Brookdale Easley - Easley, SC has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Easley - Easley, SC

Brookdale Easley

I saw Brookdale while looking at options for my loved one. The place seemed nice overall, but it was kind of old and out dated as well. I ultimately decided to go with another community that I liked better and thought would be a better fit for my loved one.

Nice tour

We had a nice tour of the Brookdale Easley. The staff was friendly and helpful providing information regarding their community. It was a clean and well-kept community. We chose another community based on our loved one's needs.

Keep shopping

Parents lived here. Not impressed. Staff is helpful only when applying for residency. Almost like a Hospice situation. WAY too expensive for the quality of the facility and care. You can do better. Keep shopping.

A good place

My friend is doing well at this community. She is making friends. The food is cafeteria style and she seems to like it. The staff are responsive and helpful. Housekeeping is doing a good job cleaning her apartment and helping with the laundry. They do offer some daily activities and they keep the community well maintained. We like that this is a continuing care community. My only complaint would be that there are no computers for the residents to use. I would recommend this community.

Care and comfort

I like the care for my mom at this community. She likes that staff and the clean environment. The menu is appealing and she seems to be pleased with variety. They offer her to participate in the activity. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one to other families.

Wonderful Place to Go

I am so pleased with Brookdale Easley and my brother really enjoys living there. My brother has a studio apartment with a nice kictenette where he can eat his breatfast, then he gets two meals which are covered and he enjoys eating his lunch and dinner in the formal dining room with the covered tables and he says the food is great as well.
There are all kinds of activities including pool tables which the admitting gal played a round of pool with my brother the day he was signed in at Brookdale Easley.
We do pay extra to have his apt cleaned and his clothes washed but they do a fantastic job. We did have to buy some of the furniture and a TV for his apartment. Everything there is clean and air conditioned. They also have a covered patio with tables and chairs outside for the residenances to use.
They make sure they keep an eye open and if the residences need help in their apt they are there to help them.
They also have transportation for the residents so they can go to their doctor appointments and pick up their meds at Walmart as well as grocery shopping and they allow pets.
Yes, I would highly recommend Brookdale Easley to my friends and family.

I took a tour!!

I toured Brookdale Easley but it was independent living, and my father did not qualify for independent living, Brookdale was a nice place, but it did not fit my father's needs.

The grounds are nice, but the living space was very small.

Highly recommend

Very pleased with the facility and the administration and staff are wonderful. They are very helpful and true to their word! Very pleased and highly recommend Brookdale Easley!

We love it!

The staff here are doing a wonderful job with mom. Mom likes the food as far as I can tell. The staff has been trying to get mom involved with some of the activities which is what I like. Mom likes to be around the other residents as well. The community is a older community, but they do keep it clean for her.

Decent Experience for the Most Part

My in law's was at this community for short time to recover from her surgery. It was decent experience for the most part. They were happy with the food, the meals were nice. I would say they need to respond quicker to help calls, and also the help button in their room did not work. She was not happy when they knocked on her door at 1 am in the morning, to collect laundry. We were for the most part satisfied, and my husband and I would had felt comfortable with them staying at this community.

Informative Staff!!

I really enjoyed my tour at this community, the staff was very knowledgeable and took there time showing me around the different bedrooms and the rest of the facility. They offered a great activity program and had a menu with lots of different meal choices for the residents.

Intrusive Research into Non-Responsible Family Member Backgrounds

We recently moved my grandmother into the facility after a 3-week hospital stay and she was placed under hospice care.

Immediately (as in within minutes) following my parents' final meetings with and selection of Brookdale Easley for my grandmother, someone employed at this specific location (Easley Brookdale) began conducting extensive research on me via Linked In, my company website, Facebook and other forms of social media. This is how I found out what facility they'd chosen for my grandmother - because an employee of the facility (Brookdale Easley) was researching me and I was notified by several sites. I reached out to my parents and they confirmed they'd just left Brookdale Easley after signing paperwork for more than 2 hours.

I do not live in the state where my grandmother was placed, I was never involved in the meetings with Brookdale nor did my name come up during conversations at the facility. I do not know anyone who works in the facility and I am not in any way financially responsible for the decisions regarding or the costs of my grandmother's care there.

When I reached out to this individual about the inquiry, she indicated that I was suggested randomly by social media. Being that I do not live in the same state, do not have the same occupation as her and have zero mutual connections/friends, nor had I even heard of Brookdale until she popped up, I found her response to be highly unlikely.

I find it highly inappropriate that someone at Brookdale would conduct such extensive and intrusive research into the irrelevant background of a family member who did not attend any sales meetings, whose name is not on any paperwork and who is 100% not financially responsible for the decisions regarding or the cost of care for a family member who's moving to Brookdale.

Mixed feelings

Mom moved into Brookdale Easley in the middle of the month. It was kind of an urgent housing situation so we chose this facility because of immediate occupancy and no lease required. The price is reasonable, but it goes up every year! Mom likes the cottage-style housing and having trees, flowers, and natural surroundings. The people are sociable but did not have many good things to say about the staff and management. They seem to have a high turnover of staff. The 3 people we met had been employed less than 90 days and nobody was on the same page with details of the facility. Luckily mom is independent because I would not trust this facility to provide any eXtra care. Management gives the impression of only caring about the bottom line. They tried to overcharge on the pro-rated rent. Seems residents are an afterthought and collecting money is priority one. However, the residents are nice people who look out for each other. Mom likes it so far but I worry about her falling and don't think the staff would notice her absence or bother to check on her.

