the dining are and they have menus at the table, giving it the air of a nice hotel.

The staff are very friendly, and they know the residents. It is not difficult to get information about my mother. When my mother has a doctor's appointment, I called to let them know and they get her ready.

My mother had an illness that resulted in a hospital stay. Since she has been back, they have taken very good care of her and have kept me up on her progress.

I would definitely recommend this facility.

They're great, I would give them a six out of five.

They're great, I would give them a six out of five. They are great as far as the way they handle the pricing. There have been no problems with laundry to this point. The food looks good and smells good, and if mom's eating it, then it must be good. They have a choice on the menus. We chose them for a couple of reasons, I made several unannounced stops, and was very impressed with what I saw. I also liked that it was relatively small and homey. My mind has relaxed a lot, because I know she is safe. The staff is just fantastic!! Everyone from the guy that does the maintenance to the director is wonderful.

It's really good.

It's really good. They work on things when I bring them to their attention. There have been a couple of issues but they are good about getting them fixed. I liked that it was a beautiful facility and seemed to be set up well.

On a daily basis, residents of Elmcroft of Kingsport experience the natural beauty throughout the foothills of the Smoky and Appalachian Mountains. Spectacular area parks offer endless opportunities for outdoor recreation.

Elmcroft of Kingsport assisted living and memory care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Kingsport has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Kingsport features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.