Copperfield Estates - Houston, TX

My Dad went for a visit her and was very pleased with the community, but the studio apartments were too small and the one bedrooms are too expensive. He’s also not sure if his scooter would fit in their small elevator.

Staff not ready for tour. Ty Jones (General Manager) did tour--very knowledgeable and courteous. Emphasis placed on serving the residents in the best way possible. Kitchenette (no stove). Would prefer a stove. Three meals included (a plus). Menus look tasty with a good variety available. Floor plans & costs available on line. Two bridge groups. Wide variety of activities. Staff very friendly. Laundry down the hall. Rating based upon Mom's priority.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there! Thank you for letting us know about your tour at Copperfield Estates. We have passed along your review to our management team so that we can better serve future visitors. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

The staff has been very kind and caring

I like it here. They have good food, better than a few other places I’ve been. There are plenty of options to choose from. They’ve been very kind to everyone and I haven’t seen anybody be cruel. The room I have is a little smaller and came with a kitchenette, but we get 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. They offer several activities and exercise classes for the other residents to participate in. They even offer a bible class. Overall, I would recommend this place to other people.

Nothing negative to say

The staff is fantastic and the other residents are friendly and helpful. The community is kept well taken care of and the grounds are nice. Mom has not complained about the food. The accommodations are nice and I would recommend this community.

Very open and fresh!

I really liked Copperfield Estates when I toured. It was very fresh and bright. For that reason, it was not a good fit for my father in law. He did not like it but it was a great place. The tour guide was friendly and answered all of our questions, it was a good experience to tour!

Comfort for mom

This is an outstanding community for care. The staff is caring and attentive. They allowed us to stay over with mom to make her feel comfortable. It has a home feeling atmosphere. Her apartment is outstanding. The menu is wonderful with a great variety. They do offer a lot of activities for her to participate. She is very happy in this new home. We would recommend the care and value to other families for outstanding care and value.

Great Place!!

I thought this was a great place and it was initially my first choice of communities that I wanted my mother to go to. The staff where very friendly and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I just however ended up choosing a single level building for my mother instead of this place. I did not like the fact that it was multiple levels.

Comfort for dad!

So far, we have no complaints about the Copperfield Estates. The place is clean and the meals seem to be good, my father has not mentioned anything negative. They have a good amount of activities and outings that he has joined in.

Nice little cottages!

The Floorplan of this community was very similar to the Oak Park Luxury Reti9rement. They had cottages that were more independent. The place was maintained well and they had spaces outside of the cottages to plant plants which I knew my mother would love. Everyone was very nice and it was truly a good place.

Making New Friends!

Things are going well with the new community. The place is kept clean, they have housekeeping coming in and help my father with his apartment. They offer a variety of activities like poker night and cards, they also have music. The only complaint so far is they provide transportation, but only within a 5-mile radius. I did not know that before moving in so I'm still having to take him to appointments.

My mom tells me the activities are not well attended and they are cancelled about 50% of the time. I do not personally know if this is accurate; this is her perception. She was hoping for more involvement from other residents.

Feels like home!

I really like Copperfield Estates it is always clean and well kept. The staff are helpful and friendly. They keep me updating on my mom's care and needs. The community offers a wide array of activities like bingo which we liked. The food is very good my mom really likes the variety of choices offered.

High Pressure Sales Tactics

Run, don't walk from this company. I made 1 phone call yesterday to ask a few questions, and now less than 24 hours later I've received 2 sales phone calls, 1 sales text and 1 sales email. It's like working with a used car salesman! All high pressure sales tactics. The facility can't be great if they are this aggressive with trying to get you to place a loved one there.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you for your feedback. We are always trying to improve, and our sales team is in the process of improving how we reach out to potential residents and relatives of residents.

Your input will certainly help adjust our approach. Again, thank you for the feedback.

This community seemed like a nice place!!

The staff during our tour were friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms were a little smaller than the community we chose. The community seemed to be clean and well maintained.

The Tour Went Nice

I took a tour of this community one day and had noticed the community was a bit old but yet still clean and up kept. My dad did not like that a lot of people were residing within the community. It was smaller in size but the apartments are very spacious. The staff are knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I even found out that if my dad needed more care down the road, it would not be available at this community.

Copperfield

Copperfield is a very nice retirement community. Overall the staff is friendly and the community is kept clean. There have been some issues with them being short of staff over the past month and individual apartments are not getting cleaned as expected. The biggest complaint we have however is the quality of food. They do offer a nice variety of choices ;however, the overall taste lacks desire. Many residents complain of this as well. Many times the food is either over cooked or under cooked. This is an area they could improve on.

