• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Fitness Center
  • Putting Green

Perfect Place For Mom

Moved my 92 year old mother to Bartlett almost a year ago and we both love it. It’s independent living but staff is always willing and able to provide help when needed. Resort is beautiful and the newly renovated dining room is simply stunning... magazine worthy. So very happy that A Place for Mom
introduced me to Bartlett.

Laura Martin

Hi Deborah! Thank you so much for your review of our community! We consider it an honor and a privilege to provide for and serve our residents, and we try to never take for granted the fact that they chose Bartlett as their new home out of all the other options. This is one of the many reasons we love what we do and take pride in calling everyone at Bartlett Reserve "family!"
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review, but most of all, thank you for sharing your mom with us!

Above and beyond

[Name removed],

I want to thank you and your staff for the concern and care you have for all the residents here at Bartlett. The front desk, kitchen, servers, housekeeping and maintenance staffs do their best every day, but they, along with you, have gone far beyond the call of duty during the remodeling thus far and now through "Florence." It is a comfort to go to bed each night knowing I am safe and knowing tomorrow will be taken care of for me. If you have not told the staff how fortunate and grateful you and all the residents are to have them here, please do so.

[Name removed]

Laura Martin

Thank you for sharing your kind words about our staff and community! Hurricane Florence was a good "test" for us, in knowing how to prepare for the worst and expect the best! I echo your sentiments regarding how caring and dedicated our staff are, especially during the more challenging times. The feeling of being "safe and taken care of," is absolutely priceless. Thank you for your patience with the remodeling, as we are getting closer and closer to an even more amazing community!

Great Care

Bartlett Reserve has been an EXCELLENT Senior Living Facility for my aging parents. From the initial tour, to the present day, the staff has been very supportive in every way. They care deeply about their residents and truly treat them all with great respect. My parents have now lived there happily for four months. We have been satisfied with every aspect of Bartlett Reserve and do HIGHLY recommend it to anyone seeking this type of care.

Laura Martin

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review! I am sure that I can vouch for all of our staff in saying how wonderfully refreshing it is to be a part of such a caring and family oriented community, where the staff and residents truly care for one another, and look out for each other. What an honor and privilege we have! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Beautiful grounds, well maintained, includes a large pond and walking paths. Facilities are very nice, floor plans range in size from fairly large to small, to suit the needs of the resident. Wide range of activities. Convenient location, very well designed. Should be near the top of anyone's list of potential senior communities.

Laura Martin

Thank you for such a nice review of our community! Our residents love our outdoor spaces and location, as they can walk to shopping, restaurants, etc. And because we have 2 full time Activity Directors, we are able to offer a wide variety of events, trips and activities for our residents that are both educational and FUN! We appreciate you taking the time to post your review...thank you again!

#3 to see... under renovation... good deal with the open dining times...loved the heated 4' deep pool.. no oven but does have double burner top. Nice outdoor courtyard where the pool is.

Laura Martin

Thank you for your 5 Star Review!!! Yes, our residents LOVE our open dining times saying that they appreciate the freedom and flexibility this gives them, to enjoy their meals at any time of the day. And our heated pool is very popular, especially this time of year with our water aerobics classes... We hope you'll join us!!!

Assessment of Bartlett Reserve

I came to Bartlett Reserve just about three months ago. When I came with my son to tour, [name removed] was my first impression at Bartlett. As the old saying goes, first impressions are lasting impressions. She certainly left us with a good first impression, and answered all of our questions very honestly. One area that I was particularly interested in was the cleanliness of the place. It certainly was very clean and continues to be. Besides [name removed], there is another person I must acknowledge. That is [name removed] who works the front desk. She is my constant go to source for information and help with anything. I might add, her patience is enviable. I am not sure how to answer the question of value? Bartlett was the first facility we toured. I should have just stopped there and said yes. But, I decided to compare what I hard and saw here versus several other places. I had an extremely good feeling about Bartlett that I did not have at other places. Overall and honestly, there was no other choice but Bartlett. All I can say on care services is that they are excellent. My caregiver, is hands down, the best. A lot of activities are offered here at Bartlett. If you cannot find anything you like to do here, there is something wrong. Two services that I certainly like is having church services right here and a beautician on the premises. I would recommend Bartlett to anyone. Bartlett gets an A+ from me. I am so happy to have found it. One more thought. I believe that everything that happens is meant for a reason. I believe that I was meant to be at Bartlett.

