Eagle Crest - Myrtle Beach, SC

Beautiful place with friendly staff who seem to enjoy what they do. Very well maintained and appointed. This is apartment dwelling in a 3 story building. All independent living accommodations. My only comment is the high cost of the community fee and the screening fee. The screening fee seems redundant in regard to the one time community fee of $3650.00. Of those senior living facilities I've visited, this was by far the most expensive one time fee.

Sales rep answered all my questions. Am waiting to schedule a time for a mother to see the facility but she may not be ready to move for 1-2 yrs. Would need to sell her condo, etc. Just want to know my options.

View Is Wonderful

I really like living here. I have a wonderful apartment very spacious and the view I have is wonderful so pretty. The staff is very nice here very friendly and helpful. I have done some activities but until I get my apartment fully setup I am holding off on doing more activities. The food, for the most part, is very good there are some meals that I don't care for but that is to be expected.

Working Great

I'am pleased with my move to this community. It is a nice facility with kind people. Everything is working out great.

A residents complains

The management can be quite rude and does not address the concerns of the residents especially when it comes to the food served. There have been numerous meetings with residents voicing their complaints but the quality of the food has not changed There is a cook, not a chef, the food is processed , not made from scratch, with little concern for nutrition , especially for diabetics. The residents help each other and the majority are very nice. The cleaning staff and food servers do a good job. The apartments and grounds are very nice. Too bad about the food and the effort of management to "save money". Not sure that I will stay here when my contract ends.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while I'm very happy to hear you say our staff is doing a great job, and that the apartments and grounds are very nice, I am very sorry to hear you feel we have not addressed the concerns of residents. I'd like to sincerely thank you for sharing this feedback with us, and invite you to connect with us directly so we can learn and speak more about these, and any other concerns you may have. We strive to deliver an exceptional experience for all our seniors and their families, and anytime a resident or their family member feels otherwise, or expresses that we've fallen short of achieving that goal, is a time for us to reflect on how we can better improve. Please, at your convenience get in touch with us, either directly via phone at [removed], or by email at [removed]. Thanks again for reaching out; we look forward to connecting with and hearing from you soon. -Katie

Very Accommodating!!

My aunt has been at the Eagle Crest for a few days. As of the moment everything has been going fine. The staff are very accommodating and attentive. We have had a meal there, and there is a wide variety everything is really good. There are a lot of activities offered. My aunt most importantly feels comfortable and safe.

Review of Eagle Crest - Myrtle Beach, SC

Without a whole lot to compare with let me say how surprisingly bright clean comfortable and reasonable the units not to speak of Helen and Shirley were. Outstanding.

We couldn't be happier

Excellent Place

I thought that it was a really excellent place. The value was very good. The only thing I thought there could be more of is activities, like ff-campus and outside ones. There could also maybe be a little bit more healthier foods as well.

Great social environment, bring value to life with socialization

My parents seem to be enjoying the Eagle Crest, this place provides a great social environment for my parents where they are able to talk and do things. They provide 2 meals a day. Any time we need something they are willing to do it. The services they are provide are at a high level. The community itself bring value to life with socialization with a lot of interaction.

very very friendly

Eagle Crest seemed to have a lot of activities. The staff were very very friendly. They were really helpful also. We did not end up not choosing this facility. It was really nice though. There is more of a selection where my mother lives, that is why I rated the value a little lower.

think this would be the perfect place if we can get mom to agree to move to SC

Friendly staff, tour could have been more informative

I think they do a good job at Eagle Crest, when we toured the staff were all very cordial, polite, and professional. However, I really think when they give you the tour they should show you a furnished room as an example, we were only able to see an empty apartment which doesn't really give you a sense of the space.

Review of Eagle Crest Independent Living in Myrtle Beach, SC

We just came home from our 'free' weekend at Eagle Crest. This is where we would love to live out the rest of our days. We need to get the financial end of it handled and then we will be ready.

Independent Living at Eagle Crest

Although my loved one has not officially started living here, Eagle Crest gave us trial stay with room and board at no cost. It was a great way to experience the living environment and other residents that live there. It is immaculately clean, and beautifully landscaped. The entire staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating, not only with us, but with all the people that lived there. They seem to have an abundance of things going on to help keep the people active and engaged.
Kyle, one of the managers, went out of his way to show us the area and everything Eagle Crest had to offer. There was no hard sell, just genuine caring in trying to find the best fit in living arrangements. If Eagle Crest was not the right fit, there are about 300 other facilities around the country that offer the same amenities for an all inclusive price to fit anyone's need looking for this type of living, You also have the ability to stay at any of the other facilities for vacations or they will arrange accommodations for a resident's guest.
It is within a mile of the beach and within a mile of Broadway at the Beach so there are many things in the area to do. My loved on is anxiously waiting to move in next month.

Great,but pricey

Great,but pricey

Eagle Crest The Best

Eagle Crest has made a difference in my and my husbands life. We don't stress food preparation, houskeeping, finding friends. We feel safe and secure everyday.

Very nice place!

They've done an excellent job here so far! The employees are wonderful people, and they do a great job making sure that the residents are as comfortable as possible. The facility itself is very nice looking, and always clean. I've also had the chance to eat here with my loved one a few times and the food has been delicious.