Attentive staff

We feel that housekeeping should come into the resident's rooms more often. There have been some issues with that. The staff is very friendly and attentive and we really like them. The facility itself is kept clean, although more individual attention could be paid to the rooms. The food is also pretty good.

going well overall

Copperfield Estates is going well overall. I have no problem with the value. My sister is in there. She moved from assisted living. I am paying for her medication to be given here. It was a process getting that right. Some of her meds were there and some were not. Sometimes the prescriptions don't get there. She is involved in the activities. The only problem with this facility is they don't have assisted living. That means we will have to move her again and that is just another adjustment she will have to go through.

I feel good with how things are going so far

We have not been there very long. Things are going wonderfully and the staff is lovely and being as helpful as they can. I feel good with how things are going so far with Dad.

love the managers

It has been a good experience at Copperfield Estates. She does say that sometimes they don't always do the activities that are listed. I love the managers here. They are really nice and helpful. We are really pleased with everything at this facility.

very friendly, room for improvement in some areas

My mother is living at Copperfield Estates and is very happy and really likes it there.

Her one major complaint is with the food. She is diabetic and their menu is not diabetic friendly. So half the time she does not eat the food they provide, which is a part of what we are paying for. Then also they probably do need to improve on is their response time for maintenance.

So there are definitely a couple of areas where they can improve, but for the most part they are a very good place. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful. The staff is wonderful.

Pros and Cons

Cons:
1) Trash pick up is only once a week. So if you have incontinence, it's a problem.

2) if u get incontinence care through Home Health Solutions at this facility....they will not change your sheets if you get them wet with urine. Therefore, if you go back to bed....it will be in urine.

3). Also Copperfield will not change your sheets if you have other pillows or blankets on it.

4). You are only allowed 1 set of towels per week.

5). If your trash overflows they will not attemp to take it out.

6). If you have things on the bathroom floors they will not move them to mop.

7). Bingo is very boring. You only win back your dimes. No prizes.

Pros:
1). Good food.
2). Nice staff.
3). Good value on space.

Location is perfect...would like Mom on ground floor. The studio I looked at was on ground level, but also on heavily travelled street. No Fence so security wise, not sure

They did a great a job.

They did a great a job. It's beautiful, and clean. There has been a not so small issue that we are working to get to the bottom of before I comment.Bbut other than that, and so far, I have been pretty pleased with them.

Review of Copperfield Estates Independent Living in Houston, TX

We love it! People are really nice. Great place for the money!!!

Too small for the price. Th...

Too small for the price. This wasn't a place where mom would be happy.

My loved one is very happy there.

My loved one is very happy there. The place is clean and the staff is friendly. We have brought some minor things to their attention and they still haven't been addressed, so their response could be better. I liked that they had indoor hallways. The people we met there, were excited to talk to us when we were just visiting, and she loved it when she saw it.

A nice place, overall

Copperfield Estates is a very nice independent living community. It's a well kept, clean looking place, and the staff are all very friendly. The only complaint I have is that I wish that the medication/appointment reminder service was a bit more persistent. My loved one can be difficult, and if he makes an excuse about why he can't do what they're reminding him to do at the time they just leave it at that.

Betty's home

From the minute my mother walked into Copperfield Estate she felt welcomed by staff and her new neighbors which are many. She has enjoyed the dining room experience, the meals provided are tasty plus the fact that you have more than one choice to pick from for your meal.

My parents lived here befor...

My parents lived here befor they did not like living there. Also VA denied them because this is an independent living facility.

No Trees Around The Property

That one has absolutely no trees around it at all. The building just didn't have as much scenery and stuff. The people were nice and everything sounded great but it was also quite a bit more expensive. They were asking $2500/$2600 a month for a single bedroom which is a little high. Maybe that's not high for the clients they get out there, I don't know.

Parents were happy, but food was horrible

My parents were happy there, the one thing they and everybody complained about was the food, it's so bad there. People, when they get older like that, they want basic food, they don't care about how fancy it is. If you're having chicken, say you're having chicken. They were always making fancy stuff and I had it and it was really bad. Something that kind of surprised me was that the managers were all standoffish, I know first hand but I've had others tell me the same thing. When my mother died, only 1 of the 4 acknowledged her death, in fact, one of the drivers got fired because she was hugging them and was too friendly.

Pros $1,700 - $3,000 mo.-mo. Cable in...

Pros $1,700 - $3,000 mo.-mo. Cable included Studios have full kitchenettes
Cons This facility is suited more for independent residents Home Health is additional cost (bathing, dressing, etc.) No night staff to check on her

Food was great. Less choices of apart...

Food was great. Less choices of apartments because they are more occupied. 3 meals a day, but at set times. Ate with 2 ladies that love it there. They allow smoking in personal apartments.

This one a maybe.

