Lake Shore Commons - Wilmington, NC

92 and happy in my new loving community

Big Hug and huge thank you to A Place For Mom!!!!!
I was at my wits end sitting at a table at McDonalds
In Wilmington,NC , with my 92 yr old Dementia Mom
Having a fit and me saying we are not leaving here until
We find you a place, Low and behold I came across
The phone number for A Place For Mom!
Her voice was so soothing and positive I just listened
And followed her directions . Within 40 minutes we were booked to look at 2 places that afternoon.!,,
Lake Shore Commons was the winner. I said to my mom
Holding both of her hands Is this what you want?
She said it would be a dream come true. There was one
Studio left and I looked at [name removed] and I’ll take it!!
We all held hands and prayed. We will make this work
In Jesus’ name , total leap of faith,,!!!!!
We are sooooo happy. thank you Jesus

Lake Shore review.

It is a lovely setting with spacious grounds. The folks are friendly ; both the residents and staff. A good many activities planned to include outings. The food is delicious and nutritious with several choices. Nice lounges and a cozy library. Convenient to medical facilities. It’s a perfect choice for my mother.

Everyone was nice- facility was clean. Very impressed with everything

Holiday Marketing

Hi there! Thank you so much for providing us with feedback on your recent tour of Lake Shore Commons. We are glad to hear that everything went well and hope to see you in our community soon!

Very nice community. The facility is older but appeared clean and well maintained. Geared more for independent living but did offer a wide range of services at a reasonable price for residents requiring more resources.

Godsend

Everyone, from administration to residents made Mom feel welcomed. It waa ao good to see her smiling! I believe that God led us to the right place for her for sure.

A great community and staff. We toured the community on April 25, 2017. Definitely a place to call home. Unfortunately my sister is not ready to relocate.

Care for loved ones

I toured this community for care for my mom. The staff was very helpful and caring. They answered all my questions for the care that is offered here. I was happy with the meals that were offered from the menu. It is a clean community and offers a lot of great activities. I would recommend family looking for a great community to see this for themselves.

They were very nice. I would consider living here.

Great Place for my home

I really like living in this community. The staff have been very helpful and caring. There was a situation that is improving with the maintenance people. My service dog is a great always here for me and there was a situation that was handled incorrectly, but has improved. The offer great activities and alot of great people to help stay active. I like the food and the variety. I would highly recommend others to live at this wonderful community.

Visit and tour were very nice. The rooms were spacious and the amenities appeared appropriate for the price.

A Good Move

So far it has been a good experience for my father here at this community. I don't live in the same state, but I know he is in good hands. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing him with. This is a good community. This was a good move for my father.

A Wonderful Community For My Mom

The care has been great for my mom. She is living in a clean community and the staff are loving and caring. The staff are also responsive and always looking for suggestions to make it better. There are many and lots of activities to get involved in. My mom is often busy with her activities. This place amazes me everyday!

Great place out of price range not sure mom would go

A comfortable place for mom

A great community to my mom to live in. The food good. My mom does not like to participate at this time in activities. She seems to be happy there and treated very well by everyone. We are happy with the services that they are providing for us. We would recommend it for others.

The facility is very clean - there are many great activities

FIL

When we moved my father in law in, his kitchen cabinets and bathroom drawers and cabinet clearly had not been wiped out since the prior resident. It was kind of gross. But beyond that, the room had a new carpet and had been newly painted. The rest of the facility was very clean, dinning room is beautiful.

Totally Happy

The staff is just phenomenal. They take care of the residents as best as can be done. They are friendly and attentive. They know the residents' needs. I can not think of any improvements. I am totally happy with them.

Worth the visit if You're looking for retirement community

There were very helpful and open to any and all questions I had. Better than that, they were not pushy. I had limited budget and up front monies so they worked with me to help get my mother the best thing for her and her situation.

Great place for Mom

The staff, atmosphere, facilities are all super. I found this to be the perfect place for Mom. The only things I'd change is the kitchen cabinets are really outdated and the outside porch area would be better screened in. They made everything as painless as possible during move in and were extremely helpful frim start to finish.

They don't seem to have enough activities.