Eagle Crest is a very happy place.

We are very happy with the staff and activities offered.

What a wonderful surprise!

If I had not contacted A Place for Mom, then I would never have found Eagle Crest. I had only been looking at assisted living facilities for my father. He really needed an independent living community but we thought he would not be able to afford it plus we were not aware that it qualified for VA's Aid & Attendance benefit. Not only did it qualify but it was also less expensive than the assisted living facility where he was living. My father is much happier, more alive, and enjoying the food much more than we thought possible. I wish we had known about Eagle Crest three years ago.

Nice atmosphere and very friendly re...

Nice atmosphere and very friendly residents. Everyone seems to really enjoy living at Eagle Crest. Many residents have been there 7-9 years.

Eagle Crest has been a blessing.

Mom has been at Eagle Crest 7 months now, and she loves it there. Everyone is very friendly, her room is lovely, and they keep it clean. The meals are great and they have great activities to keep her entertained and busy.

It is the perfect situation for this time of her life.

Both her life and our lives are better for it.

Staff is very kind and responsive. L...

Staff is very kind and responsive. Looking forward to my mother living in this clean and open community. Building is in a central area close to a good network of doctors and hospitals. Most shopping, pharmacy, religious centers and doctors offices are within 5 minutes of the facility.

studio 2300-2600 1bed 2900-...

studio 2300-2600 1bed 2900-3600 2 bed 3700-4300 add 625 for addl person

I really liked Eagle Crest...

I really liked Eagle Crest as did my folks. My concern is how soon the need may be for assisted living which would need to be contracted with a third party. The facility is beautiful and a great environment for socialization which my folks really need. The staff is awesome.. I'm leaning toward this.

They're getting dad involved

It's very, very clean, being that it's independent living, they don't give you a whole lot of care but what they do is very good. They do make meals, three times a day and there's plenty of snacks set out for them when they need it and if they have any issues the staff is always ready to help. He's had a little problem getting lost because it's so big but everyone's been very nice and helping him get to his room, they clean once a week and that's very good also. He's been getting involved in the activities and he really likes his room, it might be a little pricey but I think it's fair. He's only been there about 2 and a half weeks but I haven't found any difficulties. I have to go everyday to give him his insulin but it's not so bad for me because I work right around the corner. The activities director encourages him to get involved and because the people are more independent they'll come and get him, usually women, because they want him to get involved.

Mom's doing really well here

Mom seems to be doing well and she's liking it there. From what I saw of them when i went Memorial weekend and from moms feedback, it's great. The staff was wonderful, she was very nice and I was a little surprised that I haven't heard any follow up or feedback from them since, but they must just be busy. My mom said they've been helping her hang pictures and have been really helpful with things like that. The same identical services here in New England would ahve been 1500 more so the value is great. She loves the activities, they have trivia and spelling games and they take them out so she likes that.
She seems to be doing pretty good there, it's brighter, its more open and it's much more positive.

What a beautiful, bright, c...

What a beautiful, bright, clean environment! Julie is a quite a salesperson. If B went anywhere, it would be here.

If I was old enough I'd pack up and go live here!

I do not have much to rate the Care Services on but I have had two wonderful meals at Eagle Crest. The food is delightful and they have lots of wonderful choices. It is a phenomenal place. The staff is incredible, on a scale of 1 to 5 they get a 10 for friendliness. The whole staff is just excellent. The Managers are very cooperative and have taken care of all my requests. It has stuff nearby, like restaurants, which my mom likes. The facility is absolutely gorgeous it looks like the inside of a cruise ship! They offer a variety of activities for all residents, with varying capabilities.

Mom (age 90) lived here Mar.2011-Jan.2012

This is an independent community, which means you get no help whatsoever. It is basically a glorified hotel that serves meals. Food was very good. Very clean and attractive.
We were told before moving in that someone would check on Mom if she didn't show for a meal. This was a lie. She could have been dead in her room and no one would have found her until the maid came by for the weekly cleaning.
This was a huge disappointment to my Mom who moved here from Ohio to be closer to me from an Independent Living situation that was quite different from this. We did ask all the right questions, but the salesman's answers are usually different from reality.
Activities were available, but my Mom didn't care for most of them. Exercise was only available as someone starting a DVD and leaving the room unattended for the seniors to figure it out for themselves. Mom hated this.
There is a cord to pull for help in your room, but if you pull it no one helps you. Management calls for an ambulance and you are whisked off to the Emergency Room at Grand Strand Hospital. The one time this happened to Mom, the facility didn't call me for 4 hours to let me know this happened. By the time I got there, Mom was terrified and the doctors confused.
My [removed] Know what level of care you need and go one facility higher. We should have skipped this facility and gone to Assisted Living.

Thought it was very nice. At one poin...

Thought it was very nice. At one point Mom said she didn't think she would move that far, however, she now says she is still thinking about it so I really do not know about this property. The family does not want her to move that far away since we are all here in the Richmond area.

One of the nation’s most popular tourist draws, now you’ll be able to call Myrtle Beach home all year round. Conveniently located in the town’s center, you’re in luck if you like mild weather, miles of sandy beaches, golf, dining opportunities and exciting shopping.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind