Desmet Retirement Community - Florissant, MO

My mom is happy

I'm very pleased to say my mom is very happy at Desmet retirement place the activity director is fabulous [name removed] goes out of her way to help all the residents she is very creative with the activities and amazingly patient with everyone [name removed] is wonderful she explains everything when showing the place and [name removed] is always Welcoming and checks on every resident every morning to make sure they are ok I feel very happy that my mom is so happy there.. Thank you to everyone..

I'm pleased with the care my brother is getting

My brother lives here and, so far, we’ve both been very happy. The most important thing, to me, is that he’s getting his medications, physical therapy, and 3 meals a day. I think he’s being taken care of very well. The food is pretty good and there are a few different options to choose from. They provide all kinds of activities like movies, shopping trips, and they’ll take the residents out to eat. Everything looks very clean in the common areas and housekeeping cleans his room once a week. I recommend this place.

Pet friendly facility!

I am extremely happy with this facility. Everyone here is just so great here. The staff is friendly, warm, and personable. From the top to the bottom, this facility is amazing and clean. They have a courtyard where my Mother can walk and it’s even lighted so if she wants to go out at night, she can. This community is also pet friendly and you can have a cat or a small dog. My mom is just so happy here. I feel like she is so much more outgoing and has a bunch of friends compared to other places. There’s a bunch of activities like happy hour, bingo, and a full calendar of things to do every day. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

Like A Beefed Up Nursing Home

I saw the Desmet when I was looking for places for my father. This place was not good. It felt too utilitarian, and there was not much in the line of decoration. It was really just a long hall lined with apartments. It was liked a beefed up nursing home, and the food was terrible. I would not recommend it.

Mom's Care

We like the care from this community. The staff is caring and making sure that my mom is happy. We like knowing that she likes the meals and the good variety. They are offering a lot of activities for her to participate. This is a clean and beautiful community that she enjoys. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Very nice. Liked the location. Very easy to work with.

Very nice. Liked the location. The didn't have availability for independent living. This would have been my second choice.

Great place!

Have been here one week, and love it at DeSmet: the food is good, and the staff is simply awesome!

Needs some updating!

The staff that offered the tour at Desmet Retirement Community were very friendly. They were very courteous and knowledgeable. They were able to address all of our concerns. The community was pretty basic for the price and compared to other communities in the area. The community seemed to be nicely cleaned. The community would benefit from a good update throughout.

Fit in just fine at Desmet!

Everything is going great since our loved ones move to Desmet Retirement Community. The move went very well and smoothly. She is very happy at the Desmet Retirement community. She is receiving wonderful care from the friendly staff. The staff are very helpful and are doing a great job caring for our loved one.

Mom Is Doing Well Here

My mother has really adjusted well to this community. She is doing very well. The community looks great, they keep everything very well maintained. The staff is good, they have been very welcoming and helpful. She is participating in the activities, which is nice to see. She likes the food, the meals are nice. They are caring for her well and I would recommend it.

the level of care provided is great

There are no improvement the facility needs. They are doing a great job there. I love the level of care they provide there.

Great Staff

I thought that they were very helpful and outgoing and they tried to keep him involved and active. I would recommend the place, it was very nice and clean. Also the staff members were very friendly as well.

not overly impressed

We toured Desmet Retirement Community. It was fine but I was not overly impressed. We ended up going with a different facility.

I am very happy.

I am very happy. If I had any problems they came and fixed them right away. They have lots of activities, there is something going on everyday. The food has been fantastic, and the servers are very nice. They have breakfast once a week, and you can get what you want. It's nice that I don't have to worry about so many things anymore. The other residents all seem to be very friendly. I haven't met a cold person yet. I visited quite a few of these places, and this was the one that struck me, I liked the overall atmosphere and thought I would fit in quite well here.

Desmet a great place!

Very happy with Desmet Retirement Community. The Marketing Mgr, Rich Barnes was helpful every step of the way. We got my mother moved in very fast. It has been a great experience and we are thrilled that mom likes her new place!

The bare minimum

This is the bare minimum, a very inexpensive independent living facility. One gets relatively little for paying very little. If a person's finances require a residence this inexpensive, then clearly this is better than nothing. The meals are disappointing and frequently simply lacking. There is often no one at the front desk, so there is no security about who comes or goes.

Perfect

Desmet was the perfect community for mom. The residents are nice and welcoming and staff is accomodating. The nice thing is that if mom needs more care, they have an assisted side that can help with meds and other needs. Mom is the happiest she has been in awhile and I know it's because she feels safe and is looked after.

This is mine and my sister's choice

This is mine and my sister's choice

DeSmet Retirement Community is a non-profit housing community offering assisted care and independent living for seniors. As one of over 160 properties owned and operated by Retirement Housing Foundation (RHF), we strive to carry out the RHF mission of providing quality housing at an affordable price. RHF has been serving seniors since 1961.

DeSmet's welcoming one-story building is located in central Florissant, Missouri, right next door to the police department, making us the safest retirement community in town. We are just minutes away from restaurants, shopping, grocery stores, banks and entertainment.

DeSmet has a 58-apartment state-licensed residential care facility, staffed by a group of professional nurses and healthcare workers, who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Additionally, we offer 33 independent living apartments. All of our rooms include a full-size kitchen and bathroom, so you'll always feel at home. At DeSmet, we care about each of our residents, with the goal of ensuring a quality of life and keeping our residents healthy and active.