Danberry Residential Care - Tustin, CA

Not Enough Heart

I toured Danberry Residential while looking for options for my mother, and we did not like it at all. They didn’t have a stitch of furniture in the rooms, which made the home feel very uncomfortable; not homey at all. They owner also kept telling me “You have to think about who has the heart to take care of your mother,” but I found that he had the least heart of anyone I spoke with during my tours. So I asked, “Do you serve Ice cream to your residents?” and he answered “No. I find that if the dementia patients have too much sugar, they become too stimulated, and it makes things harder for my caretakers.” This was important because my mother absolutely loves ice cream, and to me, it proved that he didn’t have enough heart to care for my mother either.

This home was clean and in a great location. The rooms were nice and it had a lot of outdoor space. The home felt like a family home and the care givers appeared to be very concerned about their residents. We would have no hesitation with this home.

Home is well-maintained & well-managed. Location on cul-de-sac with access to park that has restrooms! All resident rooms on 1st floor, All exits alarmed. Rooms & Bath have alert systems. 4 comfortable social/TV visiting areas. Main living area has 2-inch trip hazard (marked for visibility). No scheduled daily exercise/walking program. Overall-looks good!