Edenton Retirement Community - Frederick, MD

Positive Staff

My father is well here at this community. This is a nice community, and I'am comfortable with his move to this community. They have a nice staff, they are taking good care of him, and his needs. The staff is very positive. There are activities offered for the residents when they are ready to participate. He seems pleased with the meals. They are providing him with good care, and I would recommend this community.

This place has improved my uncles quality of life!!

My loved one is genuinely very happy with his new apartment that he just moved into. It really has a nice layout and all of his furniture fit nicely in it. The maintenance team was also very kind to come hang all a lot of his belongings up on his wall since he was not able to do it himself . I personally like the fact that the staff members took the time when he first moved in to check on him multiple times and too makes sure that all his needs where being met. This place has really improved his quality of life, even though they are an independent living facility they provide a lot of extra amenities to there residents. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Very nice place!

Edenton Retirement Community has done an excellent job overall, I'd give them top marks across the board! It is a nice looking, clean place, and the people here are all very friendly. I would recommend it to other families looking into senior living in the area.

Excellent

My experience and my mother's has been excellent. They are very caring and personable.
The residents and staff were very friendly and continue to be. My Mom has made good friends
and enjoys the services and activities. Their policies and services are flexible and individualized,
perhaps because they are a small complex. My mother had lived in the same town for 50 years,
so this move was very challenging for her. She has adapted better than I ever dreamed.

Attentive and caring staff

Things are going very well at Edenton Retirement Community! We really love the staff, everyone is very friendly and caring. The head nurse in particular has been very attentive, and helped us get a few things worked out with our loved ones medications. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here. She even loves the food!

Edenton Retirement Community

As the daughter I now have peace of mind knowing that my mother is being checked on multiple times each day, eating, taking her medications and making it to her medical appointments. She is continually being assessed to see if she needs extra assistance.

Did not like the feel

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. Based on what I saw during the tour I was not a fan of this one. It just had a very clinical feel, blank walls, and just a cold feeling overall. I didn't feel like it was somewhere my loved one would be comfortable.

Very happy with this place

We're very pleased with this community so far! It's a very nice looking place, and the staff are all friendly and helpful. I like the way the community is arranged, the more independent residents can have studio apartment type set-ups which are not attached to the main building, but they have the option to move over there if their care needs increase.

Wonderful Place for Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care

I have lived in this community for nearly a year now. i am in a very comfortable Independent Living Cottage, and my husband is in an Assisted Living center for Memory Care residents. I am able to visit him every day, and participate in the many and varied activities provided for the Independent Living Residents as well as the activities in his unit. The staff are loving and caring and have wonderful patience. It seems to me they have been given a special gift from God to deal with the various individual needs of the residents. It is a wonderful place - small enough to feel like a cohesive community rather than being just a number among many.

basic menu: bologna sandwic...

basic [removed] bologna sandwich for lunch activities not inspiring, games, shopping trips, lunch at restaurant

The setting isn't as bucoli...

The setting isn't as bucolic as Sunrise or Tranquility; Crestwood Blvd. has a pretty high level of traffic. The interior of the AL bldg. I saw was not as warm as either Tranquility or Sunrise, but it was clean and very bright. Edenton's fees were somewhat intimidating, but appear to be in the ballpark, so to speak. I like the assignment of dedicated caregivers to specific sections of Edenton. That way people get to know the caregivers. It appears that some residents will need to walk outdoors to get to the dining area. This could discourage my Mother. Residents would also need to walk outdoors to the main activity room. The medical and support infrastructure sounds very good. The rooms were unexpectedly large, even the Studio rooms. That's a very good thing. I believe a microwave and refrigerator were included in the Studio and bedroom, and that's a plus. The refrigerator was not included at Tranquility. Bathrooms were generous in size. Once again, I could feel comfortable with my Mother there.

Very old and run down.

Very old and run down.

This sounds adequate. But, a bit pricy.

This sounds adequate. But, a bit pricy.

Thumbs Up for Edenton.

Thumbs Up for Edenton.

Wonderfully well rounded living arran...

Wonderfully well rounded living arrangements. From independent to assisted living, all needs seem to be met. Though many years in operation, I actually thought it was a new complex. Certainly a top runner in considering a place for our mother!

Close by in Ballenger Creek Best pri...

Close by in Ballenger Creek Best price is 2 level townhouse (stairs) Flexible options for meals etc.

Great location, loved the people (Dir...

Great location, loved the people (Director was wonderful and so helpful). Assisted Living was a little too clinical for Mom, dementia patience so much more advanced. Independent Living was not enough care--and not covered by insurance.

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting Edenton...

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting Edenton, I loved the location, the layout of the Apts, options and access to shops. Oh, the director was wonderful, she made the trip. She was warm, knowledgeable and showed the project. Thanks to you.

Shows promise

Shows promise

Since 1989, Edenton has been a unique residential rental community for older adults who want to remain as independent as possible, as well as those who may require some help with daily living. Our warm and friendly atmosphere is one that residents enjoy and their families appreciate, knowing that their loved ones are well cared for, comfortable, and safe.

Edenton offers a variety of settings, including independent living, assisted living, and dementia care assisted living to provide an affordable continuum of care. With a wide range of services from which to choose, Edenton is more than a place to hang your hat – it’s home.

Our community includes 76 attractive cottages with ground floor entrances that can be modified for wheelchair accessibility. Each cottage has its own kitchen with appliances, porch and front lawn area. Each has a washer/dryer hookup. We have five different floor plans, and you may decorate your cottage to suit your taste, furnishing it with your own furniture and personal belongings.

Whether you want independent living, or independent living with a little extra, we strive to meet your needs in the comfort of your independent cottage.  Enhancing your independence is always our first priority.