Cottonwood Estates - Alpharetta, GA

This location has a very warm and inviting atmosphere. It is like family. The rooms however are small than anticipated and do not have kitchens which would be important for mom. [Name removed] was very inviting and showed us a lot of options. Not taking into consideration due to a kitchnette and not a full kitchen. Lovely place and warm people.

Prices were fair. We had lunch and food seams ok. Everybody is very friendly, place was clean and very well kept. The apartments they show us were very spacious but just one had wood floors and they do not have kitchen, just a small sink with very small cabinets.We really enjoy the family welcome and the insentives, moving for free, $1000,00 off for the second rent and only paying for 2 days rent in January.

New but Enjoying

We are newbies to Cottonwood Estates but so far my mother-in-law is enjoying her new friends, especially joining other ladies in the dining room for meals. I have had two meals with her both were good. She particularly enjoys the ice cream/froyo machine in the activities room. She is loving the independence of going to church on her own via the van from First United Methodist Alpharetta that picks up there for Sun services. We attended the first Cottonwood Estates Talent night and I was impressed. She has been favorable to most of the activites she has participated in. She tried a movie night, but she is not a movie person so I wasn't surprised that wasn't for her, not was happy hour but she has many happy hours ahead in the library and the chapel. So far so good

Independent living at its best

I really loved Cottonwood Estates, the people are amazingly helpful. The atmosphere is contemporary and clean, with a touch of elegance. The service staff is always professional and polite. They are totally willing to go above and beyond to make the experience of the residents and guests a pleasant one. Very kind and caring...I would totally recommend them to anyone looking for an independent living environment with all the bells and whistles!

My mom loves it at Cottonwood

My mom has been at Cottonwood for three weeks. The director, Kyle was right it took about two weeks and she was in the swing of things, playing cards with new friends, just hanging out and socializing.

Its so nice to know my mom is at a place where she comfortable.

She has decided to stay.

Thanks to Cottonwood especially to Kyle Beck.

Nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another Hawthorn community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one!

Terrible Industrial Food

I can't believe people are saying positive things about Cottonwood Estates. [removed] The food is terrible. They advertise a "Chef" on duty 24/7. It's a lie. A 10 year old could fix better meals. My Mother [removed], she was so intimidated by the staff demands that they be on time for meals so they could sit and wait for an hour for their cold, industrial meals. And, then the food was so terrible she wouldn't eat enough of it to keep a bird alive. Cottonwood makes all kinds of promises, but they follow through on nothing. Ask some of the residents about their "pea soup" with three peas in a broth. That's the level of the food that is served. I feel so sorry for the sweet people who are living there. We got Mom out. She has had some of her Cottonwood friends over for meals, and they are obviously VERY hungry.

Not enough words to describe

There are not enough kind words to describe Cottonwood Estates. When I was desperate to find a place for my mother, Melissa, thank god for Melissa, at A Place for Mom recommended this place.
I made that phone call and spoke to Mark. Then reality set in and I let fear take over. I cannot recall how many times I made appointments to tour and didn't show. My husband went and met with Michael and his wife, ate lunch with a few of the residents and was just enamored with this place. I still was just hiding my head in the sand. Mark did not know me, had never met me, but didn't give up on me. He probably doesn't even know it but in a gentle way he forced me to deal with what I was afraid to do. If not here then somewhere, but you have to make a decision for your mothers sake.
Thank God for his gentle demeanor and all of the time he spend WAITING on me.
My mom has been living at Cottonwood Estates now for 2 months and I am seeing her get some happy back. I cannot express enough the genuine care that the team at this place has for its residents. I can breathe easier now and relax a bit knowing she is more than well taken care of .

Cottonwood Estates is a reasonable price from what all the service they offer. The food and activities are good. The staff are awesome they take you in like your one of their own. She is very happy there and thats all that really matters.

Working out well so far!

So far things have gone well at Cottonwood Estates! We've been completely satisfied. The staff is helpful and professional, and they take good care of the people who live here. They are definitely worth a look for those looking into senior care!