Laura Martin

WOW! Thank you so much for such a glowing review! You are such a pleasure to be around, and we are so glad that you found us TOO!!! We feel lucky to have you as part of our Bartlett Family, and look forward to many fun times together, as well as sharing the adventures of our grand kids and kids, on and off the soccer field! Thank you again for taking the time to share your review of Bartlett Reserve!!!

Look no further; this is the best!

What a wonderful facility! Each and every member of the staff is kind, caring, responsive and helpful; they go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy and safe. The residents are welcoming and incredibly nice, the food is nutritious, varied and delicious, and the activities are fun and interesting.

Over the past several years, my mother has lived in two other local independent living facilities, but - hands-down - Bartlett Reserve puts the others to shame. Her comment says it all: "I feel like I've hit the jackpot!"

Laura Martin

Wow! Thank you so much for such a glowing review and we absolutely LOVE her comment about "hitting the jackpot!" It's so wonderful to get this feedback from family members and residents, as we strive so hard every day to provide the best of everything to our residents. We will share your review with our staff and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings about Bartlett Reserve! We hope that others that are interested in our community can experience what your mother has experienced, and "hit the jackpot" too! Thank you!!!

Excellent place, my first choice.

Laura Martin

We love the word "Excellent"! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We look forward to serving you and your family!

Easy To Get Too

This community was very nice. The staff was very friendly and nice. The community was clean and well maintained however it was a bit older than other ones we had looked at. The price was a good match but the community didn't offer as much as others that were a little higher in price. The location was perfect very close to my home and family.

Laura Martin

Thank you for your review of our community. We appreciate your kind words about our community and our staff. We pride ourselves on offering the best value to seniors with our all-inclusive rates. Most Independent communities are not able to provide the extensive array of services that we provide including: phone, premium cable, and internet, all day dining, weekly housekeeping, weekly linen and terry services, transportation, paper products, etc. Not to mention a very large, heated pool, art center, putting green, fitness club and 11 beautiful acres of peaceful outdoor space. At Bartlett Reserve, we continue to strive for the optimum every day experiences of freedom, quality and choice for all of our residents. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and we hope you'll visit again soon!

The thought of moving mom from her home was very distressing. She has comfortable there but very lonely. We visited several communities before deciding on Bartlett Reserve and now that she- settled, & wish we had done it sooner. She made friends easier than I thought she would and has really kind of “perked up!” We couldn’t be happier more grateful to the staff and other residents for making her feel at “home”

Laura Martin

Thank you for your wonderful review of Bartlett Reserve! We really try our best to help folks transitions successfully, and integrate quickly to our community. One of the ways we do this is through our "Ambassador" program, where a group of residents help new residents adjust and show them the ropes, so to speak. We have the absolute best residents around!

I have lived here for 3 years and it just keeps getting better and better!

Laura Martin

Thank you! We love to hear that, and we will keep reaching for the stars! We appreciate you letting us know and please feel free to reach out to any of our staff members at any time, if there are ways we can improve our services. Thank you again!

Staff is amazing. Very caring.

Laura Martin

Thank you for taking the time to comment. One of our most important goals here at Bartlett Reserve, is to make sure every resident has the feeling of "family" when they are here with us. The love and concern for one another is indeed tangible. Thank you for sharing with us!

Feels like family and we can eat whenever we want.

Laura Martin

Family and Food!!! Two of our favorite things here at Bartlett Reserve! Family is always first but we do feel it's important to not force our residents to eat on our schedule. Flexibility, Freedom and Choice is very important to us, so being able to eat when you want to seems like a no-brainer! Plus, ordering off of a menu and having your meals cooked to order restaurant style is an added bonus! Thank you for sharing!

Warm and Wonderful Environment for Seniors

Bartlett staff was warm and welcoming from day one! Mom adjusted quickly to her move with help from front desk, custodial, housekeeping and dining room staff. Everyone made sure she had everything she needed! Mom continues to thrive, joining multiple activity groups and clubs, and stays active and engaged. Great community feel and personalized attention have made this a great experience for our entire family!

Laura Martin

Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much for acknowledging our staff's efforts to give personalized attention to your Mom. Our goal at Bartlett Reserve is to make sure our residents (and new folks especially) feel that way every day! Thank you again for taking the time to express your feelings!