This one a maybe.

I like this one alot.

I like this one alot.

no pool? But the holiday vacation pl...

no pool? But the holiday vacation plan looks interesting for Dad - likes to travel

Busy intersection location - no visib...

Busy intersection location - no visible quiet area outside.

Nestled in beautifully landscaped grounds in the charming community of Cypress, you’ll love the elegant grace of our facilities and the convenience of being close to all the things that make life great. We’re near shopping, golfing, hospitals, dining and entertainment.
Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Copperfield Estates is located in historic Houston, TX, which is a large city full of culture, shopping, and many activities to keep everyone satisfied.

- Population: The population of Houston is over 2 million people. The average age of the residents is around 32 years old. The amenities of the big city tend to attract a younger crowd.

- Walkability: The overall walk score for the city is only a 49. A car is necessary for running some errands. Many districts in the city earned over a 70 making them great areas for walking to get around.

- Weather: Residents can expect the typical weather for this area: hot summers with temps in the high 90s, rarely getting below 70 at night. Winter consists of the 60s and 70s. Year-round good weather makes it great for outdoor activities.

Houston is a very large city with a lot to offer. Residents can enjoy a large variety of museums, shopping, and dining. Days spent there can be as relaxing or adventurous as residents would like.

Transportation

Residents of Copperfield Estates are always able to use the transportation services provided. For those who want to get out on their own, the city has many options. The Houston METRO rail system offers bus and rail service in and out of town. Seniors receive discounted fares. Free buses are available in town for rides throughout downtown areas. For those who want to take a taxi, Houston implemented a flat rate cab fee of $6 for downtown travel.

- OnCabs Houston: taxi rides in and out of town
- 7 Star Transportation Service: luxury taxi rides in and out of town
- Amtrak: Houston station for train rides to a variety of places; seniors receive discount tickets

Medical Services

Houston is home to some of the best hospitals and medical centers in the world. Residents will be able to find primary care providers and urgent facilities.

- Memorial Hermann Greater Heights Hospital: A full trauma hospital for emergency medicine and routine care

- St. Joseph Medical Center: Offering full-service emergency and routine care services

- Houston Medical Center: A network of primary care and specialist providers

Sports & Leisure

HPARD Senior Programs operates senior centers and many activities throughout the city for residents over the age of 55. They offer fitness, games, trips, and much more.

Golf is a popular sport in the area, with the weather being pleasant all year long. Houston has some great golf courses in and around the city.

- Pasadena Municipal Golf Course: 18 hole challenging golf course with practice facilities and PGA professional instruction
- Memorial Park Golf Course & Driving Range: 18 hole golf course with a covered driving range and restaurant
- Melrose Golf Course: 18 golf course that is lit for night play

Houston, TX has three parks with a total of 60 courts for public use throughout the city. Memorial Park Tennis Center, Lee LeClear Tennis Center, and the Homer Ford Tennis Center. There are several other activities to do in the city.

- Hermann Park: a popular large community park with activities.
- Houston Zoo: more than 4,000 animal species and exhibits for exploring.

Shopping

Houston is a mecca when it comes to shopping. Whether you are in the market for a designer label or a unique find, residents will find a variety of items at these spots:

- The Galleria: a large mall with popular stores and restaurants
- Houston Premium Outlets: a variety of popular outlet stores for goods at lower prices

Residents will find more than enough grocery stores and everyday stores like Walmart in the Houston, TX area.

- Randalls: chain grocery store with deli, produce, and bakery
- Whole Foods Market: chain of natural food and items
- Central Market: upscale grocery items and goods

With a large city like Houston, fast food restaurants are found everywhere. Some of the favorites for the city are Chick-Fil-A, Arby's, and Whataburger. The city is also home to some of the best sit-down restaurants around. Try something new at a fine dining establishment or comfort classics at family-friendly places.

- The Capital Grille: upscale steakhouse and American food
- Underbelly: upscale restaurant with a butcher shop on site
- Pax Americana: modern American food served in a casual environment

Houston is America's fourth-largest city, so entertainment won't be a problem; choosing which theatre to visit for a movie will be the bigger decision.

- AMC Dine-In Houston: chain movie theatre serving food and drinks
- Cinemark Memorial: movie theatre with large screens and the latest releases
- The Hobby Center for Performing Arts: live performances of plays and shows
- Bowlmor Houston: bowling lanes with food

Religious Services

Copperfield Estates is close to many churches, some may even be walked to. Residents will have no trouble finding the services they wish for. Some of the closest to the facility are:

- St. Cuthbert Episcopal Church
- West Houston Church of Christ
- Christ Covenant Church

Houston is a wonderful place to live and retire. The never-ending activities and nice weather make it a happy place to call home.