The Woods at Holly Tree - Wilmington, NC

THE BEST OUT THERE!

AWESOME PLACE!~ Five star all the way from the staff to the food to the beauty of the art work in hall way. The residents are peaceful. They are happy with activities and socialization. There is alot to do and the energy there was 100% positive! The residents are as family, there is this spirit in the place of love and caring. My husband and I are very well traveled and been around quite a bit. This place made me feel like I was home! I was at such peace there. I am so grateful to have this wonderful home for him!

Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Facility was very pretty and clean. Nice amenities. Very impressed with everything.

The community was nice but the building was older and somewhat outdated. They offered adequate services at a reasonable price. Staff and residents were very friendly.

We like this community

They offer a lot of activities at this community. Dad likes the exercise equipment and classes they offer. The food is fine and they offer a variety of choices. The staff are wonderful and supportive of dad's needs. They help him to stay as independent as possible. I would recommend this community.

My mother's care

I like this community for the good care that my mom is getting from the nice staff. I have had meals with my mom and the meals are acceptable for the needs of the residents. The community is clean and I like knowing that she is involved with the other residents. I would recommend the care and the value of this community to other famlies.

Good place for elderly

Friendly staffs, excellent customer service, clean environment

When I arrived for my tour, I was early. The representative quizzed me regarding my financial situation and then gave me a folder, told me I'd be better off at Lake Shore Commons and showed me the door. No tour. No lunch, as initially promised. I was not impressed.

These folks were so nice to give me a buzz during the hurricane to ask if I needed anything, makes me think they really care about people.

Newly moved in

Our mother moved there one month ago, and while she is still getting adjusted, we feel relieved of some of the worries we had about her living alone. The staff has been very friendly and extremely accommodative to her needs. So far, so good!

Visit and tour were very nice. The rooms were spacious and the amenities appeared appropriate for the price. The location was good.

5 stars for the staff!!

My Father in law has been at The Woods at Holly Tree for only a short time and while he has not yet participated in the activities there are plenty of them for the residents to enjoy. I had the opportunity to share a meal with him and while I thought the food was ok he did not seem to like it. The entire staff is friendly and helpful and the community is very well maintained. I am hoping that once my Father in law has settled in he will then become more involved in the community.

Wonderful place!

This facility has been wonderful for my Mom! The "live-in" couples that are there to manage there are truly caring and go beyond the call of duty. They also have a good sense of humor about them as they go about their day; that makes the atmosphere very positive.

I have eaten some meals there myself and the food is very good. The employees that serve the residents are kind and patient even to the folks that can be a bit challenging to deal with.

The Woods at Holly Tree is two stories with elevators or stairs. The pictures show it well with lots of light shining in the windows. Not depressing like some other places can be.

I wouldn't hesitate to go in for a visit and see for yourself.

So far it seems to be fine. It's a big adjustment. They got everything we asked for in the room, together and done, before they moved in. The food seems to be pretty good, but they could use a little more variety. They have activities and entertainment should they decide they want to go. So far it's been okay, no major complaints, or concerns.

A Good Experience So Far

I really can't think of anything they could improve on. The food in particular is excellent. My mother loves her apartment, which is in a convenient location on the first floor with a back door to the outside. This is a very pet friendly community, which is very important to my mother, as she is able to have her dog and cat there. So far my mother seems to be very happy there.

Our hostess was Kim, who gave us a great tour and explained all about their facility. Kim rated a five star person. The units are antiquated inasmuch as the heat/air-conditioning is a hotel type window unit in the living room. There is no unit in the bedrooms; however a round vent is installed in the wall between the BR and LR, which is supposed to furnish the heat and air. Very inadequate. Overall, it is highly overpriced for the facilities they offer. Their yearly price increase is estimated at a 5% increase, much higher that the overall inflation indexes.

It is really great here

Everything about the Woods @ Holly Tree is fantastic.
There are extra services available for all needs small or large. The clients who reside there all have good comments about the place.....their only complaint is that breakfast is being served too early @ 8am....but all the meals are great.

Review of The Woods at Holly Tree Independent Living in Wilmington, NC

The staff were very nice and helpful. I was sorry there were not many residents about.

I've had a very good experience with ...

I've had a very good experience with The Woods at Holly Tree. The facility is very nice. I'm pleased with the cleanliness of the place, and the friendliness of staff there. They provide good care. The food is pretty good. The service with the food could be better in my mother's opinion (the way the servers serve).

I took my mother to look at the facil...

I took my mother to look at the facility and stay over night on our way to fl for vacation. She did not want to make the move to Wilmington until she saw the facility and the wonderful staff and residents who live there. We rented her room on the spot and she can't wait to move in on the Aug. 9th

Nice place, overall

Overall they do a good job at The Woods at Holly Tree. It's a nice looking place, and everyone seems very friendly. My loved one moved from another community that did a much better job in terms of activities and outings, so that has been a bit of a letdown for her, and an area they could definitely improve on.

Very nice people and facili...

Very nice people and facility. Mother loves it!

More expensive than other options

It was nice, but it was more expensive and it just didn't seem to have as much going on or provide as much, it did seemed clean and there was no smell.

Mom is doing really well, she's very ...

Mom is doing really well, she's very happy there and we're happy that she's happy; so so far, so good!

Fancy with Lots of Activities

We looked at Holly Tree. It was very nice. It just too fancy for my dad though. They had all kinds of activities there. They had a pool table, bingo, they just had a big list of everything the offered.

Woods at Holly Tree

Mother moved in almost 2 months ago and loves it. The food is excellent and her apartment is just right for her (1 bedroom). She is enjoying the company of neighbors and likes that everyone is friendly. Lots of smiles. It offers just what Mother needs.

I'm satisfied.

I'm over here and I'm satisfied. My room is perfectly clean and every week they're cleaning something! They're very friendly. All these places are costly so how do you compare? Compared to some of the others this is a little less. This is not assisted living. The meals are pretty good but I don't get up on a daily basis to go up and get them. I usually use my microwave and have something in my room. I don't participate in a lot of the activites because some of the medical issues I have prevent me. I do simple ones where I can sit down. They have a beautiful walk around this place. It's very scenic.

NULL

NULL

The facility was clean and open. The ...

The facility was clean and open. The rooms we saw were centrally located though many rooms were further away from the dining room. Dad could spend a weekend there to "try it out" - I need to ask the cost of such a stay. I didn't ask about the personal care aspect concerning medications. We did talk about the monitoring of the residents. All meals are included. Need to ask about the cost. Although I think that that was covered on the webpage. They bus the residents around frequently and organize outings to the malls, theatre, Southport. There are substantially more women then men. The retired military are showcased in the dining hall. One bedroom apartments can have a tub. The rooms seem bigger than Pomparaug Woods. Railings are in the hallways. Nice grounds.I need to follow up and start the paperwork on the VA benefit.

Located in a quiet suburb of the bustling town of Wilmington, you’ll love coming home to a calm and friendly environment in the heart of it all. We’re close to excellent shopping and first-class medical facilities, and the region offers many unique and interesting attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind