Edward James Retirement Home - Escondido, CA

Review of Edward James Retirement Home

Best care around! wonderful staff & administrator.

Review of Edward James Retirement Home

My mom has been a resident for 5 years and has flourished because it is truly like a home. The staff treats her with the love and care as if she was their own mom.

Review of Edward James Retirement Home

There aren't enough words it's describe how wonderful this home is for our mother who has lived here 3 1/2 years. She has always been cared for like a VIP and all the residents are treated like they are one of their beautiful family members. We are forever grateful and thankful to [name removed] and her staff.

Review of Edward James Retirement Home

Very good care for my mom at this facility.

Review of Edward James Retirement Home

My mother-in-law has been here for about 2 years now. It has been an absolute blessing to have her here knowing that she is being taken care of by an excellent staff. Special occasions are made to feel special which adds to an already family atmosphere by the gentle an wonderful caregivers. Thank you Edward James!

So blessed to have had my mom here

My mom had stayed at two other care homes prior to coming to Edward James. She was so blessed to have found this place. [Name removed] and all of the caregivers treated every resident with such care and sensitivity. The holiday parties were always quite the event withe great food and entertainment. [Name removed] stayed up all night with my mom her last night while she let us get some rest. At 6:00 the next morning, [Name removed] was still with my mom, and at 7:18 at she passed away. I am so thankful that this is where Mama spent the last three years of her life. Mama loved it here and all the caregivers loved her. In fact, they all called her "Nanay", which in Tagalog means "Mother".

Review of Edward James Retirement Home Escondido, CA

As an RCFE administrator I would say this is one of the best RCFE in San Diego County. Keep up the good work Arcy!

[Removed] and her staff care for each resident as if they were family. No matter when I drop in, my mother is dressed, clean, and content. The food is all homemade and delicious. I am thrilled with the care here and highly recommend this home.

[Removed] and her team are some of the kindest, most attentive, and hand working people I know. We’ve tried other places before finding [Removed], and I would not on trust my grandpa to anyone else. [Removed] goes above and beyond, scheduling outings to his favorite places, providing entertainment and parties in the home, and most importantly, making sure he receives great medical care. [Removed] personally manages his records and often accompanies us to appointments. He always receives his medications on time, and with care and love. He’s a person to them and feels like family. [Removed] is simply the best in the industry.

The care of my wife has been outstanding, in caring of her needs, the meals has been excellent, and medication has been on time and as needs my wife feels very comfortable and her health is improving.
Rating – Excellent

My father lives in this board and care and it is truly a wonderful place. The owner [Removed] is an extremely caring person and also very professional and meticulous in how she runs her facility. Her staff is tremendous and kind while giving the needed care and concern to the residents.
Very clean, great food, exceptional care.

I'm glad my wife and & my daughter picked this community for me. The best care I've ever recieved

One of the best decisions I've made. Sine Parkinson's snuck-up on me, my expectations have been exceeded in so many areas; quality of staff, clean linens, maintenance, quality of food, outings, and best of all the caring attitude of everybody involved. To summarize it is a great place!

Clean with caring caregivers, compassionate treatment

My aunt is a guest at this home and is thriving. She is 103 and is doing better than ever.

Great clean home, Wonderful caring and attentive staff. My husband likes it there and everyone is so kind and patient.

Beautiful home. Very clean, nicely decorated, with caring and competent staff. Feels like home! So happy we found this place. I feel comfortable that I can trust the staff & that my mom is happy & safe.

The facilities are very nice and the staff is very interested in the happiness and comfort of the guests. It has a “Homey” feel here.

Excellent property: clean, organized and kind. Aral is a definite benefit to this company. I look forward to many visits.

A real home

Our mom has been at Edward James for 5 years prior to trying 3 other facilities..she is so comfortable here. It is just like home. The caregivers are there for long term, the food is yummy healthy and has variety. My sister and I can stop by at at any time of day and find her well cared for. They treat all residents with love and respect. My mom is 88, has dementia and paralyzed on her right side from a stroke but because of her wonderful care she is in perfect health otherwise. So if you are looking for a safe, loving, positive home for your parent that will let you have complete piece of mind, this is the place for you

A Wonderful place to live~~~

My father was at this facility when it was Abigail's Place and then he left for a year and we brought him back to "his room" under this new ownership. I met the owner Aricel about a year prior at Abigails. She is a a very good owner and I was very impressed by her business savvy but mostly her compassion and dedication to making EdwardJames work, to keep it very personal and focused on incredible patient care. Dad loved it there! They staff was incredible.So loving and so kind and helpful. Meals were very good and love was in the air all the time. Laughter and interaction was constant. He was encouraged to be out in the living area, out of his room as much as possible. His room was clean, HE was clean and he loved his care giver, and she was absolutely precious. I highly recommend this facility from a offspring point of view and as a retired nurse. If I need a place to go I would go there! I looked at a lot of places before I came back to Edward James. The price was average but the care was was above average. Thank you Aricel for caring for my Dad, Wayne.

admin was not there. got q...

admin was not there. got quick tour with on-site caregivers. not impressive.

We are dedicated to quality care or residents, serving all residents with dignity, respect,and compassion.We encourage and support resident independence.Assisting residents to retain the ability to provide self-care is emphasized.We see our residents as whole individuals. In addition to supportive physical care, we feel it is important to assist residents with their spiritual needs as well.Meeting the cultural needs of our residents is important. We shall assist our residents with their activities of daily living while encouraging the highest level of independence as possible. We offer a wide variety of fun and stimulating activities which are appropriate for the cognitive and physical abilities of the residents. Active participation in our activity program is encouraged,however, residents may choose the activities they would like to participate in. Appropriate care plans are followed to meet each resident's unique needs.

Resident's re relaxed and content and are active and engaged in activities. The atmosphere is cheery and homey where residents will enjoy the feeling of being in their own home as opposed to a clinical environment. Residents are alert, well groomed, and clean due to our outstanding care and supervision by our staff. Residents are treated with dignity and respect. Privacy and confidentiality is respected.There is open communication among staff, families and residents.