Dunlap Village Apartments - Brighton, TN

Great place for my loved one!

Dunlap is a wonderful place to house your loved ones! It's affordable, clean, the staff is very attentive. I think the person with the negative comment in Oct. 2014 had some personal issues that didn't involve Dunlap..."court order"?????? This is a great place, I would bring any of my loved ones to this home!!!

Beware!

Dunlap Retirement Center is currently holding my grandmother with lack of communication with people of her choice based on "court orders" that do NOT exist. She isn't getting her proper medication. The nurse didn't even know what one of her prescriptions was, that's what lead to that knowledge. The staff, with a few exceptions, have been rude and hateful to my grandmother and family on multiple occasions. Earlier today, a staff member jerked a telephone out of my 79 year old, Alzheimer suffering, disabled grandmother's hand and told her "You're not getting this phone again." Please, please, think not twice but four or five times before placing your loved ones in the care of this facility. Additionally, when I drove up there the other day, workers were lounging on the stairs smoking for a good while. There were no signs of activity from anyone else and it was only about three in the afternoon. Please be careful!!

Great for the price

There's nothing wrong with Dunlap, everything was fine, not according to my mom but she's not in her right mind and I went there all the time. It is an older facility but for the price, three meals a day and for 24 hour care you can't beat that.

The tour on Sunday went well. Dunla...

The tour on Sunday went well. Dunlap is a very nice place.

The William H Dunlap Center serves the greater Mid-South area by providing quality assisted care in a family like setting to individuals and couples in a loving Christian environment at an affordable cost so that they may live comfortable and dignified lives during their retirement years. Dunlap Retirement Center is a non-profit organization owned by Mississippi Valley Presbytery. Dunlap survives totally on the support of the community and the revenue received from residents. Our facility is open to all denominations. Dunlap is designed for residents who do not require fulltime medical care. We are not a nursing home nor are we an assisted living facility. Residents must be able to independently dress themselves and be able to exit the building in 13 minutes or less. They must be able to get to the dining room for all three meals everyday and take care of their own personal hygiene and bathing needs.