DeWolfe Place - Marion, OH has yet not published prices.

Charming, caring home for Mom

While searching for "A place for "Mom, we found this hidden gem in our own back yard. Very clean, comfortable and well managed. My sisters and I love the small , family like atmosphere for our mother .
This was important to us as our mother suffers with memory loss and we did not want her living in a large senior complex. With the help of a competent and caring staff, my Mom transitioned very well.

The facility is secure with a good mix of independent residents along with residents needing assistance. The staffing levels are an excellent ratio of staff to residents.

Very satisfied with this senior living facility.

Home Sweet Home Away From Home

The "homey" atmosphere at DeWolfe House appealed to me the first time we walked through the building. I liked the fact that it seemed organized and everything was set up with the residents' needs in mind.
The residents I have talked with seem at ease and happy there. To me, that is key.
When I have a problem, management has been available and eager to listen and to find a solution. To me, that too is key.
I am glad my friend is there, safe and sound.

Too far for us...

The only thing that was the matter with this place was that it is clear over in the other side of town for me. The community itself was clean and the people were friendly. It just did not work out for us.

De Wolfe Place is a caring place

I can't say enough how wonderful and caring the staff are at DeWolfe Place. They are not only caring to the clients but to the family too.

From the minute you walk into the place everyone greets you with a smile on their faces. Every single staff member makes you feel welcome and truly cares. This is not just the first time you visit but each and everytime.

They talked directly to my mother-in-law and made her feel like she was the Queen. I am a nurse so my expectations were high and DeWolfe Place held up to them. I was so impressed with everything.

Everyone was wonderful, but as you know first impressions usually makes the deal. [Removed] was absolutely terrific, she won my mother-in-law, Marilyn, over right away and it didn't stop there either. The nurses, aides and even the cooks came and introduced themselves. Each and everyday [Removed] and the whole staff made her feel important.

I totally would recommend DeWolfe Place hands down. They are very caring, loving and helpful.

[Removed]

Everything Has Worked Out Well

My grandmother is doing well here at this community. As good as can be expected. They are doing a good job caring for her and her needs. I know she is safe and in good hands here. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her with. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice place.

Above and beyond!!

The community has a terrific atmosphere it makes you feel like you are at home. Housekeeping does a wonderful job maintaining everything cleaned and organized. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and explained everything fairly detailed. Complimentary snacks were offered. Everyone is very friendly and sweet.

DeWolfe Place - Marion, OH

My mother lives at DeWolfe Place. She is 99 years old and needs extra care due to a stroke. No place is perfect but the care she receives now is above and beyond other places we checked out. She is part of a family and can participate in activities appropriate for her. Administration listens to your concerns as do the nurses and aides. I would recommend DeWolfe Place to others.

Happy with facility and staff.

We had our own ideas as to what an assisted living facility looked like and smelled like. We were so pleased as what we experienced. It was clean, bright and didn't smell.

The staff is friendly, helpful and give us the impression that they truly care about the residence and want to make their stay as pleasant as possible.

We are pleased with the way our mother is being cared for and the activities available to her.

Friendly, helpful staff

I visited this place a few times while helping a friend look for senior living. I thought this was a nice looking place, and the people all seemed very friendly. They were very helpful and informative to my friend, and the person we helped move in really seems to enjoy it here!

We love it, and she absolutely loves it.

We love it, and she absolutely loves it. The food is pretty good for quality. The people are really nice and patient with her. The weekends are a little slow on weekends. She liked that it was smaller and more intimate. It was close to family and in a good location for us, and I liked how friendly and accommodating the staff was as well.

Very nice place!

So far our experience with DeWolfe Place has been a good one! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and I like that it is a smaller community. It's only about 39 rooms, and feels kind of warm and quaint. The staff here are friendly and helpful, and I feel like the smaller community size really lets them get to know each resident as an individual. There's also not much staff turnover, so the residents get to see familiar faces. I am very pleased with DeWolfe Place, and I would recommend it!

So far So good

Right now, my parent is in adjustment phase so it is hard to evaluate. The place is lovely, the food is delicious, and the staff are nice. I am hoping to resolve the daily issues of bathing which we are paying for....and currently, is a very important part of needs. I hope to review again and report improvement.

Nice staff, but the rooms were under construction.

We toured here recently. The rooms that we were shown to us had the rugs torn up and were under construction. We weren't able to get a good idea on what the rooms would look like. The two staff members that we met did seem friendly, though.

New management is improving things.

When I first contacted them, and visited, they had a few staff members that are no longer there. I was not enthused by the professionalism of the original staff members. Since then they have been taken over by a company with more experience, and they have replaced the top three or so people. They are renovating and replacing things, and things are improving. They have an event calendar of course, and my loved one doesn't enjoy all of the activities, but he has gone to a few. My loved one doesn't have any complaints, and he seems to be happy with it.

It was very clean, very nice, the set...

It was very clean, very nice, the set up is almost identical to Sterling house, it's one floor plan, all ground floor level. They were pretty good with care and activities, they had quite a few activities and they also had a monthly activity list of things going on during the month and during the week. They had a very nice staff, the lady that we met with was very informative and polite.

DeWolf Place is an assisted living community located in Marion, Ohio, we are two blocks west of Garfield Park and several entertainment options are nearby.

Our beautifully landscaped grounds include a private courtyard that provides the perfect setting for our residents to work in the garden, enjoy cookouts and relax in the shade.

We develop care plans that are tailored to each individual’s needs and wishes and can assist with activities of daily living. We have on site medical services that include:

•Podiatry
•Dentistry
•Ophthalmology
•Laboratory services
•Pharmacy
•Hospice care
•Rehabilitation services

We take frequent community outings, resident favorites include:

•Southland Cinema
•Palace Theatre
•President Harding’s home
•Wyandot Popcorn Museum
•Harding memorial
•Lincoln, Rockmill andLockville parks
•Marion Senior Center

We also offer numerous activities here at home including Qigong, bingo, games, arts & crafts, happy hour, movie night and church services. Our beautiful community includes a computer area, library, elegant restaurant style dining room and comfortable lounges for socializing. Our home cooked meals are delicious and planned with the nutritional needs of seniors in mind.

Our sunny apartments feature kitchenettes complete with refrigerator and microwave. Spacious private bathrooms with walk in shower and emergency call system. Individual climate controls, wall to wall carpeting and are designed to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
DeWolf Place is the perfect assisted living community for seniors who want to enjoy life with friends while having the perfect balance of safety and care.