They don't seem to have enough activities. They don't really reach out and show him how to get involved. It just seems like he is there. The activities also seem to be more geared towards the ladies. The food is okay, he isn't all that thrilled, there is plenty of it. The staff has been wonderful and the place is clean. They were one of the more reasonably priced places.

Nice

Lake Shore Commons

My mom has memory problems and she needs reminders for meds and showering. She is able to live at Lake Shore with in house assistance. She loves to have her dog and her furniture. The staff is supportive and kind. She could use more reminders on activities. She cannot manage a calender so she misses activities unless another resident reminds her.

Great option for independent living

My mom has lived here for 1 month and is very pleased with most of the meals in the dining room. Housekeeping is great to have. The management staff are friendly and helpful. The view out of her 4th floor studio apartment is very nice with trees. She's met some nice residents to have lunch with. My mom is 83 and I'm so happy she's in a safe place with other seniors she can relate to. There are 2 washers and dryers located in a room by the elevators on each floor. There's a transport bus for doctors appointments and shopping which is great because my mom doesn't drive. There's a salon on the 3rd floor which is so convenient. I'm so glad my mom is happy here and can still have an independent lifestyle.

Review of Lake Shore Commons Independent Living in Wilmington, NC

The staff were very nice and helpful. The residents appeared to be very social and were sitting in many of the common areas in groups talking. It made me feel like they got out and were not isolated in their apts. There also appeared to be more men than I saw at The Woods and they were very friendly.

My experience with Lake Shore Commons...

My experience with Lake Shore Commons has been good. I'm enjoying it. The staff is friendly and caring. They have different activities almost everyday. I really enjoy it here.

Very nice overall

This space has been pretty nice for my mother so far. There is a wide variety of activities for the residents and the community spaces are nice. The residents and staff are very nice as well, they were introducing themselves to us from day one. I have some concerns with the food -- my mother has some specific needs, and they do not seem to be providing many options for her to accommodate those needs. Also, there is only one elevator for the facility, and that presents an issue of convenience and also of safety to me. Otherwise, the place is nice.

Mom is so much more active

My mom's really happy there, well, she likes the fact that everybody's so friendly and the food is GOOD and the managers are REALLY great. Last week I went over there almost every night because she was getting settled in and I was really surprised about how good the food was.
If you want to be busy you can be busy all the time, they have everything from bingo to movies to opera nights to shuttles that will take them places and mom's been signing up for stuff and I was amazed. She had an apartment before and she she pretty much kept to herself and now she's going out all the time, it's like she has a new lease on life.

Nice Place but it Didn't Work Out

It just seems like we didn't' get much understanding about the situation. It was just too much money and he only stayed there one month. It was on the 3rd that we put in his notice but since it wasn't on the first we had to pay for the whole next month that he wasn't there.

We moved him out because he wanted to get out of there. He didn't like the people there. I think it was the other residents he didn't like. They were in the different frame of mind that he is - he's a loner. He just didn't mix. It was just a personality conflict - it wasn't their fault.

Food Quality Has Really Declined

They're very friendly there. I don't know how much it is to run a place like that but I do believe that they are overpriced because their quality has gone down. My parents have been there a year and they used to have really good meals. Now they are using cheaper meat - looks like stuff I would throw in the trash can when I trim my meat. I just think that for people who spend thousands of dollars a month the quality could be better. They should get a sandwich that is more than just bread and meat. They can't put some lettuce and vegetables on it?

The activities are good. They have sing alongs, comedy night, movies. They play Wii, have excercise classes, knitting and crocheting classes. They have their country store and different little fairs and outside entertainment.

Sister Community

I think it's like a sister community to The Woods At Holly Tree but it's older.

We liked it as much as the other plac...

We liked it as much as the other place but there seemed fewer residents in wheelchairs or walkers. This place has tubs available in its one bedrooms. She just liked the feel of it. They also have a nurse on staff to take care of any medical needs on an as you need it basis. They could take her to any of her singing venues again on an as needed basis.

NULL

NULL

Toured and did not want meals or hous...

Toured and did not want meals or houskeeeping

Located in a quiet, beautiful section of Wilmington near the city’s center, you’ll love your peaceful home in the heart of town. We’re minutes from healthcare shopping, dining and many interesting attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind