Cumming Nursing Center - Cumming, GA

Cumming Nursing Center - Cumming, GA has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing

It went well!

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I like all the people who are working with my loved one. They are taking good care of her and I do not have to check up on them because everything is in order. Everything I have noticed is very clean and they have kept me well informed. She is picky but the meals look fine.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

It went mostly well but there is room for improvement with the friendliness and nursing care.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Overall, it went well. The food service director, is very cooperative and there are many good staff members but there are a few that don't have a good attitude towards their work. Some of the aides aren't as friendly as others. It would be useful if they ask the resident what meals they would want, ahead of time.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Overall, it mostly went well. I mentioned a concern of mine and the nurses started to monitor my loved one better. Some of the staff are very friendly, others have no personality and do not want to talk to you.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

My husband's stay is going very well. The staff care is excellent and they know what they're doing but if they explained to me a little bit more, it would help. The ladies in dietary are great and they even have people who help feed him. One of the CNAs suggested it would be good for my husband to go to the lunch room and he does seem to enjoy that. They are very good about calling me back and everything I've seen has been clean. His bathroom is clean but there is a slight odor.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I would definitely recommend this place! The therapists have worked with my mother so well and she has made a lot of progress! They have good communication and always call me. One of the nurses is always great about keeping me updated on my mother and I really appreciate that. She said that sometimes when she pushes the button, it can take a while before someone gets to her but usually when I am there they are pretty prompt when she presses her call light. There was only one incident in which the staff member said they would be right back and it took about twenty to twenty-five minutes.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I would absolutely recommend the facility. The people are great and all of the staff that have provided care for my husband have been great. His PT therapist is really, really, really good. It is always clean here! The communication is good, they have made calls to me throughout his stay so far. The rooms are just way too tight and the nurses take their time getting to him.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The rehab is going excellent for my loved one! I like the administrative team all. The staff in the dining room keep it immaculately clean. They have called me quite a few times. I have not liked the meals I have seen. It is just a lot of carbs and I am yet to see one plate of fresh fruit or vegetables. There was one tech he had problems with because he will take hours to come help my dad use the restroom.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The reviews were good. Right now we are happy with the care he has gotten and I have met with different staff members in his room. He seems to be progressing and is getting stronger. As far as I know, the nurses were good. They have been attentive to him. He is happy. They are very accessible.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Cumming Nursing Center has been an outstanding experience for my parents and they had amazing people on hand. Any time I asked a question, they always answered it for me or found the answer for me. We did have a bad experience with my dad in the rehab therapy center and expected the same for the rest of our experience here. The staff turned all that around for us, providing an incredible experience for us and our loved ones.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I would definitely recommend this facility to a friend! The meals and communication were both great!

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Cumming Nursing Center was on top of it and they were very nice. They have done everything they could to help my loved one get better. The nursing care had been very good and they were very communicative. It is an older building but it is clean. The meals were fine. The staff have been good with communication and were very proactive as well.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The rehab therapy services were excellent. I see a lot of care being given to the people that are in the rehab. It appears that my mother is well cared for. A nurse on my mother's floor has been helpful to me. She always took my calls and was informative.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They go out of their way to help you. The meals are outstanding. They have good food and plenty of it. They have a meeting once a week and let you know what's going on.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I can not say anything other than just the highest praise. Everything about it has been exceptional. I am so thankful that I came here and I certainly would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They made sure the t's were crossed and i's dotted to get the maximum care. They are really good at knowing what to ask the patient from the hospital to the Cumming Nursing Center. One of the nurses' offered advice and made calls for me to help my mother-in-law. The rehab therapy center was excellent. The nurses were very nice and they have a kindred spirit with my mother-in-law. They really thought out who to pair her up with for a roommate. The staff was very friendly. The facility was clean but it was not brand new. The meals were not the best but they were timely. The appointment coordinator and the coordinator for Medicare were good problem solvers and thought through a path for my mother-in-law. We were tickled with no worries.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

It's been very good. When she presses that button, they are right there for her. I told them to push here during rehab, and they have. I've been through three of these facilities, and believe me, Cumming is above a lot of them. That impressed me probably more than anything, the cleanliness of the place. When you walk through there are no odors and it's clean. The bathrooms are clean. My mom says the meals are okay.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The staff was very friendly and very responsive to let us know everything. My dad loved both of the people that assisted him. They were always helping him and they were great people. The nurses were very good and the food was excellent. The staff were really on it and calling me all of the time to let me know how my dad was doing. The cleanliness was good but I think that it should be brighter in the facility.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Overall, it was pretty good. My loved one said they really worked her in therapy. She was able to come home so I guess they did a good job. There was one nurse that my loved one really liked. She would come and check in on my loved one every day. My loved one's room was very clean and they changed her bed every day. The meals seemed ok.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I loved them and I thought they were wonderful. I would like a little more communication but what I got was great. I liked the care my dad got there. The staff had been so compassionate. I have not been there for the rehab therapy but he was pleased with it. The discharge planner had been very helpful for me personally. It was spotless. I can see why they had 4.6 stars online.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

