Dry Creek Guest Home - San Jose, CA

Review of Dry Creek Guest Home Alzheimer's / Memory Care in San Jose, CA

Fyi this one is owned by the same people as Esthers place. What I saw of the place was ok. A little over the top on decor. They would not show me around because they did not have an opening. The 2 to 6 ratio is OK if all residents are self care. The 2 caretakers I met were very friendly. I met one person as I was heading out, her mom is there, said she loved it. I was not particularly impressed with the owner. Their policy is to quote a basic rate of 4500.00 per month then ONCE the person moves in adjust it based on the level of care needed. Personally I would not go to all the work and emotional process of moving my mom in to then have the price increased to a point I may not be able or willing to pay then have to move her somewhere else. I also did not need to hear about his frustration with people not following through on their tour appointments, especially since I was on time and he was 10 min late.

Review of Dry Creek Guest Home Alzheimer's / Memory Care in San Jose, CA

Giving benefit of the doubt. Ven & Esther forgot appointment. Were 40 min. late after phone call. Nice residence but not enough interaction for my mother's needs.

Overall Very Pleased

We had looked at communities a few years ago for a different loved one so had prior experience, when looking this time we looked at a total of 3 communities plus about 2 from previous situations. It is a very nice setting with plenty of trees. The only issue that we did have with the property is that we feel like there was a sort of bait and switch. They quoted us one price when we inquired and told them about the conditions, but when they did an evaluation they raised the price even though it was the same conditions we had stated 16 days earlier. In fact he was probably in better condition. We are sure this type of things happens at every property but just didn’t like it. But overall we are very happy with the community and would recommend it to anyone.

We are located in the quite, safe and beautiful Willow Glen/Dry Creek neighborhood. We provide a pleasant and homelike atmosphere and loving and personalized care and assistance to our residents. Our professional staff is dedicated to caring for residents in pursuing their happiness and self-esteem, and maintaining their dignity through proper nutrition, motivation and outstanding supportive care. Our caregivers are trained to be respectful, understanding and compassionate in the treatment of residents.