Meadowview - Escondido, CA

A Better Fit

The community has been great for my parent. They are treated well and feed good meals. It's an older building and it is clean but the external community could be clean up a bit more. I just chose this place because it is smaller and homelike.

Meadowview is in a Quiet Neighborhood

If you're considering Meadowview for your family member, you must be comfortable with the strict rules of the owner. They serve very small portions of food, don't offer seconds, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches are the only option if you don't like the stuffed cabbage or fish dinner. The staff attitude is inconsistent. It's really best if you simply do things their way. I have learned these residents' rights from the state Ombudsman for long term care: a resident can choose their own bedtime, they can choose a different bedtime everyday if they like; staff cannot listen in on resident's calls and report what the resident said on her calls to the owner. On the plus side, it is a quiet neighborhood, they pick up medications at pharmacy, and they provide rides to doctor appointments.

Great place for Dad

Meadowview was just what my 94 year old father needs. The care he is getting is excellent. The staff can not do enough to meet my fathers needs. They are caring and show a sincere interest in my fathers health and well being.
Before living at Meadowview he had little appetite and was pretty depressed. That change in a weeks time. The home cooked meals are perfect for Dad. He is getting stronger each day.
The staff communicate with my sister and I when needed. They continue to ask us how we can make Dad's stay better. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants their loved one to receive top shelf care 24/7.

A Perfect Place for Mom

Meadowview was a God send for me. I needed to find a board and care facility for my Mom who had mobility issues. It was the first facility I toured. I toured many other facilities but they could not compare to Meadowview. When I walked through the door for the first time, a sense of calm came over me. It was the perfect place for my Mom. I loved the feeling of "home" whenever I visited. The staff and owners are wonderful. My Mom really enjoyed being there. Sadly, she passed away recently. If you are looking for a place for your loved one, you need to check out Meadowview. I am so glad that A Place for Mom gave me a referral. Meadowview is the perfect place.

The Right Choice

The facility is nice and they have separate rooms with a private bathroom. I like the ability for my aunt to be able to go outside and enjoy the outdoors in a protected area. I like the group sponsored activities. It seems like they are very willing to work with everybody. It was the right choice that we made to have her there.

They are really good at taking care of their patients, but right now they are short handed, so I think sometimes things fall through the cracks. I would say that their overall care there is good and I would recommend it to someone else.

Nice looking residential style community

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for my loved one. This is a smaller, residential style community, and after touring a few of them in the area I found that I really liked this style of a more homey atmosphere, and focused individual care. While I did not end up selecting this community, it is definitely worth a look for anyone looking in to senior care in the area!

They are fantastic.

They are fantastic. Everyone there is wonderful. They take care of her Alzheimer's and dementia care, too. She is happier and we are happier. I haven't heard any complaints about the food, it looks good and smells good. Once the doors open they are only allowed to speak English, so the residents don't feel confused or left out. There are two people that live downstairs so it's twenty-four hour care. They even came with a truck and helped us move her bedroom furniture, for no charge. They are always polite, and they are good about calling us, and their mobile doctor is great. We are very happy with them, if it was one to a hundred, they would get 100!!

Going Pretty Well

So far it's been going pretty well. It's an adjustment but the facility has been really good. I think the only negative is they all go to their rooms very early in the evening and my mom finds it a little confining to be in her room but I think that would be the case anywhere. Two of the residents are pretty incapacitated, if you will, and my mother is still quite mobile so she wants to do more stuff even if it's just going for a walk or outside and that's hard to do when you have some people who are not up to it. Again, I think that would be the case anywhere.

Director met us at the door and had u...

Director met us at the door and had us use some hand sanitizer before we entered - good practice! He introduced us to all the residents and gave us a thorough tour. All caregivers spoke English and were easy to understand. They had a large dining room as well as a smaller one and a nice large family room. Each bedroom was private with its own bath. They had a nice main bathroom for showers. The exterior was nice equipped with a gazebo in the backyard with a ramp. He said they take the residents up there after lunch. They also have a nice wrap-around balcony that they can go out on with a bench. The medication cabinet was extremely orderly and they had several different menus they followed. This is an excellent fit for my mom!

Meadowview Senior Living Center is a quality nursing and rehabilitation center located in Montrose in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania - the home of beautiful Salt Springs State park. Meadowview Senior Living Center is known for having a full and caring staff providing services that your loved one will need including nursing, dietary services, social services, physician services, and therapy services. The Licensed nurses at Meadowview are available 24 hours a day, and services include restorative nursing programs and individualized treatment plans. At Meadowview, senior living is enhanced with all the great activities available. The activities at Meadowview are designed with seniors' physical and mental health in mind. There are many activities available every month including ones that include physical activity like morning stretching exercises, basketball, balloon toss games, and gardening. There are also activities for fun and entertainment like afternoon movies, cooking classes, arts and crafts, and social outings. Assisted living at Meadowview is also enhanced by the extensive therapy options available including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Physical health and mobility are very often a concern for seniors. The physical therapy services available at Meadowview include muscle strengthening and coordination, balance, and endurance training. Occupational therapy offerings further attend to your loved one's health with muscle re-education, pain management techniques, therapy helping the range of motion in the joints, and daily living skills training. In addition to the more formal therapy options available at Meadowview, residents also enjoy services to relax and rejuvenate like aromatherapy. The amenities at Meadowview also include private and semi-private rooms available, a newly remodeled spacious dining room, a comfortable common living area, on-site hairdresser and barber, and laundry and housekeeping services.