Elmcroft of Halcyon - Montgomery, AL

My worst nightmare at Elmcroft

I found the staff to attentive the first couple of weeks and activities for the dementia residents were there. After the first couple of weeks, the truth came out. There were no activities at the facility for weeks at a time. CNAs complained openly about the residents. Poor nursing leadership. Short staffed and the LPNs and CNAs openly complained about having too much to do. Staff complained openly about their pay. I was excited that the facility was potentially just what I was looking for but soon found that it was not any different from the rest of the facilities that had underpaid and overworked staff. There were nights when there was only 1 LPN on the entire first floor. Meds were not always delivered appropriately. Finance office is totally disorganized - in the 3 months I was there my bill was never correct.

Treating me well

They are treating me well here at Elmcroft of Halcyon. It is very easy to communicate with Miss [Removed]. She is very. The staff members are very friendly and responsive to any questions or concerns that I have. It is a warm and homey place. I don't have a lot in common with a lot of the residents here. There are only seven men to socialize with that come into the dining room. Most of the residents here need more assistance than I do. I am recuperating, and once my driving privileges are restored it will be better. The transportation is on a schedule. It's on their schedule. They do provide activities for the residents to engage in, I don't really participate in the ones that they offer. The food is very good and they offer a good variety of choices. But after the meals there is not a lot of camaraderie here, they don't hang out in the common area. There is an outdoor area that I can go outside and get some fresh air. I would recommend this community to others.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having you here.

A tour for care for mom

I toured this community.The staff were nice and answered my questions for the care that is offered. They have a lot of different price ranges that we did not want. We did not see a menu, but the community is very clean. It is a two lever community that we did not want. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! we are glad you had a pleasant experience while you were visiting us.

A beautiful facility. The staff is kind and caring. The residents there appear to very happy with their new home. I would be happy to have my parent live there.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Pleasant experience!!

I had a pleasant experience with this community, all of the staff where extra friendly and made sure to give my father and I a warm welcome. The property was very well maintained with lots of great features and amenities that we enjoyed. This just ended up not being the right fit for my father but overall everything was great during our visit.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience while you were here.

Nice community!

My tour of the Elmcroft of Halcyon went well. The place was very nice and clean, it was similar to the one that I actually chose. There was nothing wrong with the place, just not what we were looking for at the moment.

need information

I am pleased with the quick placement. I have no contact information, such as social worker assign, if any, telephone number or progress made.

met our expectations

The main thing that we went to Elmcroft of Halcyon for was for mom to have care 24 hours a day. She falls a lot and needs a lot of special attention. They have definitely met our expectations. They are always there and take great care of her.

There was one minor incident where they came in super early in the morning to get her laundry and then ended up mixing her clothes with another residents, which caused her some confusion, but that is the only issue we have had and it was a very minor one.

It was much more expensive and very large compared to where we chose. Everyone had to come to a common dining room. We were told they didn't have care steps, if she couldn't dress herself and do her baths then this wasn't the place for her, but I heard differently later. It was like a country club with white linen table cloths, with a very formal look. For someone who does not have dementia, it would have been really nice.

We were very impressed with the facil...

We were very impressed with the facility and the information we received from the director.

Very nice, clean, friendly atmosphere...

Very nice, clean, friendly atmosphere. The Director was professional, while very compassionate & warm. Felt secure in the Alzheimers wing, tenants were comfortable doing their own thing. Nice gated outdoor area for gardening, walking or relaxing.

Elmcroft of Halcyon is located just off Taylor Road, around the corner from the East Chase Shopping Center in Montgomery, Alabama. With historic downtown a few short miles away, Elmcroft assisted living residents can view some of the nation’s most significant historic landmarks.

Elmcroft of Halcyon, a Montgomery assisted living and Alzheimer’s care community offers accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Halcyon has a licensed Health Care Director on-site or on-call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Halcyon features a full sprinkler system. Each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.