Cowhorn Creek Estates - Texarkana, TX

You’ll love the rural feel and friendly nature of your Texarkana home, while enjoying nearby big-city conveniences. Our community is just minutes away from metro shopping, golfing, excellent healthcare, and an abundance of Texas history.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Great Activity center!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far we are very pleased with how things are going for him. My dads apartment is the perfect fit for him and has a great open floor plan that's easy to navigate through. They have a great activity program on campus for all of the residents to get together and enjoy different events that they have for everyone. I like it so much I wish I could live there.

Mom's New Home

I like the care here for my mom. They have a nice and clean and very enjoyable. My mom has just moved into the community. The community does have a lot of great choices of activities that she is adjusting too. I like knowing that my mom is in a nice community for the care that is offered at a nice price. I would recommend the care of this community to other families.

She Enjoys The Community

After talking with my mom daily she tells me she enjoys it at the community and it's going fine. They are easy to work with and the staff check in on her often. She eats from the community and cooks some meals in her apartment when it is something she doesn't like. She says good things about the meals and has not complained. Everything is fine with housekeeping, there has been no issues. My mom has been playing bingo and the other games they have available for the residents.

Tremendously friendly, worked with us in every way, My mother-in-law started smiling when she came in the door and didn't stop until we left.

Enjoyable Company !!

My loved one seems to be really enjoying this community, she is especially loving the company and interaction with the other residents. They often have different games and activities for the residents throughout the day as well as providing tasty food and dessert. I have no complaints about this community.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Overall our experience with Cowhorn Creek Estates has been a good one! The staff here is friendly, accommodating, and my loved one really seems to have settled in well here. The facility is clean and well kept, and I like that they'll tidy up his room and clean his linens once a week. They also help out with his dog, and will walk it twice a day. It's a nice place, overall!

Our Experience

The staff was really nice and caring with Vicki the sales person being the most helpful.

We had several meals in the dining room prior to our move in, the food was great. However, it takes one and a half hours to sometimes almost two to get served lunch. I am not a table sitter.

The facility is beautiful and well maintained inside and out. The fact that there is only one elevator is inconvient and sometimes time consuming to use. We live on the 3rd floor and I choose to use the stairs as much as possible.

The facility is close to resturants, shopping, entertainment, etc which is a big plus for us.

We love our two bedroom unit and feel it very comfortable and homey.

A couple of issues with pricing policies on the community fees. They were raised from $ 2,000 to $ 2,700, which is extremely high. Would be curious to know when that took effect. Another issue, we were told that the base price of the unit was $ 2,049 as we had written down information when my wife called, but when processing in the office we were informed that it was $ 2,099, fifty dollars more.

Last issue was the fact that we informed the office staff we were not moving in until sometime in May. We signed our agreement/contract on the 25th of April and were charged for one day in April in addition to the month of May. I felt that was "gouging" a bit. We both wanted this facility and its location, so we accepted the aforementioned.

Overall we are extremely happy to have made the decision to move here and are enjoying the life style.

Great experience

We have had a great experience at Cowhorn Creek. The staff here is great and they really care about the residents. There are plenty of activities for the residents to participate in. The residents here are very nice too. The food isn't bad either.

Very Responsive

The staff members at Cowhorn Creek Estates were all just very responsive to any and all questions that I had that came up and they really tried to make my loved one feel like this is her new home, which was good.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Cowhorn Creek Estates has been a good one. The staff here is friendly and personable, and they always recognize my family members when we come to visit. They've gotten to know my loved one and know to check on her when she doesn't come for meals, etc. We did have an incident where they let her wander off, which was disconcerting, but other than that things have gone very well.

They Do A wonderful Job

I think it has been a good transition experience for my mother. They were very helpful and very nice and I just cannot say enough good things about them. I think Cowhorn Creek Estates does a wonderful job.

Yes! Check them out! :)

From first online contact to actual move-in, our experience with the staff at Cowhorn Creek has been great! Not only is the residence beautiful and affordable for us but the services on site met a lot of our needs. Only wish their was a better availability of "gopher" services for the more transport challenged. Love the fact that the staff & residents notice when our loved one is having a difficult time. They seem to look out for one another!

It was an excellent experience.

It was an excellent experience. They were as gracious as they could be. It's independent living but we had a caregiver come in during the day. When I finally had to bring hospice in, they were most cooperative. My mother was 102, and she lived through unbelievable segregation, and she never would have thought in a million years that she could be at a place like Cowhorn Creek. It made no difference who she was, they were unbelievably caring and supportive.

Sublime!

What an Excellent place to call home! I've been here for 2 months and absolutely love this place. From the most courteous staff to the best chefs I've ever been around, this is the best in retirement living!

It's very affordable, with good range of prices for the entire spectrum of retirement. I have the efficiency apartment and it fits my needs very well! Others apartments range from this to a two bedroom and everything in-between with something in your price range as well. There's a Media Room, an Activity Room, a Pool Table area with seating for a complete crew of folks to meet and enjoy life!

This is the Best place in the four-states area to call home! I hope to see you here soon!

They care about what they’re doing.

Mom is really happy there. They invited me for lunch and see what kind of meals they had. The food was good. It had flavor, good portion size. I looked at the menus. They have a nice variety - very nice dining experience – table cloths, napkins, serve each course like it’s a dining experience, not just feeding.
I was impressed with the value. I thought it was going to be more expensive than it was. They have a bus and will take her anywhere she wants to go. I would like them to have a nurse to give shots on site.
She goes to the movies, church services, and bingo. She’s making friends. It’s a very nice community. The people are very friendly. They care about what they’re doing. They offer a variety of room sizes

Lots of activities

It's pretty expensive but they have something going on every day just about all day, they have a fairly good variety. i just thought it would fit my mom and dad, they're not ready for a nursing home, they need not 24/7 care but just a little bit of extra care. it took alot of work off of us cause we just couldn't hardly do our life and keep them too, it was hard. things have been going really really really good, mothers loved it, my dad didn't want to move in, he keeps saying he doesn't like it but he really does, he just wont ever admit it. were really really happy with cowhorn, they're just great folks.

Very neat and clean. Like a 4 star h...

Very neat and clean. Like a 4 star hotel. Residents and staff friendly. The director was very helpful and knowledgeable.