[Name removed] was a great guide for us at both Durham Regent and Emerald Pond. A room at either may be an ultimate solution!!

Very pleasant staff, everyone was super friendly. Rooms seem nice. Like the balconies except the views. Perfect area for us.

Zero stars-horrible visit. My appointment was confirmed and I arrived 15 minutes early only to find an empty reception area. While I waited in the reception area, I heard two very loud voices coming from an upper floor and based upon the conversation they were staff members. After waiting another 10 minutes, I went to another floor where I found two staff members. Neither employee asked if I needed help, so I introduced myself and told them the purpose of my visit. The assistant manager than jumped up from her chair and introduced herself. She apologized and told me that she was not aware of my scheduled visit; however, she proceeded to try to help me.

I was shown two apartments but not the entire complex. In one hallway there was debris on the floor. When I commented about the mess, the assistant indicated that she didn’t know why it was there. No attempts were made at that time to ensure that the debris was removed. I was given a brochure about the community but no other information. I asked a couple of questions, but left feeling that I had wasted my time. The assistant apologized several times.

After the appointment, I received a call from the general manager asking how I enjoyed my visit. I gave her an honest answer and she assured me that she would address the problem with the assistant manager. It appears the assistant didn’t check the schedule and that’s why she wasn’t aware of my visit. The GM asked if she could personally show me the facility and I politely declined.

Everything always works out for the best... I had a good opportunity to see how the facility operated when senior management is not around. So to everyone who is looking for a place for mom- drop by the facility unannounced to see how it really operates.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us an honest review. We're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at Durham Regent. Please know we have communicated your experience with the community and look forward to improving for future guests. Please reach out to us if you would like another tour of our property. We would love to show you how we are helping older independent people live better. Thank you!

Good Fit

My dad is doing good living here. He is starting to make friends and interacting with residents at mealtime. He is not doing the activities by choice it's not his thing. The staff is very friendly and nice. He is liking the food. The community is very nice and well maintained. Dads room is very spacious he is very comfortable in it.

Nice Tour!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our visit and made sure to provide us with lots of helpful information. I liked the open floor plan and great amenities they had for all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision for my mother.

This would have been a good fit

Durham Regent wasn't as active but did allow smokers. The staff was helpful in answering all our questions and the surrounds were pleasant maybe in hind sight, this community may have been a better fit for my sister-in-law.

No complaints

I have no complaints of the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them it was just not the right fit in the end decision.

My sister move to Durham Regent one week ago after being alone for four years. Needless to say the move was hard for her. Since she has been at Durham Regent she has made remarkable changes. She is walking to the dinning room three times a day where she wasn't walking much at all prior to the move. She compliments the chef and wait staff for their constant effort to satisfy the requests of the people living there. The socialization that had been missing in her life is so good for her. She seems to be very happy for the first time in a long time.

Thank everyone involved in the move and helping her to be comfortable, safe and happy.

Awesome Community

My mother is doing quite well since her move to this community. We are very pleased with all they have done for us. All the staff members are great, and very helpful. The community looks clean, and very well-kept. This is a lovely community, and I would recommend it.

Helpful Staff!!

i thought this community had a lot of great amenities throughout the building as well maintained. The staff where very friendly and had a lot of great information to give my loved one and I. They made sure to answer any questions we had for them and even offered us a meal to try. The only issue that I had ran into was they where not very budget friendly and they where out of our price range.

I Am Getting What I Need

It seems like most of the people are in their 80's but I am doing fine. I also find that they don't have wheelchair accessible vehicles for any outings so I haven't been out yet. On another note, it's nice a nice place and the staff are very attentive. It has a central dining room that is close to my room and the food is okay.

Great care and comfort

I am happy with the care of this community. The staff is caring and very attentive. The activities are good and she is staying active and that is very good to know. The community is clean and very nice. I would recommend this community to other families for the great care and value.

Really nice place!

We really did like this community. The staff was knowledgeable and they were very helpful. They also had a very nice and clean community. We also saw that the residents were out and about. It just was to far from where we were at.

Welcoming enviroment both from residents and staff. Bright, airy common areas and apts, nice menu of amenities. A little pricey so studio is what I would consider. Like rate lock option but that too is pricey along with buy in fee even though they do not call it that.

Pleasant Tour

My tour of this was a nice one, I enjoyed. The community looked great, everything was very well-kept. The staff was friendly and courteous. They have nice resources available for the residents. This is a nice community, but a but expensive for my taste. It is a lovely community.

The staff are really great!!!

My loved ones are slowly adjusting to living at Durham Regent. The staff are friendly, informative, cooperative and seem genuinely concerned about them. I think the food is good and they offer healthy choices. They offer numerous activities for the residents to enjoy. They keep this community well taken care of and I would recommend it.

Friendly staff. Convenient location for shopping and medical care.