We are delighted with the place but there is a long wait for help. He is very happy with the tech's and they take care of my father so well. That could use some improvement. The folks that clean, do an excellent job. Sometimes there are gloves on the floor and other things left on the floor. He eats in bed and the food looks very good. The communication is pretty good and they give feedback all day long.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I would recommend Cumming Nursing to a friend! Most of the staff has been very friendly. The communication has been great. They have been especially good about calling me.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The facility is older to be expected for the most part everyone is great. I think the physical therapy occupational therapy is fantastic. They are very conscious of his medication. They could be cleaner. They let the trash overflow but I know they are busy. I think they keep the front sitting area very clean. My father said he doesn't like the meals but I thought they were good. The communication has been pretty good as well.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The nurses were pretty prompt to get the phone to my mom which was really helpful. When I asked them a question they were pretty jolly to answer my questions. The staff was friendly but they couldn't communicate well. I didn't spend a lot of time in the bathroom but my mom has said they cleaned it well. My mom had no complaints about the food. Sometimes my mom had been fed more on some days compared to others. My mom seemed to be getting excellent care when it came to nursing. I had a problem with the administration. They didn't return my calls or answer my questions.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

It has been a challenge to get my loved one on the correct diet. The shared restroom in between the rooms could use more attention.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Cumming is very good. They have very good therapists. The staff have outstanding attitudes. I'd give the top rating. I am amazed that they prepare 3 full meals a day for this many people. They have it set up well and keep communication open.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

It is excellent. I found the PT and OT visitors very helpful. I am pretty pleased with their communication and professionalism. Everyone has been great. It is a pretty clean facility. He likes the food. I had a meeting with his team on his wellness plan. We had a good meeting, with good details. They were open and frank about their concerns.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I'd recommend Cumming Nursing Center!

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I have had my mom and dad in other facilities in the past, but Cummings has been over the top and above and beyond! Every aspect, even the doctor's visit, has been coordinated. It has been an amazing experience for my aunt. My aunt's head therapist has been wonderful! She has communicated with me and is incredible. They made sure to change her clothes and have helped her with whatever she has needed. Everybody here, and I do mean everybody, knows what the patients want and need. They have been incredible. The whole facility, you walk down the hall and everything smells and looks good. She has been eating more than she has in the past. She likes junk food, so it's great she is eating some home cooking.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Everything has been great so far. It has taken a while after she presses the button, 5 or 10 minutes for them to get there.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They were great. It was very clean. The meals were my loved one's favorite part. The staff are very easy to work with.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The therapy was fantastic for PT, OT and ST. The therapists got him up and walking. They are unbelievable. There were a few CNA's who were great and kept him clean. There were some CNA's who were not aggressive with caring for him. I would go to their nurses cart and responded immediately. He is incontinent and they cared about keeping him clean and comfortable. The concierge who provides transportation for the doctors office or any needs you have is fabulous. She was very aware of our needs.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They have communicated very effectively with me regarding what is going on. I talked with the social worker and therapist. They are doing a good job. I saw what they were doing with my mom. The business office with the admitting was very friendly and the head of therapy was great. The food is very good and she likes it but does not eat much.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I felt at home! The PT was wonderful. I did have a meal there as well with him and I could not eat what was served.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They are taking good care of my loved one. I am not in the area and they have done a good job with communicating with me.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

We like the day shift nurse who is excellent and great. The rehab people do a marvelous job with the space they have. The people are excellent but they need more space. All the therapists push him to do better to go home. They make him work. They do a good job considering the age of their building. He has only had his meals served to his room. The food seems fine and sometimes I join him. A five because I inquire. They called me yesterday about a situation and he was misbehaving. The response time for when he pushes the button is taking a while for help.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The people seem like they have been there a long time and are very consistent. They pay attention to detail. He seems to be able to sit up and balance for a long time now. Comparing to when he came in here to where he is now, it has been a tremendous increase from what he was able to do. The staff care has been of really high quality. They seem to be very professional in terms of administration like Social Worker and Activities personal. The Clinical people, when the patients rings the bell, they assist with a smile. You can tell they care. They are good people. These folks, are genuine, honest, nice, and caring. This place has been the cleanest place I'v see. They work very hard. It's extremely clean. Every time I have come in contact with the nurse, we are updated. They seem to very open, transparent, and will give a picture of what's going on.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Rehab is going better. There were some issues around the nutrition side of things. The food is not hot. He asked questions and did not get a good answer.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The social worker does a great job. The frequency of therapy is not enough and the timing, it seems to me that she could use a little in the morning and the afternoon. I feel like she should not just sit in the wheelchair all day. Also, the general cleanliness of the facility and the lack of interaction between the people caring for her and her family, like I'm yet to hear from the doctor who is overseeing it. The Physical Therapy is good. But she should have a lot more of speech therapy. The personal Hygiene and the shower is an issue.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They're just hard to get information out of them. The billing person was the one who had attitude. There is some guy who comes in, I think he is the guy who cleans. He talks to us and is nice to us. It's just kind of grungy looking. I am told this its the best in our area, so maybe my expectations are too high. They just need to be more informative, other than "we will have a patient care meeting at this time." My husband goes there every day. It just hard to get a hold of people to talk to. This is our first event for us, so more information would have been better.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They were great. They were always smiling and very nice. There was something different every day for the meals. The staff were very good and the nurses would keep me up to date.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Cumming Nursing Center has an exceptional group of employees. Two of them brought me in books to read. They are exceptionally friendly and the nursing care is outstanding.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They are amazing. My mom is very comfortable and great people around her. Therapy is great. The staff care is amazing. The ladies that come in and check on her and bathe her have been a complete blessing to us. They treat her so well and so sweet to her and when I call and never a frown on the phone. My mom has been clean every time we went.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The food isn't as good as possible, the quality is lacking. Everything else, especially the rehab is great. The staff are very good, really good. All do well and let me know what's going on.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I like the staff. It's pretty crowded though. Everybody across the board communicates well. It's old and could use a refresh.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The food tastes and smells great, however, due to my mother's condition she has trouble eating. It would be nice if the facility was able to cut her meals or cater to this a little more often.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

We have had marvelous improvement with the PT. He started to eat, the nurses are attentive, no problems. The social worker is very good and the case worker have gone beyond. Like everyone when you need attention it's hard to wait, but I understand everyone has to wait because it's not one to one care and that's an impossibility. I think the entire building could use an update, different colors and better rehab area and paint.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The staff were very friendly. It was extremely loud at night and would they talk at night. I liked the therapists. It took a long time to get help. The cleanliness was good. Twice they were cleaning in the hall at 7:30 am and that is too early to buff the floors.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

There have been no problems. Therapy has been great, especially OT and PT. He likes every meal he's had. They called when any changes are done. They all do, and are all helpful.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The facility is well maintained. The nursing staff is terrific. The rehab therapy staff is top notch. I recommend it highly.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The PT people are nice and they know what they are doing. The meals are real good.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The nurses and therapists seem to care, they seem like they care about how she feels and good people. The staff do their job, they're around and are helpful. I'm in and out but when I ask questions, they answer so that's good. It's kept clean, I've seen them mopping in the morning. The meals are good too.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The therapists are great. The nurses are very good. Most of the girls have been real good to help out. The cleaning staff have been real good and the CNA's are real good. Housekeeping is real good and they empty the trash. Food is really good. They get plenty of food.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They've been wonderful! Breakfast she likes the most. All the staff have been excellent.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They are very attentive to my dad and always in a good with him. They told him they will miss him. It turned out to be a good experience. They told me what they did for him and he progressed. It is an older building and they keep it really clean. Everybody, the therapists, nurses and aides were all very helpful. I was concerned because he did not have a bath and they squeezed him in for a bath.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

It is a very special place. I think that every person I have met is genuinely interested. We have made friends with other people who have patients there. To walk down the hall and get a hug from them has meant so much. When you walk in the doors, people smile and there is laughter there, and great conversations. I have had at least 2 phone calls to inform me on things with mom. I know they are busy and that they took time to do that was very meaningful to me.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They've called me a few times. Everyone, especially the speech therapist, has gone above and beyond. They've been doing a lot for her. They have been working on getting her leg stronger and I really have no complaints. She wants her freedom so she doesn't like it but I think it's been fine.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

We are happy with our experience at this facility so far! Everyone is nice here, very helpful. It is very clean, however, it could use some painting!