A Very Happy Resident

I have been here since Noverber and have enjoyed it. The residence are the most friendly people. The staff works with you until you are satisfied. They come up with different food choices that are different and good to the taste.
I would highly recommend Bartlett Reserver Senior Living to anyone.

Laura Martin

Thank you so much for this great review of our community! The staff at Bartlett Reserve truly pride themselves on providing the highest level of resident satisfaction, and won't quit until we've met or surpassed your expectations. Although our community has a lot going for us, and amazing amenities and all-inclusive services, the absolute best selling point for Bartlett Reserve is our RESIDENTS....as you mentioned, the friendliest folks around! Thank you again!

Not for us

Bartlett Reserve was a nice community but the price range was way about what my sister-in-law could afford. The community is clean and the staff was able to answer our question. There was also the fact that they did not have any availability,

Laura Martin

Thank you for your response and your kind words regarding our cleanliness and our helpful staff! Our rates are as competitive as possible, and widely known as a great value considering that we include absolutely everything in the rate. It is true, that we stay full with a waiting list, so I do apologize that we didn't have an opening suited to your sister-in-law's timeframe. Again, thank you for your response and we wish you all the best.

A place for family

This was a nice community that I toured. The rooms were nice and they did have a smaller size kitchen that what we were needing for my parents. This community is clean and the staff was able to answer our questions. The offered activities if my parents would have moved in here. Families would want to tour this community to see if it is what they are looking for. A good value.

Laura Martin

Thank you for your nice comments about our community! The size of our kitchens is definitely popular with our residents, as everyone seems to enjoy the full size refrigerators that include a full size freezer. Please let us know if we can answer additional questions or help in any way. Thank you again for your review.

This community is nice and they are making changes and upgrades. Their pricing was very reasonable and included many services other communities did not.

Laura Martin

Thank you for your great review! We look forward to continuing to offer the best value in senior living, with amazing amenities and included services.

This community was not for us!

I was not impressed with the setup of Bartlett Reserve. It was a little confusing and difficult to get around. They do offer a pool. It looked clean during our tour and the people were nice.

Laura Martin

Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry that you found the community confusing, as it is normal to feel overwhelmed on your first visit. However, all of our residents seem to love the lay out and convenience of having everything so easily accessible. With our Dining Room centrally located as well as our common areas, plus having 3 elevators to make access even easier, we have not experienced any challenges from residents. If you would like to try another visit, please know that our door is always open!

A Great Community

My mother is doing amazing here at this facility. They are caring for her and her needs. It is truly a great place and I'am very pleased with everything they have done us. This community is for independent living, but I know she has access to help if she needs it. Everybody have been very supportive and friendly. We couldn't be happier.

Laura Martin

Thank you for your great review and we are so glad your loved couldn't be happier! At our community, we pride ourselves on going above and beyond, making sure everyone is as happy as possible! Please let us know if there is ever anything more we could be doing, and thank you again for sharing your experience!

A Godsend to our family

My Mom had to leave her home of 43 years and her community of 79 years abruptly after she was widowed unexpectedly. Bartlett Reserve has been a Godsend to our family. They were very understanding and offered her the option of a guest suite for a month so that she could really get a feel for the place before she had to make a major decision. The staff is incredibly kind, caring and accommodating. The residents are very welcoming and supportive of each other. Mom has made friends quickly, since many are widows "in the same boat" as she. The building and grounds are well maintained. She loves the open dining schedule and thinks the food is terrific. The dining room staff and kitchen are also very flexible and accommodating to residents wants and needs. Mom spends very little time in her apartment and is much more active and socially engaged than she has been for years. Her health and mood have definitely improved in the 3 months since she has been at Bartlett.

Laura Martin

Thank you for posting this great review! Our Guest Suite is a great way to help loved ones feel more comfortable about the transition. Thank you for trusting us in the care of your Mom!

great place

Residents and staff friendly and respectful. Food is great. Management goes out of their way to make things work. They are hands on, not just office people. A very grand place!!

Laura Martin

Thank you Pat, for this kind review! We try very hard every day to make a difference!

Highly recommend, staff is a ten!

