Elite Elder Care - El Dorado Hills, CA

Warm, friendly atmosphere; black cat in residence; many activities; rooms are fully furnished.

I am a nurse that goes to different facilities to look over patients that need some temporary care from either home health or hospice. I have been very pleased when I walk into this facility. This facility cares for their residents very well and I have never seen anything wrong when walking into the facility. I am quite impressed and wished more facilities to be like Elite Elder Care

My mother stayed in this facility for over a month and it was a bad experience for the whole family! Visitors were made to feel unwelcome, the setting was uncomfortable and worst of all our communication with my mom was restricted. The "onsite hairdresser" touted by this place is really a young daughter of the caretaker who once painted my mom's fingernails with the nails painted alternately yellow and blue, not a good look for a woman in her 80's.
I visited at least once a week during the 5 weeks my mom was there and never saw an activity other than people silently lined up on the couch watching television.
This place pressured my mom into signing herself in with their strong armed sales tactics, held her prisoner when she tried to leave, and would not allow family members communication with her.
When I gave this facility a poor review, they further restricted access to my mom, then kicked her out entirely.

D B

Same person leaving 3 reviews, accussations are all false... pictures are worth a thousand words!

Your loved one deserves better!

"Elite Elder Care" is less exclusive than the name implies. My 82 YO mom tried to escape from this place on her first day there and was found wandering in the rain. It is heartbreaking to have one's own mother who was loved and cared for at home suddenly placed in a facility like this by an uncaring relative and to watch the mental and physical deterioration it is causing. My mom says she does not sleep well anymore, the screams of Altzheimer's afflicted housemates wake her at night. She gets up and rushes to their bedsides, trying to comfort them. The facility's owner was asked by my mom's Dr. to set up a home visit to monitor a medical problem she has, but she failed to do so. Often the phone is not answered when I try to call. Visiting is unpleasant in my mom's cramped room which contains er small bed, chair and a porta-potty. My mom doesn't sleep well anymore and frequently gets confused, calls and wakes us during the wee hours. The facility's employee refuses to limit phone access. I tried to give my mom a piece of cake I baked recently and the facility's employee would not allow me to give it to her, explaining "All food must come from the store so that we know it is wholesome." Although this place claims to accept pets, my mom was not allowed to take any of her pets which include small birds, small dogs and a cat. If you want your loved one to live surrounded by confused elderly people who their families have decided "cannot live at home", then this place will appeal to you!

D B

"Elite Elder Care" is less exclusive ...

My mom says she does not sleep well anymore, the screams of Altzheimer's afflicted housemates wake her at night. She gets up hobbles to their bedsides, trying to comfort them.

The facility's owner was asked by my mom's Dr. to set up a home visit to monitor a medical problem she has, but failed to do so.

Often the phone is not answered when I try to call. Visiting is unpleasant in my mom's cramped room which contains er small bed, chair and a ports-potty.

D B

Elite Elder Care is licensed by the State of California to care for elders who are unable to live alone any longer; This is a beautiful facility with both men and women; We provide meals and activities, along with outings and medication management.