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

They've been speaking to my daughter as much as me, they do good to keep us informed. Sometimes it takes a little long to get help. If we had any problems we would let them know.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

All of the therapists have done well. Everything is very good but it is old. The staff are very nice. It is hard to take a bath. I want a bath every day. It is pretty clean. They make my bed every two days and sometimes they sweep. They empty the waste baskets. They have never mopped my floor since I have been here though. Communication is pretty good. Sometimes you ring your buzzer at night and they do not show up for 10 minutes.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I'd recommend Cumming Nursing Center. The only thing he has an issue with is some of the meals. But as far as actual care it has been very good. To me done what supposed to be doing and I think he is getting the results expected for him. He does need all 3 types of therapy getting and I think it is on point with it.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I highly recommend the facility for the excellent therapy services!

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

There have been a few hiccups, but it's fairly good though. The PT is great. Two people there he really loves. The response to the call button can be slow.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The therapy people are all good. The rooms size makes it a 4 instead of a 5 star, there's 4 people using one bath. The nursing care is good. There is one nurse that's really nice, she is exceptional.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Overall it has been a pleasant experience. The building itself seems to need some updating though.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The food is delicious. Green beans have never tasted so good. The personnel is very friendly and cooperative. The therapists are very patient with him and very considerate. They mop twice and scrub things down. They are doing all can do there. The midnight shift is not as good. The staff need to give you more information.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I'M VERY HAPPY WITH IT! As far as communication, I'd give the staff a 10 out of 5, they've been great! The meals could use some help, though.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The nurses here are truly great! They also do a great job at keeping me informed about my wife's care. You cannot walk down the hall without someone checking on you or asking how you are doing. They are really a friendly group of people always willing to help. Several of the CNAs are exceptional. The nurses at the facility especially do a great job with communication. They not only keep me informed and updated regarding my wife's care they do it with such a great attitude. Also, we have a meeting scheduled this week just to go over the progress as well as her condition in general. This is really helpful as well. The therapists have been very helpful to my wife. They work very hard and are always pleasant. Two therapists in particular have gone above and beyond throughout this process. One of the cleaning staff members is amazing. I have never seen someone work so hard in my life. That man is absolutely amazing. He is there day in and day out keeping that place spotless - really, spotless! Before something even touches the floor he is there to clean it and make sure everything looks great.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Cumming Nursing Center was excellent. They helped a lot.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

There were some issues but overall it was good compared to other facilities. The only issue was dietary-related. They made every effort to meet my needs though. Certain staff members I felt excelled.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The occupational and physical therapy have all have been incredible! They work hard to get my loved one where she needs to be.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I'm very satisfied. I've been to several places and Cumming was the best place I've ever been in. The staff are all there to help me, it's the top!

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

I'd recommend Cumming Nursing Center!

The cheesecake is good!

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The staff were good and kind. The nurses were very responsive and called with updates. Everything was clean and well taken care of. Some things went wrong for him while there. They think they may not know the right person to talk to. Some communication was missing. His appetite is low but the meals have smelled good. Some are a little salty.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The therapists are doing a very nice job and the rehab department is very good and patient. The staff are attentive and greet you. All the nurses have been good and no one complains during their job. They attend to patients with compassion, that I appreciate.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

The rehab is good and exceeded my expectations. My loved one's mobility and cognition is improving. The staff are great and nice, but it's hard to find people who have the information. I noticed there is a lack of communication and it can be hard to get in touch with the people there.

Review of Cumming Nursing Center

Some things I am happy with and some things I am not happy with. I like a few of the staff members in particular. There is one aide who spoils everything and she works in the afternoon. Some of the staff do not speak English well.

Negative experience

I recently spent 5 weeks there for rehab. The rehab was fantastic and the food was superb, The kitchen staff, [Name removed] in particular, went out of their way to give you what you requested.

They don't have enough night staff to care for the patients needs such as bedpan and toilet needs resulting in embarassing accidents. And the health department should be called to inspect the bathrooms which were filthy while I was there.

Great Place

The staff is amazing! They are friendly and welcoming. They check in often to make sure you have what you need. The food is good. They have a beautiful couryard to hang out in. I am very pleased with everything about this place!

They treated me really well. Everyone was nice. It was very clean. The meals were okay, just a bit bland.

It was a very good experience, they are as cooperative as could be. We have no complaints, the food is even good! Those girls should be cooking in a restaurant. I give them all 10/5!

It has been a perfect experience. They are caring and efficient. I cannot say enough good things about them, they are exceptional.

We had a very good overall experience.

It was a good experience and my father made good progress while he was there. I just want to point out that the rehab people were incredible.

They could improve on the meals, my loved one constantly complains about them. They very much keep me informed

I would recommend.

Cumming Nursing Center is the premier nursing home provider of senior rehab services and long-term care in Forsyth County. Our short-term recovery program provides innovative sub-acute care for those needing various levels of skilled nursing, therapy and rehabilitation following a serious injury or illness.