My mother is having a ball at Bartlett Reserve. She loves it! They do tons of activities, I can never reach her when I call because she is always so busy. I would rate the staff a ten! Everyone is so friendly, sincere, and outgoing. I would highly recommend Bartlett. She likes the food, but we have had a couple of issues with the food. She was once served a rotten piece of meat and ended up with food poisoning.

Laura Martin

Our activities department is always thinking of new and creative ways to help make our resident's lives more exciting and enjoyable! We are glad to hear that your mom is always busy! We are not aware of what you mentioned regarding the issue with the food, but will certainly investigate. The Bartlett Reserve chefs and servers pride themselves on their high standards of quality and service, so that this is never a problem, but thank you for letting us know!

Short stay, family like atmosphere

It was only a short stay for my mom, but that was an important consideration as well - not being able to commit at the time. We were very impressed with the level of personal care and consideration that she experienced. Were it not for other family changes, she would still be living at BR, and loving it. She still says how much she misses it there and most of what she misses are the people - staff and residents, who treat each other with respect and kindness - like family, only better!

Laura Martin

Thank you for your kind words! Bartlett Reserve prides itself on treating everyone like family! What has been really amazing to see is not only how our staff looks out for each other and the residents, but how the RESIDENTS look out for each other! We all really care about each other, more so than in any other community where I have been. Our residents are our best selling point!!!

great place to live

had a great meal when I had a look and very nice staff ,best place to move into in Durham

Laura Martin

Thank you for your kind words Alan!!!

Excellent 5+ Stars

Everything is really excellent here. The Bartlett Reserve is a 5+ Star community. It has been a great experience. I would highly recommend this facility if your in the Durham, NC area. It's very nice. Everyone is friendly.

Laura Martin

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are so happy that your loved one is enjoying everything!

I think it's excellent.

So far everything is going pretty good. I think it's excellent. I don't have any concerns about how clean it's kept, or how friendly the staff is. The food is excellent too. It's working out well so far.

Laura Martin

Thank your for your positive words! If we can ever do anything different or better, please don't hesitate to ask!

Great place!

Things have gone very well so far at Bartlett Reserve! The staff here are wonderful! They've been very easy to work with throughout the whole process, and they were very welcoming to my loved one! The facility itself is very nice, it's a smaller community and seemed to have a much more intimate feel than some of the larger places we toured. The staff know all the residents by name, and get to know their schedules as well! They'll check in on my loved one if they see she isn't up and around at her normal time. They've also got an excellent meal plan, and the food is delicious! We weren't impressed by how the community looked from the outside and almost didn't even tour it, but we are glad we did, it's a fantastic place!

Laura Martin

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, everyone LOVES our All Day Dining! They love being able to enjoy their meals on THEIR schedule, not ours! This way, they can continue to enjoy the freedom and flexibility they've enjoyed in their home, and not have to worry about conforming to a regimented schedule. PLUS, serving the meals restaurant style, cooked to order, makes the food truly amazing!

Great Community

My mom moved here in November, 3 1/2 months ago. Although she didn't want to leave Florida, she has been very happy here, and as she says, no complaints. Food is always available and tasty. She loves that she can eat when she wants and the chef is very accommodating. Residents and staff are friendly and helpful. A real community where everyone looks out for each other. It feels like a family.

Laura Martin

Hi Judy! Thank you for the great review! Your mom is such a joy to have with us....she is truly part of our family now!

Bartlett Reserve is nothing less than...

Bartlett Reserve is nothing less than a prayer answered
After 6 months here isn't anything that we were promised that isn't done. The chef is an instructor at culinary institute. He utilizes his best students as sous chefs.We have several options each meal choices 5+ proteins 5+
Starches and 8+ recognizable vegetables to choose from.

We've attended a musical concert and a show at the raleigh performing arts center.

In the time that we've been here we have become an extended family

Excellent facility

Just can not say enough good things about this facility. The Staff is outstanding in all respects. We are not residents, we are GUESTS and are treated accordingly. Our dog has a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite which he permits us to share. The unit is fully equipped and unlike other facilities, each room of the suite has it's own ac/heating unit. The dining room is open 12 hours a day and you choose from a varied menu and when to dine. Activities and transportation are available daily.

The area's newest and most unique, ALL-INCLUSIVE Senior Living Community. Call us today, and "Experience the Difference!"
Some of our unique features are ALL DAY DINING, HEATED POOL, AMAZING ACTIVITES, ETC>