Durham Regent Is heaven

I love it here at Durham Regent. It
Is warm and inviting from the staff
To the residents. The three meals a day are delicious and I enjoy being
Served like I am someone special!
I really enjoy the activities and Nicki,
The coordinator, is a smiley and happy person who loves her job!
Housekeeping cleans my apt once a
Week and washes the linens. We always have fresh towels and toilet
Paper is provided. If you need
Assistance, there are aids available
For a reasonable price. The Legacy
Program helps you with physical
And occupational therapy and incontenance issues. Wellness class
Is offered four days a week and includes exercise and positive
Reinforcement.
This is a happy place to be. The smiles tell the story from the moment you enter the facility. I dont
Want to leave. This is my family
Now and until my dying days. I feel
God brought me here and its my
Piece of heaven!

So far so good. We don't have any complaints.

So far so good. We don't have any complaints. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. We chose it because they allowed smoking, which is extremely hard to find. I would rate this a five.

Helpful, friendly staff

The staff here is very helpful and friendly. This is a nice place, but it is very expensive. One thing I will say is, the staff knows everyone and their families by name. The food is not very good here either.

too expensive

Great first impression but afterwards not the food is below standards for a place that is so expensive. And now they want to raise the rent. It's all ready too much. The staff has changed as well. My mom really likes only one a few staff members Nicky is her favorite. She has made some friends for the first time since she moved to nc in 2002
All in all she likes it but too expensive.

admin admin

Hi, I’m Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement’s Home Office. I’m glad to hear your mom is having an overall positive experience at Durham Regent but am interested in your food concerns. Do you have any specific suggestions on how to improve the menu? Does your mom have a favorite dish or style of food that she’d like to see more of? Please know that you’re welcome to call our Resident Relations line here at Home Office at [removed] with any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks,
Katie

It's very nice and we liked it.

We have looked at a couple of places so far. This is one of them. It's very nice and we liked it. It's clean and the staff is friendly.

Great community, but we nee...

Great community, but we need a place where my mother wouldn't have to move again should she need more care.

Great place for my dad

My dad, 96, is now a resident after visiting in February, 2014. He was very hesitant about what to expect and was pleasantly surprised at the facility. He has been there about a month and seems to be really enjoying Durham Regent.

I had a great visit. Frien...

I had a great visit. Friendly staff, staff knows residents, nice residents, good food. I am not interested in Holiday properties unless I can't find anything else. There is too much variability between communities and they are more expensive and they have frequent (substantial) price increases.

I have been very pleased! They are very helpful very friendly.

I have been very pleased! They are very helpful very friendly. They are very accommodating, and communicative. They have done a great job, with helping to get adjusted and integrated into the community.

Durham Regent

My mother was a resident at Durham Regent in August, 2013. She fell and had to be admitted to the Durham Rehab Center on Roxboro Road. She only stayed @ the Regent for 12 days. However, we were very pleased and she was happy. She stayed @ the Rehab Center for 40 days and we were concerned that she would have to be admitted to a Skilled Nursing Center. She did well and stayed Ne.ver thought she would live independent again. After the bleed near her brain was drained on 9/12/2013 She became much better.
During November, 2013 the family decided she could live independent. I went back to the Durham Regent and again was pleased with the facility. She moved in during the first week in December, 2013. And again has done well considering everything she sent thro. Short term memory is affected a bit as is her balance. Long story short, we are pleased. My ONLY problem is it seems some of the residents are not truly independent and have to rely a little too much on caregivers. The physical part, walkers, etc does not bother me too much, but it does seem to me that (I don't really know how to describe this). are not mentally alert enough to be in a truly "independent facility I am completing this survey for my mother.

Safety Concerns

I was very surprised that there is only ONE elevator for the residents, Many are in walkers and should there be a fire emergency the evacuation for residents would be chaos! I'm surprised the local fire laws would not require more access to exit.

Could use another maintenence man but good place

She only got to stay there 12 days and then had a fall so now she's staying with me but her stay there was good. I think actually they needed another maintence man, what I understood is they only had one and we had some issues with the commode and leaking and it took them a while to fix it. They offered her cleaning of the apartment and all but at that point she didn't really need it.
The people were very friendly and the day she fell they were wonderful. Denise and her husband were good. I'm not sure it was the exact place for mom, she missed her cooking but we enjoyed the food there. I went down and ate with her and they said they encouraged that at the beginning. The food was good, the service at the dining room was wonderful. She would kind of get lost to the dining room but all the help and all the residents were really helpful. I would recommend them and the people that I know that have relatives there are all very pleased.

Awesome place! Definitely o...

Awesome place! Definitely one of my picks should the need arise. Would prefer some in house medical assistance.

NO. Visited. Did not like a...

NO. Visited. Did not like at all. Food was bad. Most residents looked like assisted living and very old. Not a place for active living. Apartments too small and no kitchen.

Location okay.

Location okay.

Had a good tour. I had two follow-up ...

Had a good tour. I had two follow-up contacts from staff. Aunt not ready to move yet.

It was a really beautiful place.

It was a really beautiful place.

Tucked away in a quiet corner of Durham Chapel Hill, you’ll love the vibrant community steeped in rich academia and a proud sports tradition with Duke University and the University of North Carolina both nearby. You’ll enjoy the convenience of being minutes from shopping, golfing, fine dining and state-of-the-art healthcare, with many other unique attractions just a short drive away.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind