Elm Park Estates - Roanoke, VA

[Removed] met us at the door, provided answers to all of our questions and took us on an extensive tour of the facility. She greeted the residents by name and they greeted her by name. Several residents asked us to join them in a game they were playing and talked to us about the facility and how they loved living there. The apartment is almost an exact match to my mother's townhouse, which will make it easier for her to acclimate to her new place. She is thrilled that they allow pets, so she can take her [Removed]. The visit could not have gone any better. We are signing papers today!!!

My contact Richard of Elm Park Estates gave my mother and I an informative and friendly tour. I want to say a special "Thank you!" to Richard for his patience, considering my mother and I arrived for our tour very, very, very late! Elm Park Estates appeared to be a very nice retirement home. :-)

The community is nice and clean!!!!

Mom has only been at Elm Park Estates for 2 weeks and so far it has been great. The staff are wonderful, helpful and they make my mom feel like she is at home. The food is delicious, healthy and they have a wide variety of choices. Mom has not yet had the time to participate in any activities but she is looking forward to them. I would recommend this community.

Quality of living

The quality of living and the quality of life are great. The management here is superb.

Pleasant environment

The managers are very pleasant and have a busy hands-on job. A married couple is on premises at all times. I feel good about my Mom being there. Great food! Great location and I feel she is in a safe environment.

This is hard

There is a big difference between staff and location and facility .
Elm Park Estates is A nice facility but need of updates. Staff is working very hard to keep up but a super Group of people, good food scale of eight on cleaning. The residence seem happy and a community of Careing for each other. Still working out a few bugs but glad my father is here.

Nice facility that is different from the rest

The managers of the facility are very nice. They are very busy, with office work, serving, giving tours, listening to residents, so they have a tough job. The layout of this complex is very nice and the building is well maintained. I think it is time for carpet cleaning in high traffic areas, but the decor is very pleasant. The apartments are basic, some need new windows, but overall they serve the purpose. Most of the activities are in-house, but this is an independent complex. The food is excellent. Great choices for each meal, and yet still basics for those who like that. I feel my Mom will be safe there and that is the outcome we want, right?!

Review of Elm Park Estates Independent Living in Roanoke, VA

Independent living only. Staff great. Price ok. Location ok. Facility very nice in general. Just could not use because needed assistive living.

$3200/Mo. Can be locked in...

$3200/Mo. Can be locked in. No home care. May use outside help. 3 meals/day included. Housekeeping and linen service.

Its Great!

It’s great. It’s a good value – that’s why I came here. They have a bus that will take me anywhere in Roanoke. The staff is all friendly. I’ve only been here for a little while, so I haven’t seen any activities yet.

We love it! Like a cruise ship. Bet...

We love it! Like a cruise ship. Better than where our Aunt currently stays.

Nestled at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the historic Shenandoah Valley, the views outside and the atmosphere inside make it easy to see why our residents love coming home to Elm Park Estates. We’re conveniently located near two large medical centers, shopping malls, museums and many other exciting destinations.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind