Comfort Keepers - Sumter, SC has yet not published prices.

My 'Thank You' to Comfort Keepers

I am one of four adult children who experienced a significant decline in the health of our mother last year. She is 83 years old and in early to moderate stages of dementia. She fell and broke her hip. She had many complications including 3 surgeries and a stay in the nursing home where she declined mentally and physically to the point where we felt that we may lose her by Christmas. The solution to all of us seemed obvious! She needed to come home but the complications of doing so were many! I live out of state and my siblings work. Our step father could not care for her by himself.

The solution we chose? I read reviews and the mission statement for Comfort keepers in Sumter, S.C. and was impressed and hopeful so I called them. I explained the special needs for my Mom including the standing/walking limitations, weight loss, and the complications associated with her dementia. Then I described the type of caregiver that we would need. Comfort Keepers came to Mom's home, listened to our concerns about Mom's needs and then she addressed each one with compassion and professionalism, which as a nurse, I can greatly appreciate. The attention that they gave our family in this process was exceptional. The effort that they gave to meeting the needs of my mom and the desires of the family were equally excellent. The caregiver that they matched to my Mom was priceless! She knows how to work with persons who have dementia, and has earned not only my Mom's trust, friendship and love but ours as well. Mom's condition has greatly improved! She went from a very grave condition to one of much improved health mentally and physically. I give thanks to God first and then to having found Comfort Keepers and the Caregiver that we now have for Mom. I highly recommend them.

So far they have been pretty happy.

So far they have been pretty happy with the lady they have coming in. I'm not right there, but they haven't had any issues with dependability. They get the same person all the time so there is a consistent person coming out.