A Very Disappointed Relative

The apperance of the facility is nice and the apartments are nice. Here are the main issues/complaints about this facility:
1 - Food - is HORRIBLE. At $500 a month it should be so much more. The menu comes down from Corporate-very few vegtables and TONS of carbs - potatoes/rice/pasta. That is because they go further and it is cheaper. So much food is wasted because it is not eaten or sent back. They also run out of their main entrees.
2 - It is supposed to be a Independent Living Facility; however they continue to take individuals that have Alzheimer's, Dementia and other health issues. On numerous occations my relative has had someone at her back door not knowing where they are, who they are, etc. This is on a main road and someone is going to end up hurt or worse. There are so many people who have not business living in an Independent Living facility. A old manager even acknowledged this and said they could get in trouble for accepting some of the people that are there.
3-Activities -They have gone through numerous Activity Managers - Each one holding activities for the grade level of kindergarden. The newest Manager is someone right out of College. What would she know about activities for seniors?
4-As new as they are and the capacity of individuals they have - they are saying they are out of money.

Review of Cottonwood Estates Independent Living in Alpharetta, GA

Ok , new rooms . Didn't get a very good feel for it- kinda smelly , stuffy. Felt very rushed .

Great senior care facility.

Cottonwood Estates is wonderful in every area except the food. Pleasing that many elderly persons is a Herculaneum task but need to have more variety aside from the main meal choices.

It is always spotlessly clean with friendly and attentive staff and the maintenance man is great.

My mom is very happy there which says a lot.

Food not prepared with seniors in mind

Overall the managers are great and the facility is clean and well appointed. The most overwhelming issue though with Cottonwood is the food and food service.

They go to great lengths, including outdoor signs boasting "3 Chef Prepared Meals a Day!" to lure the residents in. So far it's working! They are at 100% occupancy. The problem is that the food is almost consistently poorly prepared, carbohydrate-filled and salt heavy. The residents have complained. One of the resident's family members even got together a resident survey and contacted the home office. All to no avail. Any discussion with the resident managers winds up with them saying that they are at the mercy of the home office and the food and products they prepare and serve can only be those approved by that office.

The residents also spend a huge amount of time sitting at their tables waiting to be served. The residents are supposed to be seated for the midday meal between 12:15 and 12:30. I have observed everyone sitting and waiting on their food long past 1 PM. I smiled and greeted one of the ladies that I passed, sitting at her table. She half-smiled disgustedly and indicated her empty plate. My parent in residence says that this is routine and that it's getting worse!

Great Ind Living Location

My Grandma has been at Cottonwood for about 6 weeks. She loves it. Everyone is so sweet. Food could be better, but overall Cottonwood has been great. Management greets her with a hug and staff go above and beyond.

Good for independent living

So far we’re good. It seems good. This is a great community for independent living. Everything seems to be working fine. This is the only community we’ve had anything to do with. We're happy with it so far.

This is a beautiful place w...

This is a beautiful place with lots of art work framed and other excellent amenities. They are 99% occupied at this time. We saw a 1 bed, 1 bath apartment that may come available soon that we liked very much. It was one of only two they have like it and is 848 sq.ft. It is $3995./mo. includes 3 meals daily, all utilities, on-site mgrs., emerg. call system, comp.ctr/wifi. Lunch was impressive.

It's a brand new facility so it is very clean.

It's a brand new facility so it is very clean. Housekeeping could do a better job. The food could be better prepared. There is not a lot of choice in the menu. I don't think the local chef is taking the initiative to make certain changes and do some of the small things that would make it better. It's often cold when they get it, the last four times I've eaten there it's been terrible. The large meal is in the middle of the day. The residents have complained and the response is we can't do anything about it. They end up eating microwave food. Mealtime is scheduled. Very disappointed in the food. I liked the fact that it was new, and that it felt like home. They decorate it beautifully and it feels good when I go in there. Cottonwood was very good to my parents when they first got there. They helped us paint and we were able to match paint colors to the furniture, and really got the place ready for us.

$3695/m 10 garages

$3695/m 10 garages

wonderful facility, clean, excellent ...

wonderful facility, clean, excellent management and staff, great .food

Great place for older seniors in transition

My 84-yr-old mother liked the place from the beginning. A unique concept in that there is no huge initial outlay of money - it's a rental from month to month. 3 balanced and delicious meals a day are provided, along with more services and activities than I can enumerate here. My mom's apt is tiny, but well appointed. It's going to be difficult for her to downsize, but I think she will be happy here. She's going to move in March 2014.

Visited. Opened June '13. ...

Visited. Opened June '13. New but old style. Safety most important. No kitchens, Mass dining for social reasons.

This place is absolutely be...

This place is absolutely beautiful. Like living at a country club.

We believe that Cottonwood Estates Gracious Retirement Living is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Cottonwood Estates, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Cottonwood features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.