Staff

The staff here in South Carolina has been superb. If there is a issue of any kind they fix it right away. They do a great job for my father in law.

Nice place, relaxed feel

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for my loved ones. I thought Brookdale Easley seemed like a very nice place! It had a very casual, relaxed feel to it. The place seemed clean and well kept, and the staff that we met were friendly. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think things have gone well with Brookdale Easley. It's a nice looking place, and the staff are friendly and courteous. They really did a great job helping my loved one settle in and feel welcome! My only complaint is that they don't have quite the variety of activities as some other locations I saw, but my loved one really seems to love the place!

Everything is going pretty well so far.

Everything is going pretty well so far. I don't have any complaints, everyone has been helpful, and responsive. They were comparable in price to most other places, and even less than some.

So far it's working out okay.

So far it's working out okay. They could use more staff on the evenings and the weekends. The food is catered, and while it isn't home cooking, they do have fresh fruits and vegetables, and a nice variety of foods. It's pretty clean and the staff is friendly. They were right on top of things when my loved one fell. Overall I think they do pretty good.

Above Average Community

Emeritus at Countryside Village is a great community. The staff goes above and beyond to accommodate their residents. My Mom is a resident and she is really enjoying the food and the well organized dining room staff. There is a variety and lots of food available. They do have call buttons in the rooms for safety and security. Mom states they are very attentive to individual needs. She had a problem with some plumbing and maintenance was there to remedy the situation. Mom does miss being able to cook and clean on her own.

Would not recommend

This is a kind of community that has a central community room with individual rooms. The problem is that in many cases of older people it is difficult for them to get to the dining room and activities. I would not recommend this facility.

Great renovation, but mediocre service so far.

While they promised us a renovation, it took 3 weeks longer than planned. It looks good except for the bathtub and inside the closets. Even with THEIR delay, they gave us mega grief about the date of the doctor visit upon entry. The sales and tour person has given us some incorrect info. The transition from Emeritus to Brookdale has not been smooth for us. We get mixed messages from administration and caregivers. One caregiver was caught digging around in a closet in the middle of the night. While the price is more reasonable, BUYER BEWARE. OVERALL: Great renovation but mediocre service so far. Most activities are too far away for the people who need assistance and they don't offer short transfers.

Nice place, overall

Things have gone well with Emeritus at the Countryside Campus so far! The staff here are all friendly and caring, and the facility itself is a nice looking, clean, friendly place. They also do a decent job with the food!

Nice looking place, but not a good fit

We toured this location while looking into options for a loved one. It was a nice enough looking place, and the staff were friendly, but it was not the type of community we were looking for. Many of the residents required a higher level of care, and it was just too large of a community in general. We did not feel it would be a good fit for our loved one.

Too much of a sales pitch

The condition of the facilities seemed to be older and it was more of a sales type attitude there. I felt like they were trying to sell me a condo or a time share.

Not alot for younger people

The cleanliness is okay from what ive noticed, for instance, the salad bar is not very cleaned up, stuff like that. My daughter has been here a couple of times with some maintenence problems they say have been fixed and everytime it goes out they have to come back in. i haven't done wnything with them at all with activities jsut mainly shopping, theres really not anything i would want to go to, like playing poker or watching videos in the main room. I like it okay, i like the grouns and the gardens and stuff like that, the reason i picked emeritus was i was backed into a corner because of my age and this was the only place here that would take me.

Lacking aesthetics I belive...

Lacking aesthetics I belive my in-laws would not [removed] the narrow hallways, dark and closed in feelings. The open living areas in the assisted living were crowed and not inviting. THe assited living smelled and many of the residents appeared to be much lower in cognitive levels. This lacks attractive outside areas with manicured landscaping. The executive director and her assistant were great, honest and knew their business. We really like them and know their philosopy for eldercare displayed experience, knowledge and 'real' caring. The director has only been there one year and I know they are working on improving the environment and facilities,but at this time this is not the place for my in-law. This is a comprehensive facility. However, residents reported mixed feeling about the facility and most felt the food was good about 50% of the time

Like Home

We are very pleased with Emeritus at Countryside Campus. They have been wonderful to work with and wonderful to my father-in-law. He has not gotten into the activities yet but from the calender that I have seen I would be very pleased if he did. I think it would help him to make friends. They have church groups that come and sing, craft classes, different clubs. There's a lot of activites that don't require a lot of physical ability.

Some nursing homes or assisted living places we went to looked or smelled like a run down hospital and Countryside does not. It's very clean and doesn't have that hospital smell. His room is really like a home.

He likes the food. We were having trouble feeding him becuase he doesn't have teeth and they are good about pureeing and that. He said he's eating all of it, it's good!

Overall I liked it (haven't been here...

Overall I liked it (haven't been here long enough to have an opinon)

They're pretty friendly. There's always a few rotten eggs in every bunch.

only apts

only apts

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.