Colonial Oaks Retirement Apt - Marion, IN

Colonial Oaks Retirement Apt - Marion, IN has yet not published prices.

Colonial Oaks Health Care Center

My father has atrial fibrillation. He takes a medication that stops his blood pressure rising when he stands up. This also caused him to pass out and get what is known as a hang man fracture. He’s lucky to be alive.

While he was there at Colonial Oaks, I don't think that the right hand necessarily always knew what the left hand was doing. The doctor, I adore, but he has a physician’s assistant who comes in more than he does and I'm not a huge fan of her. During the course of the 3 months that he was there, he was hospitalized several times. I have no proof or anything but I don’t think the new medication instructions got carried out for 7-10 days when he got there. My parents were treated very well there but my dad…I didn't think he was going to be able to come home.

They have a physical therapy department there that is unprecedented, they are so good! Unbelievable! Kyle and Sophia are big-city, major institution quality. They are amazing. I just don't think that the nursing staff is totally together or totally managed and I don't think the communication goes well. They're good nurses but they're overtaxed and don't necessarily communicate well between shifts.