Creekside at Shallowford - Chattanooga, TN

Really like this place. [Name removed] was super nice & helpful. This place had a real sense of community. My mother thought it felt cozy here

Creekside OK, but needs improvement

After looking at most of the Retirement Communities in Chattanooga, my parent moved into Creekside this year. We chose Creekside due to the location, the bright atmosphere, and the fact that it had lots of activities. The activity selection has been great. The main problem I see is the poor quality of the food and service in the dining room. It takes a long time to get your food, and when it does come, it is usually not prepared well. The menu choices are usually not very healthy, especially for senior citizens. Kitchens in the rooms are too small to prepare your own food, except for microwave items. There is also little or no food available after hours. There seems to be a shortage of employees in the dining room. For $3000 a month, a person should get better.

Love One is In Good Hands

My mother is law had previously lived in this community, but she was not pleased with meals. After a while we did feel it would be best for her to move back, and meals are a lot better. This is a great community, and our opinion of it is very good, because we moved our love one back. We know she is safe, and in good hands. They have a wonderful staff. They are kind when we visit, and taking good care of my mother in law. Her apartment looks great, they fixed everything we asked them to fix. However I do feel they could do a better job with the cleanliness around the facility. She loves to play bingo, and there are other activities available as well. This community has worked out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

This property is off our list. It needs some updates badly. While we were on our tour, we heard three residents voice complaints to the General Manager about various things. Also, there is no one on duty from 7:30 pm to 7:30 am. This is a serious concern for us. The community fee is extremely high compared to others, yet the amenities do not seem to justify that. Also, the General Manager could not give us firm pricing, saying it can change day to day.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing your comments with us. Receiving feedback is critical to helping improve our overall process, and we appreciate anytime some one reaches out to share their thoughts with us. I'm sorry to hear we are off your list, but appreciate you taking the time to reach out and share this feedback with us. Of course, if we can be of any further assistance to your or your family during your search, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here and always happy to help. Thank you, -Katie

Things are working out well

We liked that this community is for independent living residents. The staff have been very accommodating. My mom likes the food and they do offer some daily activities. The community is well maintained and I would recommend it.

Offered things that they don't provide.

My loved one lives here and she has told me she doesn't feel like they are meeting the promises they gave to her in the beginning. They don't offer as many activities as they said they did and she was told they have a shuttle service but they only take them to Walmart once a week and to doctors appointments.She said the staff is friendly but there is a lack of communication.

Mom approved!

Everything has been going great. Mom is getting involved with certain activities. She is enjoying the food and there have been no complaints. The community and moms room is always clean and neat as well as the community itself.

Disappointed

Mother trusted daughter to "do the right thing" for her as she was moving from a distant location. Friendliness was outstanding prior to move-in. After move-in mother felt "invisible" to upper management. No orientation provided. Food not good: tough, dry, tasteless. Cleanliness/sanitization of apartment was not completed: black mold at faucets, drains, and handicap bars. Other surfaces tacky, sticky. ALL flooring not replaced as promised. Other obvious damages in apartment not fixed prior to move-in. Common areas need deep cleaning: dusting, vacuuming and railings sanitized. Laundry room dirty. Towels provided on one occasion were folded but dirty/bloody. We are VERY disappointed with this property.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, I'd like to thank you for reaching out with your comments.Your feedback is critical to our customer service, and sharing your opinions with us helps to facilitate that process. I'm so sorry to hear your comments regarding this property, but want to make sure we do all we can to address your concerns. If it's okay with you, I'd like to put you in touch with our resident relations team, who would love to speak with you and learn more around your experience. Can you give us a call? We can be reached at [removed]. Thank you!

Meeting A lot of New People

I'am enjoying my time here at this community. I'am meeting a lot new people, which I enjoy very much. The community looks great, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is very nice and accommodating. My only issue has been that I would like an handicap parking for my van. The dining experience is good, the food is good. Overall it has been a lovely experience.

I was very impressed with the physical appearance and services offered here. Everything is included in the monthly fees except newspapers and landline phone. I was a bit surprised that "independent living" units do not include a full kitchen, but this is not a "deal breaker" for me. They also have a "no weapons" policy which is not good. Otherwise, I was very favorably impressed. Their "travel program" which allows a resident to stay in any of their location, nationwide, at no cost, appears to be an interesting, unique feature.

Things are going better than I hoped at Creekside!!!!

My Brother in law is doing better than I expected at this community. The community is clean and well cared for. He is very pleased with the food. I also never would have imaged he would get so involved in the activities offered there. He likes bingo, dominos and WII bowling. The staff are very nice and have been very helpful to him. I would recommend this community.

Wouldn't trade it for the world!

Of course it's taken some time for my Dad to adjust but the experience overall has been great. The staff are super nice and extremely helpful. I'm sure that with time it will get better for my Dad but we really love this place for him. In fact, I've already recommended that place and couldn't be more thankful to A Place For Mom for helping me find it!

Friendly, attentive staff

They've done a great job at Creekside at Shallowford, we are completely satisfied with the service they've provided! It is a clean, nice looking place, and I really like all of the personal attention that is given to my loved one.

Creekside At Shallowford

We (my aunt and myself), are very pleased with Creekside At Shallowford. My aunt has settled in quite nicely and well adjusted. Management is helpful, the food is good, and the residents are friendly.

Thank you "A PLACE FOR MOM" for aiding in the search process and yes, I would recommend this service, and Creekside to others.

Thank you!!

mostly good

One thing that they could improve would be to clean the rooms a little better when preparing for the next occupant to move in. They were a little lacking there.

Other than that everything else has been quite good. They have really good communication and follow-up.

Great place!

They are such good people here! They do a wonderful job looking out for their residents. It's a well kept, clean community, the staff are all very friendly, and even the food is great! We have no complaints whatsoever! Our loved one is very happy here, and we're glad we found them.

Outstanding home away from home

We absolutely have fallen in love with my mother (Joyce) new home. The staff and guests are very friendly and always reach out to include us as well as a warm embrace to Joyce. The amenities are above and beyond our expectations and were exactly the reason Joyce needed to move from our home so she could have interactions with women and men her age, eat nutritious meals and be able to enjoy outings to various venues. We will be recommending Creekside at Shallowford to anyone we encounter that needs a new home away from home.

The grounds were inviting a...

The grounds were inviting and in a nice natural setting. It had the least informative of all the briefings, but had a new co-manager. This chain uses their co-managers as marketers and do not provide a take-away brochure or packet. A plus, they have four two bedroom duplexes and would have plenty room for more but have no current plans to expand in that direction. We were pleased to be able to see one of these. We ate lunch here; it was o.k., but not to write home about. The public restroom that I used needed cleaning.

A Good Place for Dad!

It was a very nice place and the people are very nice and helpful. My sister and I both live out of state so we were kind of counting on someone there to make sure everything is getting taken care of and there haven't been any issues at all. Our father is doing well there. The care is good and I don't think the cost is bad. For what we're getting, the value is really good. He gets 3 meals a day, medication management, showers, and they clean his room. He's never in his room so i'm assuming the activities are good too.

Set back off a main road, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the quiet, picturesque setting created by the lush woods surrounding us. And you’ll be delighted by the convenience of living just blocks away from a major mall, shopping centers, health care professionals and pharmacies.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind