Courtyard Village at Raleigh Hills - Portland, OR

We are a social, active community providing high quality and affordable housing with a commitment to excellence in active independent senior living. It's the privacy and freedom of home combined with the convenience and security of on-call assistance. Residents feel connected within our environment and continue to thrive as they build and foster meaningful relationships. Independently owned and operated locally. Your retirement years will be enriched and fulfilling with new friendships, experiences, and growth when you become a part of our resident family.

Our beautiful community is nestled on 4.5 acres in the heart of Raleigh Hills conveniently next to Fred Meyer, close to New Seasons Market, and other shopping and dining venues; a superior location for close-in west-siders and seniors throughout Portland. Come join us and personally discover for yourself why our residents absolutely love it here!

Largest rooms in the area but no Wi-Fi

I thought this facility was just average. The rent includes things like the heating and cooling, housekeeping, and laundry services. This facility had the largest 1 bedroom apartment at 775 square feet. The one thing I didn’t like is that meals are not included in the rent and there is no Wi-Fi in the building. Unfortunately, my tour did not go smoothly by any means. I went on a Saturday and the lady who was showing me around wore too many hats. She kept getting interrupted and there was a very large language barrier. I would recommend this facility.

Extremely Long Waiting List

I really liked this community it offered what I was hoping for outside access to your apartment. They offered 2 bedrooms with a patio or balcony which is what I was hoping for so I could garden. The apartments had full kitchens so you could cook for yourself so the community offered no meals which I didn't care for. They did have activities that I would have been very interested in however after researching the pricing I found it to be higher than I budgeted.

Joanie Ceballos

We do have an approximate 6 month waitlist on both two bedroom apartment and studio apartment homes. Since we have more one bedroom apartment homes than any other style, one may move in within 30-60 days. Most of our residents choose Courtyard Village because the meals are not included in the monthly rent. Thus, our residents still enjoy or prefer cooking and if they desire to eat in our dining room, they may do so. We are competitively priced within the marketplace and strive to provide the best value within the active senior living environment.

A caring community.

A very nice community with a very clean environment. The food is good and a good variety. The activities are good for anyone wanting to participate. I would recommend this for great care for a loved one.

Joanie Ceballos

Thank you so much for your comments about "the Courtyard". We strive for variety in both our meal program and activities. We have such a wide range of resident interests and backgrounds, it is fun for us to create various programs and socials.

They do a great job of keeping the community beautiful!!

This is an independent living community and they do a great job of sorting out who would be a great fit. The staff were wonderful and helpful when we moved in. She does not normally eat the food there but what she has eaten is above average. This community gets my recommendation.

Joanie Ceballos

We appreciate your comments. Great to hear when your loved one does eat in our dining room, he or she is satisfied with the meals. We strive to provide a nice variety of tasty entrees.

Very Clean

This is an okay community, for the most part I am pleased. I was not happy with the other community I was at and I needed to find a new place to move. The first thing that caught my eyes was how clean this place is. It is very nice looking and I have a pretty nice size room. The staff is nice and kind and always there to help. I like the activities and the food is okay.

Joanie Ceballos

We appreciate your feedback and constructive comments. We have an amazing team of both housekeeping staff and maintenance team members to ensure the building is always clean and well maintained. Feel free to see the General Manager and offer suggestions. We are open to improve our operation. Thank you so much!

Courtyard - INDEPENDENT Living

Courtyard Village is a nice place for truly independent seniors. Meals are excellent, but the service painfully slow. Beware - if your loved one diminishes rapidly, they will be asked to move on. Courtyard strictly enforces the 30 day lease termination regardless of circumstances.

Joanie Ceballos

Thank you for your comments! On occasion, our dining room service may be slow when we are not fully staffed in the dining room or because our menu items are "cooked to order". We are always seeking ways to improve.

We are solely an independent retirement community. Very vibrant, social, and active. We are staffed 24 hours a day and respond to all resident requests and emergencies. Because we are independent, we do not employ medical staff (i.e., caregivers, nurses) to assist residents. However, residents may hire a caregiver temporarily (i.e., recovering from a surgery) or for minor needs (i.e., medication management).

There comes a time as residents become older, more fragile, or become cognitively challenged that they are not able to live safely in our building. We care about the needs of each of our residents and work closely with families to help find an appropriate place where they will receive a higher level of care. This is a process that, sometimes, takes time and we are aware of this.

We do ask for a 30-day notice for all of our residents when they need to move on to a higher level of care (some families need more time, some don't). This policy is mandated through HUD.

Thank you again for your comments!

The representative emailed me in advance of appointment and was prepared for our visit. Merry, had all the information available in a folder. She included menus, activities, pricing, etc. everything needed and no generic marketing materials. She was especially good at connecting to my mom and all question I asked she replied directly to mom. She very patient and took the time to tour the entire facility showing us everything they had to offer. Food was a major issue for Mom and she introduced the Exec-Chef Adam, he sat with us talked about how he prepares food, menu and special consideration toward every resident. He then cooked Mom a from scratch lunch that was delicious. The flexible meal plan is very attractive and help provide cost savings. The facility is about the cleanest most attractive we have toured. The studio Apartments are the largest we have seen.

Joanie Ceballos

Thank you for your positive and detailed comments. We are blessed to have such a wonderfully talented, caring and genuine staff.

This one is closer to Moms ...

This one is closer to Moms church but the food is extra,and she will not be taking her dog when she moves.

Joanie Ceballos

Thank you so much for your comment. Yes, meals are not included in the rent. Our residents love that they can choose to eat in our dining room or prepare their own meals. Each apartment is equipped with full size appliances (including a dishwasher) and plenty of kitchen cabinetry. We do accept small dogs and cats, too.