Stellar Care at Collwood Terrace - San Diego, CA

At Stellar Care, we've created a safe home for seniors living with dementia. We partner with families struggling to care for loved ones and offer them a place that provides 24 hour, full time attention and the extra care needed for peace of mind. We are committed to creating a community where individuals with dementia are able to thrive in a secure environment suited to their needs. Stellar Care is family owned and operated and we take a person-centered approach to enhance the lives of our residents.
Please visit our website, www.stellarcaresd.com or visit us in person. We also offer respite care and day care.

• Diabetic Insulin Management

Nice T.V. Monitors

We really liked Stellar Care at Collwood Terrace. They seemed to have a lot of caregivers on hand. We also liked the T.V. monitoring system they had to be able to check on the residents. At the time of the tour, it was very loud with music and activity going on. We chose another community because mom was concerned it would be too noisy for my dad.

Stella Care - outstanding!

My wife was two active for two properties - rejected outright by one and after two nights was asked to leave the second one.

Stella Care took [Removed] with her difficulties. They assigned staff to work with her through some issues. The end result after four weeks is that Barbara is doing extremely well - she has greatly calmed down and is not displaying the behavior that others were afraid off.

I whole heartedly recommend Stella Care

Met with [Removed] and she was very informative; beautiful facility, 4 stories tall; large dining area, activity area and one rather small courtyard; they are going to do some renovations soon; provide a family support group 1st & 3rd Tuesday for anyone to attend; staff was very friendly and introduced themselves; different color uniforms used for different staff; strictly memory care.

Memcory Care

I toured this community. I was not comfortable with the floor. It seems like they would change residents to different rooms. It is a clean community and the variety of the meals would have been appealing. We recommend families to tour the community to see if it is what they are looking for.

Top of my list!

We really liked the Stellar Care when we toured. It was a beautiful place and it's located very close to my sister's home. At the time that we were wanting to move my mother in, there was a waiting list so we chose another community but this one will always be an option for just in case.

Go see this facility

We just placed my mother-in-law here and we are extremely happy with Stellar Care. We visited yesterday and took our son with us. He is an RN who worked previously for an ambulance company. He has transported seniors to hundreds of facilities throughout Southern California. He said this was one of the nicest facilities he had seen, and he has seen plenty. He was particularly impressed with all the activities as well as watching staff interact with patents.
The owners work there and could not try harder to keep everyone happy. Unfortunately my sister-in-law, who has her own mental issues, a drug history and a very unhappy life, is having a very hard time dealing with her mother's dementia and has chosen to strike out against Stellar Care in a very dishonest way.
Go check this place out on your own. You will see what we saw, a well run facility and great staff who try very hard to make a very tuff situation (parent with dementia) as good as possible.

A thumbs up

First I want to explain the thumbs down review from June 16. My sister wrote the review because she is unhappy with her life and unhappy that our mom has dementia. This is the second review she has written since our mom was placed here almost two weeks ago. She took down the first review and then became angry with me and placed a second one. She needs to lash out and someone, and unfortunately it is Stellar Care. This is a great place. The food is fantastic. My mother loves the food. Her room is fine. Yes it is on a busy street but it doesn't bother her. It is bright, clean and a great size. I visit everyday. The staff is very friendly and caring. They take wonderful care of my mom. As she gets stronger she will be able to move up to a higher floor where the activities are different. I love this place. The owners are so nice.They are there everyday participating with the patients. Please disregard my sisters thumbs down review. It was uncalled for and not true at all.

everything is working out okay for him

At Collwood Terrace Stellar Care Inc everything is working out okay for him. As far as I know everything is great there. He stays to himself and doesn't participate. He has his phone disconnected right now. My biggest concern is when you are in a facility like this and no one is with him 24/7 is if he has a heart attack no one will know. I don't think they would get to him in time.

Fantastic Facility

As far as doing well, the meals are fantastic. The structure is fantastic. It's great for dementia and alzheimer patients. The staff is unbelievable. They are friendly and outgoing and caring. The only thing they need to do better is a more diverse activities section. I don't think they adequately represent the different stages of dementia and alzheimers in their activities. The management is great though.

By far, the best activity director on earth is here. This facility is unique in that it is a large, privately-owned, dedicated memory care center. Very impressive.

Very nice place!

This definitely provided the right level of care that my client needed. It was also clean, and the staff was friendly. I did receive more hospitality at another place that I toured though, so I wasn't as impressed with Collwood Terrace. It is still nice though; I would suggest visiting it yourself to see if it would be a good fit for you.

Wonderful place for mom

From the day we placed my mother in Collwood Terrace, I have been overwhemingly pleased and surprised at the wonderful care my mother has been receiving. Whenever I visit, the staff welcomes me with open arms, and they always know where she is. My mother is suffering from Alzeimer's, and I am very impressed with the treatment and care she is receiving. I feel that I no longer have to worry about her safety, and this is a huge relief. Also, the facility and her room including her personally are always spotless clean. Bravo, Collwood Terrace!

Toured with the Director; lo-function...

Toured with the Director; lo-functioning and hi-functioning residents are on separate floors with different activities; nurses on-site 16 hours and on-call for 8 night hours; all rooms are on one side of the building and windows on the opposite side of hallway to allow plenty of natural light; offsite activities available for hi-functioning residents; snacks avail throughout the day; individualized care plans; LOVED this place!

very clean freindly staff very big -...

very clean freindly staff very big - doors closed?

traveling activities. Court yard sml ...

traveling activities. Court yard sml & not good.