Alexian Village of Tennessee Independent Living - Signal Mountain, TN

SOLD A BILL OF GOODS!!!!!!!!! DO NOT LIVE HERE!

My mom and I wish we had never had her move to Alexian Village. She pays a lot of money to live there with the expectation of healthcare availability since she lives independently. NOT so anymore. The statement by management yesterday was "if you can live independently, you have the capability of calling 911 yourself"...
She pays $3,000 monthly to ensure she is taken care of and this would include basic healthcare. This facility has changed management 3+ times in the last 3 years. Food is terrible. No physician on site..........we are now looking elsewhere for her to live.
(The employees, however, are wonderful!)

Stella Chiesl

During my search in March of 2013 for a suitable assisted living facility for my mother, Stella Chiesl, of the several facilities I visited one was Alexian Villages. When I visited the facility and interviewed the staff including the Director – Lauren, I was impressed with the cleanliness of the grounds and the professionalism of the people I met during the interview process. Based on these first impressions I picked Alexian Villages over the other potential assisted living facilities in the area.

Over the past 15 months I have been very disappointed in the service levels my mother received. Once my mother was admitted, the Director was less interested in talking to my mother or the family and more interested in when the check was going to be received. Since I do not live in the Chicago area, I relied on the information I needed to receive about my mother’s health from the staff on duty. The problem was that almost every time I called they were to busy to talk to me or answer my questions. The total number of people working during the night shifts was 2 CNAs and there were no licensed medical staff on site after 5:00 PM. This meant that any medications (morphine, etc.) had to be administered by family members and not by trained medical personnel.

The on-site doctor did not appear to be informed as to the medical condition of my mother. This became very evident when my mother was admitted to a hospital last December due to kidney failure, which according to the hospital doctors was caused by incorrect dosage of water pills.

Based on my experience over the past 15 months, I would not recommend Alexian Villages to anyone looking for an assisted living facility for their loved ones.

Alexian Village of Milwaukee is sponsored by the Alexian Brothers, an 800 year old Catholic religious order committed to quality and compassionate care for seniors. Situated on 60 acres in Milwaukee’s Historic Granville neighborhood, Alexian Village boasts of apartments of all sizes ranging from one bedrooms to customs. A “continuum of care” community, Alexian Village promotes wellness during all times of life. “Fit for Life” program offers a personally designed program to keep residents independent as long as possible and a free YMCA membership opens up more activities for residents to enjoy. An active social life features outings to area restaurants, concerts and tours as well as performances in the Village. “Outstanding Hospitality is Our Legacy” is more than a slogan at Alexian Village; it’s a commitment.