Country Cottage - Montgomery - Montgomery, AL

• Personal Laundry
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Secure Memory Unit
  • Memory Care Services

We like this community for good care for my mom. The staff is attentive and caring. The community is clean and I like knowing that it is maintained for my mom. The menu is average. They serve the bigger meals at lunch time and not dinner. They need more of a variety. They offer a lot of activities that she is enjoying. My mom likes the trips away from the community. They offer personal care for hair needs. My mom likes the movie nights and a lot of the card games. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Mom is Doing A Lot Better

So far everything is working out great with my mothers move to this community. We are satisfied with all they have done for our family. They have been very helpful. She is doing a lot better, and everything is working out very well. This is a community I would recommend to my friends, and family.

Very bright and well maintained building!!

My dad seems to be comfortable in his new living environment and has made a smooth adjustment so far.He has had no complaints about the food and the chef does a great job at making sure the meals are well balanced and nutritious for all of the residents. My favorite thing about the facility is how well lit it is inside the building as well as clean and always being newly updated. I do however think they can improve on how often the aids bath and care to my father. It seems to be lacking in that department.

I would NOT recommend this place!!

People should know you can't go by their word, the contract went both ways 30 days notice if it's not working out on both ends but after one incident they did not let my husband back. They advertise that they specialize in Alzheimer care but don't, they couldn't handle my husband and he was not aggressive, rude, or out of hand. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Friendly Residents!!

My loved one has really made himself comfortable in his new living environment. The staff have all been wonderful and attentive to his needs. He did mention that there could be some improvement on the food that they prepare everyday. There is not enough flavor in the meats and the dinners could use some fresh fruit and vegetables. Overall I have been pleased with the services they have been provided my father and have no complaints.

Variety Of Activities!!

My loved one is treated well by the staff at this community. The staff is very friendly and the meals are always very nutritious. My loved one is eating well. They provide a mixture of activities for the residents such as exercise programs. They also take him outside or to walk around the building as he pleases.

Attentive Staff!!

The interaction between the staff and the residents is good. My grandmother and i feel that the cleanliness is okay. One of the services that she likes is the church service that the community offers. The only thing that my grandmother wishes that they could make better is the food. There needs to be more variety and taste of the meals. Besides this it's great place and we would recommend it.

It's very clean, and I am just so happy with it.

I like it a lot, and I think it's really convenient for the residents to have doctors onsite. It's very clean, and I am just so happy with it. We chose them because the staff was very friendly, and answered all my questions and would prompt me when I didn't know what to ask. They have a van and will take her where she needs to go.

the staff were really caring

I was really pleased with Country Cottage. My wife fell and broke her hip though and is no longer there. It was not their fault, it was just one of those things that happens. We were quite happy there. I think the staff were really caring and always there.

very helpful

We have had a very positive experience with Country Cottage. On the first day they were extraordinary. The transition to dementia assisted living was very difficult for my Father...Consequently, it was also hard on us. The professional staff went above and beyond to make him feel at home and to comfort us.
While the staff has always been available to answer questions and concerns (especially in the first weeks), it would nice if could proactively communicate with us regarding Dad's status or forthcoming billing changes. I know this would be difficult as each resident's situation is unique; however, it might be worth considering as it would give families a clearer understanding of where they might be able to provide additional, day-to-day, assist.

It is okay

Besides being so expensive, it is okay. Some of the staff members are friendly. We have had Just minor issues. The facility itself is clean. My loved one has been here for a short period of time, but so far everything has been okay. Overall, I rate this property 3 stars because it is fair. It is not the best, but my loved one is comfortable here. My loved one has gotten to know the other residents.

Highly recommend the Country Cottage

My aunt moved into Country Cottage last year and it has saved her life. The staff and atmosphere at Country Cottage are terrific. I would highly recommend you consider this wonderful facility for the care of your loved one.

Very pleased overall!

Overall we are very pleased with the service here! They do a great job of welcoming new residents to the community, getting them introduced to everyone, and helping them settle in. The caregivers are all very friendly and attentive.
The one thing I think they could improve is just having more activities in general, they do have them but they could stand to be more frequent.

I don't really have any complaints.

I don't really have any complaints. They were very sweet and very kind. They loved her, she loved it there. The food was ok, I would give it maybe a three. They had snacks and everything she ever needed there. It was smaller than another one we looked at, with only 16 beds, they had a homey feel, with a small living area. The ladies were looking out for eachother there. I would definitely reccommend it here. There were only women there, which made us more comfortable.

Because home is so important to all of us, each Cottage not only has wonderful cozy common areas where new and old friends can enjoy being together, but each offers distinctly different programs tailored to perfectly suit the unique needs of each resident.
Whether your loved one needs just a little help or emotional support, requires a great deal of hands-on-care, or would benefit from a program specifically designed to cope with the challenges of the later stages of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, we can help.

A Little Help

Central to Country Cottages’ mission is CareSteps, the customized personal service program that provides just the right kind of help at the right time. Individualized services include:

• Nurse supervised, 24-hour staff attention
• CareSteps personal care plan
• Three home-style meals daily
• Planned off and on-site recreation
• Weekly thorough housekeeping and daily tidy up
• Weekly personal laundry
• Scheduled transportation

A Lot of Love

The owners and staff of Country Cottage have dedicated themselves to helping you stay focused on the love and caring that has made your family so unique.